June 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Weird shit people say

@jancandance's post got me thinking about all the weird shit people have said to me. We've talked a lot about this in relation to babies and pregnancy, but what about just regular 'ole weird shit? What creepy things have people said to you?

Or perhaps for those of us that ARE the weirdos (@wasnotwas, I'm looking at you here :p), what creepy shit have you said to strangers?

Re: S/O Weird shit people say

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    riansmommieriansmommie member
    edited November 2013
    While riding the MAX train back when I lived in OR I had some guy ask me if I was an adult dancer (his words), I told him no and then he proceeded to try to convince me that he has def seen my face on stage at one of the local strip clubs and don't I remember going home with him a few months back!? I stared at him blankly as I waited for the next stop so I could get off that train lol

edited to add:
    FTR I have never been a stripper though I have applied to be one and then backed out when I was called back for an interview.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    So I have what I call the "not cousins". They are my stepsiblings cousins, but from the opposite (not-my-stepparent's) side.

So Male Not Cousin finds out we're pregnant last holiday season (I know, pregnant story, but I've got two good ones from him). Says to me "Well, my son is CJ, S (my Stepbro) named his boy DJ, you should have a boy and name him RJ for (male-not-cousin) Jr.
    Crickets people. The room went completely silent.

Story 2. Male Not Cousin was getting married, Hubs and I were living together (not yet married). I was invited to the wedding solo. My mom called him up to confirm that Hubs was not invited. Somehow he got Hub's phone number, and said to him "Dude, come to the ceremony, go off, get yourself some dinner, and come back with a thirsty tounge, we've got open bar". Mind you the wedding was 7 hours from home, in EBF New Hampshire (I love NH, but this was way out in the sticks). When Hubs said no thanks, MNC says "Dude, what could possibly be more important to you than my wedding?!". Yeesh.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    34blondie said:
    Several times now, I've met someone new, told them my name, told them M's name and then their first question is, "Are you breastfeeding?"  

I think that's super creepy. 
    I think anyone but a close friend/family asking is creepy and I've had several acquaintances ask me if I was bfing.......... why do they care? So awkward.

image image

• Options
    I was pumping gas one day and the guy at the next pump walked over to me and said I smelled delicious, then he just walked away. I was creeped out.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    enuk2013 said:
    When I was 15 or 16, I was eating at a Japanese steak house with my family. The chef kept saying really awkward stuff to me the whole meal then at the end of his little show, when he was flipping bits of shrimp for people to catch at the table, he leaned forward and said to me, "Open wide, you dirty girl, I know you always do." I was so shocked I didn't say anything. My family didn't hear it and I was too embarrased to tell them. That one definitely stands out in my mind to this day!
    eeewww what a perv...

image image

• Options
    I once had a customer hit on me and tell me he was a Charles Manson follower in the same conversation.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    We've lived in our neighborhood about a year and I've been friendly with my neighbors but haven't hung out with them much. My husband always goes and hangs out with the neighbors after I go to sleep they all drink beer in the neighbors driveway. Well last week I went over and I sat down on the driveway because there weren't any chairs. My 40ish year old male neighbor said "don't sit on the concrete it will give you hemmroids. " awkward
  • Options
    ariaforte8ariaforte8 member
    edited November 2013
    I know it's a baby story but still. Little man is breastfed and growing very well. My Dad likes to exclaim when he sees him things along the line of:
    "He's such a titty man!"
    "He loooves them titties!"
    ...awkwarddddd
    I pointed out one time he wouldn't be saying that if I had a girl. He had nothing to say to that.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I was 18 I went to get my oil changed. This bald, old biker dude started talking to me, and he brought up the fact that he had a tattoo of a cat on his belly. He then whispered "You and I are the only people in here who can rub our pussies together." I was so grossed out that I just left and never told anyone about it. I should have reported it, but he intimidated the sh** out of me.
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ChicagoChic82 That's me.  It's generally not pervy, but definitely awkward.  I am the awkward turtle in the room about 90% of the time.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I got one! When I was in college, I was a tourguide for pre-frosh. One day we were having a huge event, so tourguides were pretty much all giving tours to students within their own schools (so for me, Architecture majors!). So I was leading my group out of our dept. building and one dad exclaims "Tree, Lamp, Sidewalk, Building, are we done?". Continue to the second half of the tour, he suddenly interrupts me to ask my major. When I said "Architectural Engineering" he says "They LET girls do THAT?" His poor son turned and walked to the back of the group. 2004 people... this happened post 2000!
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    Many years ago, when I worked part time at a department store, some woman shopping there just randomly started talking to me about all this crazy shit, including how she would have breastfed her sister's baby, if her sister had asked her to. This was completely out of nowhere. I kept nodding my head, trying to be polite, and walking away from her to straighten up racks, but she kept following me for like 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Once when I was dating hubs I was leaving his house and had to stop for gas. I had my dog in the car with me. The pump attendant was this 40 something dirty foreign guy and he said he liked my dog. I said thank you. He then said I had a pretty smile and I seemed like a nice girl. I said thanks again. He asked if I had a boyfriend an I said yes I do. He then said he wished he could meet a nice girl like me. He leaned kinda into my open car window and asked if he could have a kiss. NO JOKE this guy was probably missing teeth.... And of course I said no!! And he was like, just a little kiss? I again told him no and thank God he backed off and I drove away. Who does that?!

My second one was my MIL discussing with my h and I that if we decided to move closer to her (which we aren't....) then we couldn't stay with her. Her reason, which no one asked her for but she offered up, was because "you know, in laws don't like each other".... Cue awkward silence.... Uhhh am I supposed to respond to that with a "yeah you're right"? Was she telling me she didn't like me? I don't get it.

image image

• Options
    I'm not really creeped out by it, but I have had several old gents comment that they like my freckles (I have a lot). Haha one time in jr high a guy that I had a crush on asked me how far they went as he was looking at my arm... That would creep me out if anyone asked me that now.
  • Options
    @StephPegasus - your freckle story reminded me of one. Not remotely creepy, but more a funny sh!t kids say kind of story. I too have tons of freckles. A few years ago we were visiting DH's sister. Our niece was about 3 at the time and I was helping her get ready for bed. She started playing with my hair (it was about 1/2 way down my back at the time) and she says to me "Auntie Steph, you have such pretty, long hair". I say "thank you. When you grow up you'll have long hair too". She didn't even skip a beat "when I grown up, will I have dots all over my face too?" I died!
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a weird one. I used to take the bus a lot and you always got weird people saying weird things. The one that stands out is the one time I was sitting at the back of the bus and a middle age lady sits down very close to me. Ok, whatever. She then starts babbling (I can't remember about what exactly) and you can tell she is BSC. She then asked if I believed in zebras. For serious, zebras. She was fascinated to know she could go to Calgary and see them!
  • Options
    WasNotWas said:

Pretty much anyone who as ever met me tells me I remind them of someone they know or that I look like someone they know, so I have had complete strangers come up and give me hugs or try to get my attention by waving frantically my whole life.

I get this ALL THE TIME as well! I've learned to just say, "I have a familiar face" or I will be stuck there for 20 min while they try to remember where they know me from.
  • Options
    I was approached in a public pool by a complete stranger, who was fairly drunk, and asked whether I was worried about my thighs. WTF?!?!! I was so stunned, all I could say was no. Later, of course, I thought to myself that I should have asked if she was worried about her face. Ugly biotch. True story.

FWIW- I'm not the most in shape person but I'm fairly in shape and range between a size 2-6. Regardless... WTF?!?!!!
  • Options
    Oh and when I was working retail in my college days I was told I looked Egyptian. Random!! And no, I really don't. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"