Minnesota Babies

Docs In the Oakdale/Woodbury Area

shenaegraniteshenaegranite member
edited November 2013 in Minnesota Babies

Re: Docs In the Oakdale/Woodbury Area

• I'm assuming you're looking for an OB? I like Metro OB in Woodbury and Dr Amy Kelly who is awesome!
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

• I've gone to Metro OB too, I just saw Dr. Knoedler and she is awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I've been going to Metro OB for 7 years now, well before having kids. Knoedler ended up delivering my daughter and I normally see Flynn. I have worked with all of the docs and that is why I went with that clinic, I would be comfortable and confident if any one of them took care of me. That is one great group of docs. Busy clinics, but worth it. I just make sure to schedule out as far in advance as possible and as early as possible so i'm usually the first patient in clinic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'd highly recommend Dr. Carolyn Leonard over at Allina in Woodbury. She's been fantastic so far - especially if you find out you're having multiples.
  • I second Comprehensive Healthcare for Women! Dr Arnold delivered my twins and their "pampered pregnancy" program is nice!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • If you're looking for HP - Dr. Baram is fantastic!  He's who you want in your corner if you have any complications...  He knows when to say "nothing to worry about" but also to let you know when something is more serious... 

As for Pediatricians - I've got a FANTASTIC one for the kids - the only problem is he retires in December :(( and I hate playing MD Roulette...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Health Partners in Woodbury and Dr. Horvath-Cosper is great!

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    edited November 2013
    I used to see Dr. Amy Kelly at Metro OBGYN but I really clashed with one of their NPs and changed clinics.  I now see Dr. Mahan or the NP, Aimee Neumann at Comprehensive Healthcare for Women.  They were great for the birth of my daughter last spring.
  • I hated Metro OB. I actually switched at 32 weeks with DD because I couldn't stand it anymore. I saw Dr. Less. I always felt like a "stupid patient" instead of a grown adult. I do my research so I didn't appreciate it.

I cannot give higher recommendations to Comprehensive Healthcare for Women in Woodbury though. I see Dr. Nelson and I love her.

They do everything possible to make it so your own doctor delivers your baby, they give you presents at every appointment (including a 30 minute pre-natal massage), and everyone is super welcoming. They always know my name when I walk in, and they take you seriously.

They're also very willing to listen to your wishes, and more willing to embrace some alternative treatments if there's no danger rather than jumping straight to drugs. (But if you need it, they'll medicate).
    Dr. Less is my OB and have never felt this way. He has always been accommodating and helpful with any questions I've had. Every doctor has their own bedside manner, you have to find the one that's comfortable for you. If you are looking for pediatrician's, highly recommend central pediatrics.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Crown OBGYN in Woodbury.  Dr. Burroughs is AMAZING.  It's a small clinic, so you never had to wait for anything.  The staff knows who you are, and are the kindest people.  I highly recommend it!
  • I go to Comprehensive Healthcare for Women in Woodbury as well. I saw Dr Klos last week and she was wonderful! I don't have a complaint about any of the Drs there as of yet. They do have the pampered pregnancy program which is free and PHENOMENAL. Every appt warrants a gift! Last week we got a free baby book for when baby is born we can fill out all their firsts. Before that, we got a free massage and a free nutrition consultation. AMAZING!
  • I as many of the others ladies go to comphrehensive healthcare for women and see Dr.Arnold! He is awesome and so are the other staff members!
  • Do the comprehensive healthcare docs deliver at Woodwinds?

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"