August 2013 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    petey1106 said:

For all the PPs! This is one of the things I can't stand about girls dressing up for Halloween:

Hell, I'd consider wearing a pair of ears just so I can wear something.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    petey1106 said:

For all the PPs! This is one of the things I can't stand about girls dressing up for Halloween:

Confession: I totally did this one year, but with cat ears and a tail. The rest of my costume was just black lingerie.

• Options
    Jill9288 said:

In honor of Halloween, a candy related UO: I love the Mary Jane peanut butter taffy that comes in the orange or black wrappers. I also like Tootsie Rolls of any kind, and I love a good Almond Joy or Mounds Bar.

And a confession: one year, I gave out animal crackers and raisins. DH said I deserved to be egged.

Minus the Mary Jane peanut butter taffy, I'm beginning to think we are long lost twins :) I've got some Mounds and Almond Joy set aside for myself from our Halloween candy. And I love Tootsie Rolls. When I was pregnant I bought a two pack of those giant ones. Yum.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    rooftop said:

I think those family decals for the car are stupid and potentially unsafe. I saw one the other day with a mom and 3 lil girls and my first thought was "If I was some sicko, I would totally target that house."

A single friend of mine has some on his car just to be an ironic hipster. It's him and his cat. Haha.

Those are so not my style at all.

• Options

I think a lot of you ladies are over thinking Halloween. My kids love dressing up. I dress up my baby too, although I don't carry around a bucket for her. A lot of people give her candy anyway though.

What happened to letting kids be kids and enjoy this one time a year they get to put on a costume and get lots of candy?!  

Andplusalso....Today is my daughters 7th birthday. :)

Agreed! Happy birthday to your DD. Did she think everyone was passing out candy & dressing up for her bd? I have a good friend who's bd was the 4th of July, and she thought the fireworks were just for her!
    BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I can't stand PDA. I fully side eye couples who have PDA sessions. The whole world doesn't need to what goes on in your bedroom.

I agree 100%.. You should see my sis and BIL! She's always on his lap, kissing, just ALL over each other all the time. We've all made comments that we don't want to see them ''make a baby with their clothes on' but they think we're joking.. I can assure you we all want it to stop.

• Options
    I actually enjoy my breaks and time away from my kids when FI and I leave them with grandma for date nights. I don't spend the whole night missing them and wanting to rush home. I love them to death but I also love my time away!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

tdmklm said:

I kind of side-eye babies "trick or treating". Once the kid will actually eat the candy, fine... But when it's just parents going around with a baby, no. Unless the parents themselves are in costume. Then I'm all for it.

I can't speak for everyone else but, my babies have bags for trick-or-treating but we don't keep the candy. Every year a local dentist office offers "cash for candy". For every pound of candy you bring in you get $1 and they send the candy to troops. So yeah, my babies carry trick-or-treat bags. Instead of a ton of candy the kids are not going to eat anyway, we head to the store and they each pick out a little toy.

This is the very first year I will not be dressing up for Halloween. It is just so hard to find a costume that doesn't get in the way of wrangling 4 children.

I hadn't heard of that before, Wash. That's cool!
  • Options
    HermansWifeHermansWife member
    edited October 2013
    BellaOso said:

I'm delighted to get to see the holidays be magical again through the eyes of my kids. As I have gotten older I have noticed that despite the fact that I am a generally described as a happy-go-lucky person, I don't have the same capacity for joy and unbridled fun that I used to - adulthood got in the way.
    I can't freakin' wait for all the holidays. Bring it - I'm going to be the fun mom who makes a big deal out of every event until they don't want me to anymore.

This is me as well. The holidays used to be my favorite time of year, and I still look forward to them, but the glow has vanished. I'm excited to get that back and re-create that for my son. My husband isn't as into the holidays, but is supportive of how much they mean to me, so I'm excited.

To that end, we will be going out (in a gifted skeleton outfit) to a few select houses just to show him off to friends and family. I'm excited, even though I know he will have no clue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I don't care one bit if a grown female wants to dress "slutty". Whether she just wants to show off her body or she actually wants sexual attention, I don't care. Women should be able to dress however they want. I hate that it's more socially acceptable for men to like sex and want it, but if a female portrays that attitude then she is a "slut". Ugh I hate that word and I don't care one bit about your sexual life... not my place to judge.

This x a million. I don't dress slutty and always dressed in a funny costume but I don't hold anything against the girls that dressed sexy!
  • Options
    rooftop said:
    I think those family decals for the car are stupid and potentially unsafe. I saw one the other day with a mom and 3 lil girls and my first thought was "If I was some sicko, I would totally target that house."
    I've thought the same thing! 
    image mother quotes photo: love mother 132.gif

• Options

I don't care one bit if a grown female wants to dress "slutty". Whether she just wants to show off her body or she actually wants sexual attention, I don't care. Women should be able to dress however they want. I hate that it's more socially acceptable for men to like sex and want it, but if a female portrays that attitude then she is a "slut". Ugh I hate that word and I don't care one bit about your sexual life... not my place to judge.

This x a million. I don't dress slutty and always dressed in a funny costume but I don't hold anything against the girls that dressed sexy!

I think there is a difference between slutty and sexy, though. I dunno. Just my opinion.

I think so too but I don't know many young guys who think there's a difference and that's usually who they're dressing for :P
    Either way, I'm all for it's your body, dress how you want on Halloween.
  • Options
    I think big long acrylic/fake nails look tacky.
    Also, does anyone else hate french tip manicures?

• Options
    This is probably just a uo with my family. But i dont want to send ds to religous private schools.

