April 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY- What do you ladies do for work?

BjordanemeryBjordanemery member
edited October 2013 in April 2014 Moms
I work in the office as a Human Resource Generalist for an Adult Family home business

Baby Jordan Due March 31st, 2014 

GTKY- What do you ladies do for work? 346 votes

Office Setting
24% 84 votes
Food Service
3% 11 votes
Work from home
6% 21 votes
Stay at home parent
13% 48 votes
Educator
17% 61 votes
Healthcare
18% 64 votes
Marketing
3% 12 votes
Other
13% 45 votes

Re: GTKY- What do you ladies do for work?

• Options
    I'm a teacher for the next 9 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I sit in an office all day.  I have to go for walks on my lunch to get the blood circulating out of my rear end!

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put office setting...but It's a mix between that and education. I work in the financial aid department for a community college. It's really not as bad as it sounds., :)
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The community college I went to had the best food. I still go there for a quick meal rather than hitting the Macdons down the road lol

Baby Jordan Due March 31st, 2014 

• Options
    Middle management at a cafe. My goal is to have a structured SAHM gig making/selling art by the time the baby is here, so we can avoid childcare costs and hopefully breast feed full time. I am, uh, not very close to my goal as I can't bring myself to make/paint anything these days. Artist block is the worst. :(
  • Options
    I'm a mortgage broker so most of my day is spent on the phone and responding to emails. It's 100% commission though so however long I take off for the LO, I won't get paid. Other than that, it's a pretty great job!
    image   image 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I work for a grocery store, I'm a checker.

image image

Me: 34 Dh: 41, Married: Oct 15th 2011

Me: Deteriorating Ovarian Reserve, Hostile Uterus

Dh: Slow but Healthy Swimmers

Round 1 Clomid 100mg 7/12/2013

BFP 8/2/2013 EDD 4/14/2014

Charlotte Born on 4/23/3014

http://beanagirl01.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (JIIT)

• Options

Former chef, now SAHM going to school for accounting.

Totally thread hopping.. But now I have even more sympathy for you not being "allowed" to cook a dish for thanksgiving! You can cook for me. :)
  • Options
    Chase an almost 3 year old around and my mom and I run an online children's boutique, so I have to squeeze in sewing/crafting time in there. Love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

~Amanda
    All are welcome in my posts

• Options
    I've been a stay at home mom since our daughter was born, but I'm an RN. I'll stay home with our kiddos until they're all in school (or something similar, we haven't exactly decided), then go back to nursing. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am a chemist at a power plant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    thomas930thomas930 member
    edited October 2013
    I've been a SAHM since I was 21 (now 25), before that I was a vet tech. Now I may as well be a SAHM and an unpaid vet tech for my entire family ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Family business- own a Carwash/ detail shop/ oil change center!

• Options
    Chef and baker, will be staying at home starting in my third trimester, and, perhaps sooner, if people at work keep annoying me.
  • Options
    manda10884manda10884 member
    edited October 2013
    KimC85 said:

Dental hygienist. LOVE my job.

I'm also a dental hygienist! Just graduated in May actually! However I am not working right now- wish I was I just can't get the motivation to go looking! My area is overly saturated since the school is here and I'm nervous to interview for something that I've actually never held a job for and also nervous to find something and then hit them with "I'm pregnant and going to need off for these appts and maternity leave!" I miss it though and really want to get back into it- just dont know what do to!

Edit for spelling! Stupid iPhone keyboard!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    5 days a week I work with kids (2 days Nanny, 3 days Daycare). I also own my own photography business... As a business owner it's not limited to days a week/hrs. You are kind of always "on the clock". I love my jobs!
  • Options
    KimC85 said:

@manda10884
    Where do you live? I think most areas are saturated with hygienists. I graduated a year and a half ago and I have friends that still don't have permanent jobs. Lots of temp work though.

I live in Amarillo,TX. Amarillo College hygiene program is here. Most of the girls that graduated the year before me are still looking for permanent and doing temp- I don't mind at all doing temp and would probably actually be better while being pregnant! I just can't seem to kick the no motivation thing- I don't know what's wrong with me!?
    Where are you at?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CNA. However I can't wait until we are financially able to have me stay home!
  • Options
    I'm a family nurse practitioner...love my job! :D
  • Options
    I'm a professional wedding photographer. It allows me lots of flexibility while still taking care of my inner entrepreneur.

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Options
    I needed to choose like 4 of those. Office setting, work from home, healthcare, other.

• Options
    @KimC85 I guess so- didn't realize that!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm I just spent 15 minutes changing my lilypie thing...Let me try again!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I work in an office setting - but for a utility company, so its not a regular office.. :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• Options
    Licensed vet tech for the past 7 years. I worked emergency until a year and a half ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SAHM- before that I was a French teacher. 

I worked in an office setting for a year as a receptionist. At the time I was bored out of my mind and spent half my day reading blogs but now I look back on that job fondly. I would love to have a job like that again, especially since the pay was very decent. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Before becoming a SAHM, I worked in device and vaccine research.

• Options
    I'm a graphic designer, working in a marketing agency. I also do freelance all the time from home after business hours.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    Office job- I'm the Controller for an international chemical company.  I used to travel a lot so it kept things interesting, now... not so much- numbers alllll day.
  • Options
    I'm a photographer and graphic designer so I'm in front of my computer or on location most of the time. I love what I do!
  • Options
    I run my own investments company, mostly real estate. I work from home, which is fabulous, and my husband is my company's CTO, so he works from home too. Childcare is going to be a smidgen easier with all our flexibility. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"