Pregnant after 35
Options

Is this normal?

So, I had my ultrascreen today (everything looks wonderful and I saw my baby girl moving!) and it was my first abdominal us. The others have been tv. So I started feeling a little tight/not so much crampy but kinda sore I guess. Is it normal? I mean they did push down on my uterus and my logical medical mind says that's what it is from but I don't really know. I don't have anything to compare it to. Have any of you ladies experienced this?

Re: Is this normal?

• Options
    How many weeks are you? I have soreness/cramping occasionally in my abdomen, it is supposed to be from your ligaments stretching and is normal.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was also going to ask how far along you were because if you are feeling everything get tight it sounds like Braxton Hicks.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not experienced pain that I attributed to an abdominal ultrasound--although they do push hard sometimes and it's not the most comfortable pressure. However, I do have lots of tightness and random pains in my lower abdomen just from pregnancy. 

The pains tend to come in waves: bad for a few days, then lesser for a few days. Perhaps it's just normal pregnancy aches and pains?

If you're concerned, never be afraid to call your doc and ask!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    I'm 12 weeks. It seems to have subsided and it totally could just be growing pains. I just automatically attributed it to the first abd ultrasound. The do push hard lol! Thank you for your insight! I truly appreciate it :)
  • Options
    I bet it's just your uterus growing and the tightness is because everything is stretching. The timing with your ultrasound is probably just coincidence. As jbelle said, it will come and go in waves. If you ever experience severe pain call your dr but this sounds normal to me.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Thank you Guennie ;;)
  • Options
    I had A LOT of crampy pains the first 20 weeks or so. I remember sometimes even trying to twist suddenly (even a little) hurt A LOT. No one told me this would happen! I think only some women get "round ligament pain." It's all the muscles stretching. I don't think it has anything to do with your ultrasound though. I think it just happens as you stretch. It does get better though - at least for me it did. It doesn't feel painful like that at all anymore, my skin stopped itching and my back actually feels BETTER in third trimester than it did in second!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"