Oregon Babies

Columbia women's vs Women's healthcare

Columbia women's health vs. women's healthcare associates?

My PC doc recommended these two clinics.  I was wondering if anyone had opinions about them?  I am disappointed already that the CWH doesn't offer interviews for incoming patients to meet their potential provider.  I haven't called WHA yet to find out whether or not they offer those.

Any information on them would be appreciated!

diebelt

Re: Columbia women's vs Women's healthcare

• I would not use women's health care associates I had issues with a doctor there she was rude and inappropriate and when I reported her the whole clinic just dumped me out of no where when I was in need of medical care 
  • I had amazing experience's with Women's Healthcare Associates!  Anyone that I have talked to who have used WHA LOVE them and highly recommend them. I used Helen Welch for my midwife and also saw Dr. Vanswam as an OB when I had gestational Diabetes. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to WHA and I love them! I didn't interview with any doctors before I started going there because I really needed a doctor, but so far I have been very happy with all the doctors I've met and the staff is really friendly.
  • I just transferred from CWH to WHA.  I just felt like I wasn't getting the care I needed and expected. CWH doesn't even have an ultrasound tech of their own, they use WHA. Really it is about finding what works best for you. So far I have only had an incredible experience with WHA. They were there when we were worried it was high risk. They were an ear when I needed to talk with someone about transferring in the middle of my pregnancy. They have been nothing but phenomenal.
  • I too go to WHA. Just had my second child and all OB doctors have been a great help to both my labor deliveries. Whenever my OB is not in the office I also have the option to see a midwife if I choose to. The midwifes are excellent. I recommend WHA to anyone.
  • I was a RN at St V's L & D.  While there are good MDs at both clinics, I personally went with WHA. 
  • I was wondering the same thing and went with CWC in the beginning only because I am with Providence already. From the initial call I didnt feel well taken care of, I had questions as this is my first pregnancy and I am only 5 weeks. I decided to go with WHA because I was referred there by many women I know. I had to go in yesterday for blood work unexpectedly and had a wonderful experience. They actually started the call off with "congratulations!" CWC didnt even do that. Everyone so far I have come in contact with at WHA has been great. I go back for more blood work on Monday (hoping and praying my HCG levels go up!!). But like everyone else said, it is ultimately where you feel most comfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"