April 2014 Moms
Options

FAILED!!!

Just got the phone call back about my three hour glucose test, I am a total failure!!!  Waiting on the Nutritionist to give me a call to schedule an appointment, also have to check my sugar 4 times a day! Yucky :( 

Has anyone else passed or failed their three hour??  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FAILED!!!

• Options
    I had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy and not with my second so I won't test this time until 28 weeks.

Just listen to the nutritionist, watch what you eat and eat when you're told to eat and make sure you keep checking those sugars. You'll be fine. Good luck!

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Options
    It's not a failure. There's practically nothing you can do to not get it if you're pre-disposed. My cousin had it and managed it with just diet and exercise, and because of it was one of the healthiest pregnant women I've known. Good luck working with your doctors, and please know that this is not your failure, and it is not the end of a still pretty normal pregnancy.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! I''m sorry you're going through this. I haven't before, my son is diabetic and I changed the needle and checked myself yesterday because I was shaky and weak and it was a tad low. Weird. Waiting on my ob to call back. Opposite issue I guess!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had GD with my son, but it was borderline and I was able to control it by eating a healthy diet. Good luck and just do what the nutritionist says. I cut out all processed carbs, which surprisingly was pretty easy. And because of such a healthy diet, I only gained 22lbs the entire pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Options
    Good luck! I''m sorry you're going through this. I haven't before, my son is diabetic and I changed the needle and checked myself yesterday because I was shaky and weak and it was a tad low. Weird. Waiting on my ob to call back. Opposite issue I guess!
    Good Luck to you too!!  I did have a dizzy spell awhile back so now I am wondering if this was the issue.  I am just not looking forward to checking my self every single day (4 times a day) not a fan of the needles.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ksulli said:
    It's not a failure. There's practically nothing you can do to not get it if you're pre-disposed. My cousin had it and managed it with just diet and exercise, and because of it was one of the healthiest pregnant women I've known. Good luck working with your doctors, and please know that this is not your failure, and it is not the end of a still pretty normal pregnancy.
    Thank you this makes me feel better I was just mad at myself because I have been so careful about what I eat.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It won't be so bad! The finger pricks really aren't terrible, and most likely you won't need insulin.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"