July 2014 Moms

s/o winter jackets. I am determined to dress better this time

I didn't know what the heck I was doing last pregnancy and bought maternity clothes a couple of sizes up.  I thought I'd want really loose clothes.  Instead a looked like a real fool.  This time I want to get a bunch of short dresses/tunics that I can wear pp to wear with leggings and tights this winter. Along with jeans and some tees and sweaters, I think that'll do it for me.

Have any of you been obsessively looking at maternity clothes?
Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: s/o winter jackets. I am determined to dress better this time

• Yes, that's me. I have a secret board on Pinterest that is all maternity clothes. I want to look cuter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • I'm starting to look, but I'm at least going to wait until I actually need it in a couple months to buy anything.  Who knows what size I'll be, what the temps will be, and what the style options will be then.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been looking at maternity style for months and trying to figure out how to maximize my wardrobe that I already have. I would like to only have to buy some pants and leggings and just use the shirts and dressed that I already own. Im a big fan of belted cardigans so any time I find one I like I buy it in every color!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm was planning to shop a little this weekend. Last time I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until April, so all of my maternity clothes are short sleeved, light dresses, etc. I have a feeling I will be needing clothes sooner this time around and more substantial than last time.
  • I'm glad this was posted! This is my first pregnancy and I'm clueless about maternity sizes. Do you get the same size you wear now in the maternity section?
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Most of my maternity stuff is for fall/winter since DD was due in January, but I have a few summer things from when I was first starting to show.  This time I'll need more warm weather things though.  I always bought my regular size, just in maternity.  It worked until 36 weeks when I had DD.  Some pants probably would have gotten too small at the end if I made it that far and DD didn't have IUGR.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
  • ksuRN09 said:

I'm glad this was posted! This is my first pregnancy and I'm clueless about maternity sizes. Do you get the same size you wear now in the maternity section?

Yup, buy your pre-preg size. So if you usually wear a 6 pants, get size 6 maternity pants.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• quinncat said:
    I like the idea of long shirts with leggings. Much more comfy than jeans. I haven't though much about what I'm going to wear. I have been thinking about what lo will wear. My son is a winter baby, so a summer baby will be a lot different. I keep wondering how I'm going to swaddle a baby in the heat of summer. Here in WA, most houses do not have ac.
    Ditto on everything.  DS is a winter baby.  I live in Oregon and do not have A/C.  Blah!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • quinncat said:
    I like the idea of long shirts with leggings. Much more comfy than jeans. I haven't though much about what I'm going to wear. I have been thinking about what lo will wear. My son is a winter baby, so a summer baby will be a lot different. I keep wondering how I'm going to swaddle a baby in the heat of summer. Here in WA, most houses do not have ac.
    I guess keep 'em nearly naked, and swaddle with a light, breathable linen wrap? For summer baby wearing, I like a gauzy cotton wrap. Maybe you could purchase something similar (or get the fabric and make your own) for swaddling?
  • I'm always looking on Pinterest. I totally have the secret board also! Trying not to be a frump this time and keep some style.
    imageimageimage
  • I bought some tops from Old Navy online. They were running a sale so I don't even feel bad about it. Luckily I have summer maternity clothes too so I'm not tempted to buy a whole bunch more. I promised DH I wouldn't buy anything else.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I loved maternity dresses. And I splurged on a pair of designer maternity jeans when I was pregnant with my son that I can't wait to wear again! :) I want Kate Middleton's pregnancy style, but unfortunately I don't have a royal budget. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"