Secondary IF

checks during IVF cycle?

Dang it! I forgot to ask the nurse when I spoke to her today and I don't see the RE and nurse until Friday.

For those that have been through IVF cycles before, how often do you go in for blood work and sonos? Every day? Every other day? I know it depends on how one responds to the meds but I was just wondering on average because that can get really expensive if one has to go every day!

Don't hump it, Love it! 

Happily married since Feb 2010, Sweet DD born Oct 2010, 39 years old, blocked tube, low . 09 AMH and high 21 FSH

It's not him, it's me!

September 2013 failed IUI - left blocked tube

November 2013 IVF - premature ovulation converted to IUI 

December 2013 "We were <are> on a break!!!" ~ Friends homage

November 2013 protocol: Menopur, Gonal-f RFF Pen 900, Ganirelix 250mcg, baby Asprin, Gonal-f RFF Pen 300, Z Pak, Novarel, Progestrone in Sesame Oil

Re: checks during IVF cycle?

• Once it started getting closer, I went every other day for u/s. I was on a high dose of all those meds so they wanted to make sure I wouldn't over stimulate.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• I was on high dosages and starting day 4 I went every single day. All of those visits were part of my ivf package. Ultrasounds and blood work every morning.

• Loading the player...
  • After day 6/7ish of stims, I went everyday. I was on a moderate dose of Follistim (255 I think) and low dose HCG. I added Ganirelex my last 4 nights of stims.  I was on stims for 11 days.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I mostly went every other day. At the end, I went every day, but that was only for 2 days. Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • WOW! That's a lot of visits in 11 days. Thank you ladies for your input.

Don't hump it, Love it! 

Happily married since Feb 2010, Sweet DD born Oct 2010, 39 years old, blocked tube, low . 09 AMH and high 21 FSH

It's not him, it's me!

November 2013 protocol: Menopur, Gonal-f RFF Pen 900, Ganirelix 250mcg, baby Asprin, Gonal-f RFF Pen 300, Z Pak, Novarel, Progestrone in Sesame Oil

• We've only done 1 IVF (prepping for #2), but during stims it was every other day and towards the end, every day.  That's a really small window, though.  Like 10-14 day at the most, usually. 

Good luck!

B/G twins born 3.22.11
    TTC #3
    M/C 10.26.13 @ 6w2d

• What stinks is my RE is 45 mins from my work and home so It's always going to be a 2 hour minimum trip.

Don't hump it, Love it! 

It's not him, it's me!

• breeanne1974breeanne1974 member
    edited November 2013

So I went in today for my 3 day baseline blood work and I have to go in every day. Luckily my nurse offered to come in at 7 in the morning to help accommodate my work schedule. So when I work from home I will only be late about an hour and when I work in the office maybe 30 mins.

That actually lifted a huge burden off my shoulders.

Just waiting on the results of the BW.

I'm so happy to have you ladies to bounce things off of. Thank you!

Don't hump it, Love it! 

It's not him, it's me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"