My parents sent me to tjem and they left a bad taste in my mouth. Would i send him to a secular private school, or a public school? In a heart beat
  • Options
    I love Halloween!! My favourite holiday! I wasn't allowed to celebrate it as a child because my parents were extremely religious. I had to stay at home and pray for the souls of trick or treaters while other kids were out getting candy.

My OU: I hate Christmas. If it weren't for LO I wouldn't celebrate it!
  • Options
    k4maynes said:

I can't stand PDA. I fully side eye couples who have PDA sessions. The whole world doesn't need to what goes on in your bedroom.

I agree 100%.. You should see my sis and BIL! She's always on his lap, kissing, just ALL over each other all the time. We've all made comments that we don't want to see them ''make a baby with their clothes on' but they think we're joking.. I can assure you we all want it to stop.

Exactly! No thanks. I don't need to see that. Sometimes I feel people go over board because they're trying to prove some point about the stability of their relationships.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bikini barista stands shouldn't get as much shit as they do. I don't think we (local PD) should be investing as much time and man power into busting them for showing their tatas for a little extra cash as they do. How about the severe drug problem crippling the area?

***Bikini baristas are little mom and pop coffee stands that are staffed by scantily clad women (#SeattleProblems, lol)

• Options

k4maynes said:

Exactly! No thanks. I don't need to see that. Sometimes I feel people go over board because they're trying to prove some point about the stability of their relationships.
    I don't know if anyone else follows celeb gossip, but I always think this about Leann Rimes and Eddie whatshisname. They're trying so hard to prove they're in love at every photo op. Seems forced.

• Options
    petey1106 said:

crazed178 said:

LAMuehlen said:

This is probably just a uo with my family. But i dont want to send ds to religous private schools.

My parents sent me to tjem and they left a bad taste in my mouth. Would i send him to a secular private school, or a public school? In a heart beat

I 100% agree with you. While I got a better education than what I would have at the public schools in my area I never want my child to have to experience the crap I did.

I went to a private Christian school and hope I can send LO to a private school as well. I didn't agree with a lot of the things that went on at my school, but I am grateful that I went to a small school where the faculty gave a damn about the kids compared to the monstrous public high schools around here.

I loved my education and the smaller class sizes. But i want ds to form his own opinions in the world, and in my experience christian day schools dont truely allow that
  • Options
    petey1106 said:

crazed178 said:

LAMuehlen said:

I 100% agree with you. While I got a better education than what I would have at the public schools in my area I never want my child to have to experience the crap I did.

I went to a private Christian school and hope I can send LO to a private school as well. I didn't agree with a lot of the things that went on at my school, but I am grateful that I went to a small school where the faculty gave a damn about the kids compared to the monstrous public high schools around here.

I loved my education and the smaller class sizes. But i want ds to form his own opinions in the world, and in my experience christian day schools dont truely allow that
  • Options
    crazed178 said:

LAMuehlen said:

What'd you experience?
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options

k4maynes said:

Maybe, but I don't think makng out at your parents house with all your siblings and kids hanging out is appropriate. I peck, or holding hands is fine.. But they are extreme!
  • Options

@turtlemomma I saw a show about one of those once. But I can't remember what show. But the baristas dressed like firefighters, police officers, cowgirls, etc. I thought it was an interesting concept.

It definitely sells. Every once in a great while I will stop at one of these stands, but the place I go to's motto is "We sell our beans in our jeans". The bikini ones are funny in that these girls will still wear their skimpies when its snowing out. They crank the heat in the booth but damn, that is dedication!

• Options
    MagPie 1986MagPie 1986 member
    edited October 2013
    crazed178 said:
    LAMuehlen said:
    This is probably just a uo with my family. But i dont want to send ds to religous private schools. My parents sent me to tjem and they left a bad taste in my mouth. Would i send him to a secular private school, or a public school? In a heart beat
    What'd you experience?
    Not being the "rich" kid, or the favoritism of athletes in our school.  I also felt very forced to have certain opinions and beliefs.  So much so that when I questioned a couple of things, I was reported to the dean by my teacher who then felt the need to have a sit down meeting with my parents about how they needed to "control what comes out of my mouth. I know not every private christian school is like this but my experiences definitely put a bad taste in my mouth.
    This happened to me, too.  I was told I needed to go home and read my Bible on several occasions.  I also had to go to the dean's office because my teacher said I told a racy joke ( it wasn't racy) but right before me, another student told a racist joke and nothing was said.  I hated that school. 

I would rather move school districts than send my kids to a private school like I had to go to.  It was awful.  Not all are bad, but mine was terrible.

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Options
    Bikini barista stands shouldn't get as much shit as they do. I don't think we (local PD) should be investing as much time and man power into busting them for showing their tatas for a little extra cash as they do. How about the severe drug problem crippling the area? ***Bikini baristas are little mom and pop coffee stands that are staffed by scantily clad women (#SeattleProblems, lol)

Confession: If I hadn't have gotten pregnant with Serena when I did I would have been working at a Bikini Barista stand. DH and I are friends with a lot of the ladies that work there. They make a crap ton of tips and help out with a lot of charity events in town.

On that note, the Bikini Barista stands here are very strictly ran. I have heard of a lot of problems with the stands in Everett but that has never been an issue here.

• Options
    @washingtonqueen last time they made a major bust (4 stands), 3 of them are within 2 miles of my house, lol

• Options
    I don't understand why anyone would spend money on nursing specific pajamas. You're in your own house.. Take your shirt off or lift it up what do you need pajamas that clip down for?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"