December 2013 Moms
Options

Possible delivery room drama?

I just need to vent. My DF and mother are going to be the only 2 in the delivery room. My soon to be mil has made it a point during every conversation to "remind me" she's going to be in the delivery room as well. I have over and over again told her who is going to be in there, made my DF tell her over and over and she still Doesn't get it to the point where she said she will make a scene if she's not allowed. So I have now had to update my birth plan with who's allowed to be there during delivery. Both DF and I have asked her to respect us on our decisions, to which she replied "she's going to do what she wants and nobody's going to stop her"!

Re: Possible delivery room drama?

• Options
    Yeah, what ColeRose said. My OB said that if I want someone kept out, just tell the nurses. They'll make up "policies" if need be, and whatever scene she makes will be out of your sight.

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I fifth not telling her you're in labor. She sounds like a nightmare. I might move and forget to mention that as well.
  • Options
    This is the only drama allowed in my hospital...

Also she makes a good point.
  • Options
    Wow. I'm betting she'll be a peach to deal with as LO grows up as well.
    I say don't give in. She shouldn't receive ANY positive reinforcement for this kind of behavior. Otherwise you'll just see more of it in the future.

Remember, this is YOUR birth experience. She has no say in it.
  • Options
    Yeah I wouldn't even be calling her to say we're in labour.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    PaddlefisherPaddlefisher member
    edited November 2013
    As others have said.

But just for a fun thought experiment....  I love the idea of her being allowed in for your transition (during which some moms become fierce and have few inhibitions with their words).  I delight a little bit in the fantasy about her being allowed in for that and being handed her ass on a platter by you, and then her never even thinking about trying to cross a line with you again.  Maybe that could combat the phenomenon that @ mariahbowden describes.

PULL OUT A CAN OF WHOOP ASS CAUSE IT'S TRANSITION TIME!!!!!!!!!!! 
    =))
  • Options
    It's called Security. Every hospital has it. Notify your nurses as soon as you can. They'll keep her crazy ass out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes, have fun with her as your MIL. She'll be super fun as a grandma as well since she is great at respecting wishes! Your wedding should be cool, too. 

Set boundaries, this woman sounds nuts. 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • Options
    azmama20azmama20 member
    edited November 2013
    I am deathly afraid of this happening to me as my MIL can be a big ol' bag of crazy anytime there is a major life event for me or DH. My mom and I actually talked about this yesterday and My mom is willing to act as guard and I plan to get the hospital staff on board should MIL decided that something's about to go down and demand to stay in the room. I would update your birth plan and notify the hospital staff when you are headed for the delivery room. Also, if possible, I would try to get a family member on board to speak up on your behalf and act as a buffer if you MIL tries to barge in. 

If all else fails, as @ColeRose said, you can always give her a call after LO is born. :)

EDIT: Andplusalso, if all else else fails, you could always pull out a can of whoop-ass out and blame it on the hormones!!! :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"