Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Babies coming home.

For the past few days (especially since losing our babes) I have thrown myself into listening to music and writing poetry and letters. Is there any song you listen to, to remember, or to cry? Today is going to be a rough one, though. I am waiting for the funeral home to call to pick up Gabe and Sophie today. I didn't wake up hysterical like every morning, and I suppose it's because I know I will be out of control later. I question everything right now. I question purpose. They say everything happens for a reason. I simply feel this was too random to be purposeful. Or what lesson will I learn after this has happened? I couldn't learn love with a living child, I had to learn with TWO that have passed? I want to fast forward to when I'll wake up and not feel a hole growing in my heart. I hope that day can come. But for now, I am vanishing into the abyss. Grief is so volatile. One moment you can be almost normal, and almost hopeful. The next, trapped in a proverbial vice grip that is sure to take your air and leave you desolate and desperate. I question why God allowed this to happen at all. I question why life is so fragile yet I've stuck around through so many things, and the babies could not make it. The world got cheated out of these two precious souls, and now there is a broken spirit wandering about, looking for answers, hope, absolution.
On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Babies coming home.

• Options
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

I felt so many of those emotions when I lost Devon. I remember sitting in my parents' room the day I came home empty-handed from the hospital and thought, "Is this seriously my life? Am I seriously going to have to bury my baby? How the hell is this even FAIR? Even RIGHT?" I cried every day for more than 50 days straight [I quit counting after 50, but I cried at least twice a week for the first six months]. Some days, I felt normal - and then I felt bad for feeling normal because I had lost a baby, dang it, and my world had ended the moment I found out. How was it right to feel normal when I wouldn't get to raise my son?

Losing a child [or children] is so hard. The day to day is so hard. Just try to take it one day at a time, take it easy on yourself, and grieve any way you need to. For me, I wrote in a journal, sang "You Are My Sunshine" to him, slept with the teddy bear they sent me home from the hospital with, and cried. I cried so much that I wasn't sure I'd have any tears left for the rest of my life. My hope is that as time goes on, you will heal - but I know the pain will never go away, and that's OK. I wish I had better words of comfort or could just give you a big hug right now.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

Your thoughts and feelings are very natural. Its surreal to think this is our life. I got to the point where I didnt know what to ask, think, feel, etc. All I could do was exist and survive. I started a journal, writting letters to Elsie each day. I wrote about what I would tell her had she been born, where she would have been developmentally, etc. Do whatever it is you need to do to survive, especially through this early stage. Grief will continue to rear its ugly head in moments that seem to be calm. 

One of the songs I listened to on repeat was "Your Hands" by JJ Heller. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PP said, the day to day is brutal.  One second things seem like 'before', and then I remember- my baby died.  That day was pivotal, and now there will always be a before and after.  I completely understand how so many people in history have wanted to tear at their faces and clothes to try and stop the pain of grieving.  Some days I literally want to do that. 

I've been slowly reading Sunshine After the Storm which is a collection of personal essays from people who have lost children at all stages. 

I have had the following few songs on repeat for days:  Jetty Rae- Kerosene, Peter Gabriel-I Grieve, Fiona Apple-First Taste and The Child is Gone,   They are mainly to just cry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Options
    I have been listening to Evanescence-My Immortal and My Last Breath, Puddle of Mud-Blurry. You all have some good songs I didn't even think of them.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I think we have all been exactly at that point, even if we're not there right now; The hopeless, confusion, just empty. One song I like to listen to is Carrie Underwood "See you again". Even if it's not your type of music, it's beautiful and makes me happy and sad at the same time.
  • Options
    On the contrary, I love me some country. My musical interests are pretty diverse, actually. I think I'm going to set up a playlist of the songs listed in the thread. I think it will be a nice collaboration.

• Options
    ***SIGGY***

Oh yeah - the song bit. I'll add that I didn't really listen to songs that would make me cry when I lost Devon. The only one was "Baby Mine" by Alison Kraus [yes, the remake of the song in Dumbo]. The funeral home said a lot of parents had that song play during their babies' memorials/funerals, but I just couldn't do it. Every time I need a good cry, I put that song on.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you find some sort of peace once your babies are home. Sending hugs your way!

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Another couple of songs that I listen to a lot lately are Ten, by Yellowcard, and This Gift, from the Timothy Green soundtrack.  They are both more encouraging to my ears. <3
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Options
    ***SIGGY***

Oh yeah - the song bit. I'll add that I didn't really listen to songs that would make me cry when I lost Devon. The only one was "Baby Mine" by Alison Kraus [yes, the remake of the song in Dumbo]. The funeral home said a lot of parents had that song play during their babies' memorials/funerals, but I just couldn't do it. Every time I need a good cry, I put that song on.

@osuwifey09 this is our song too!!!

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    ((hugs)) this is a hard day. I found music really helped me let my emotions out. I wrote a blog post on the songs I identify with Patricia: https://lovingthekirstens.blogspot.com/2013/08/patricias-songs.html

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    @jbranden12 I absolutely loved the Glee vids. I forgot how much I liked them. Such powerful messages in those songs.

• Options
    *****siggy warning*****

I don't know if you're a Christian music listener or not, but I found Laura Story's Blessings to be so perfect to me. The chorus is "what if your blessings come from raindrops, what if your healing comes from tears." It makes me cry whenever I hear it, but it also reminds me that God is with me through everything. Even the terrible things. I listened exclusively to KLOVE after my loss and it seemed like a lot of the songs were comforting to me. I also struggled with the why and what purpose losing Elliott and Ryland served. Sending t&ps to you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I'm so sorry, I am going through the same emotions. I just made a playlist for when I just want to think about her and cry. Some if the songs are:
    Let her go by passenger
    Gone too soon by daughtry
    This woman's work
    I will carry you
    Fix you by coldplay
    Glory baby
    Slipped away by Avril lavein
  • Options
    ajsweeton said:

*****siggy warning*****

I don't know if you're a Christian music listener or not, but I found Laura Story's Blessings to be so perfect to me. The chorus is "what if your blessings come from raindrops, what if your healing comes from tears." It makes me cry whenever I hear it, but it also reminds me that God is with me through everything. Even the terrible things. I listened exclusively to KLOVE after my loss and it seemed like a lot of the songs were comforting to me. I also struggled with the why and what purpose losing Elliott and Ryland served. Sending t&ps to you.

I agree. This song really helped me as well as KLove. It seemed like every song had a meaning for me in that moment. The other song that really spoke to me was "The Hurt and The Healer by MercyMe:

Breathe
    Sometimes I feel it's all that I can do
    Pain so deep that I can hardly move
    Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
    Lord take hold and pull me through
    So here I am
    What's left of me
    Where glory meets my suffering.
    I'm alive
    Even though a part of me has died
    You take my heart and breathe it back to life
    I fall into Your arms open wide
    When the hurt and the healer collide
  • Options
    schulme2 said:
    *****siggy warning***** I don't know if you're a Christian music listener or not, but I found Laura Story's Blessings to be so perfect to me. The chorus is "what if your blessings come from raindrops, what if your healing comes from tears." It makes me cry whenever I hear it, but it also reminds me that God is with me through everything. Even the terrible things. I listened exclusively to KLOVE after my loss and it seemed like a lot of the songs were comforting to me. I also struggled with the why and what purpose losing Elliott and Ryland served. Sending t&ps to you.
    I agree. This song really helped me as well as KLove. It seemed like every song had a meaning for me in that moment. The other song that really spoke to me was "The Hurt and The Healer by MercyMe: Breathe Sometimes I feel it's all that I can do Pain so deep that I can hardly move Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You Lord take hold and pull me through So here I am What's left of me Where glory meets my suffering. I'm alive Even though a part of me has died You take my heart and breathe it back to life I fall into Your arms open wide When the hurt and the healer collide

Another Christian one that has helped us is Need You Now by Plumb. Clinging to my faith is really all that is getting me through some days.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"