Trouble TTC
Options

IUI First cycle

Hi,
I'm sort of new here. I'm sort of frustrated already and I am wondering if this is all normal.  My husband and I had been trying to conceive for over a year so my ob/gyn sent us to a RE. I had been on clomid before without insemination, but they discovered low motility in my husband's sperm. The first RE was more concerned about me but my only issue is that I have long cycles that are sometimes irregular (sometimes 30 days, sometimes 46). We are supposed to do the first IUI this cycle, and I took the 50 mg of Clomid on days 3-7 after the first ultrasound, then had a second last Saturday, then they said no sorry the follicles are not big enough, come back on Wednesday, so I did and I was only at 17 and he wants it to be 19, so I have to go back tomorrow evening (which wasn't all together easy to get the evening appointment even though my doctor told me that's why they have them for people who work) to see if it's big enough. My question is what is the normal size before the trigger shot that others use? When I was on three months of clomid before with another doctor, I usually ovulated around day 17-19 which is now, and I'm a little afraid it's going to just go on it's own. I expressed my concerns with our doctor (well the doctor who was in this morning) and was told not to worry about it and he seemed to think it wasn't going to go and if it did they would just you know do the insemination right then, not seeming to get that my husband has to be there and like today was on his way to work. Plus they only do the insemination early in the morning. But I usually know when I ovulate as I can feel the pains which I'm getting a lot of now. I just don't know what is normal and the driving back and forth every day to the doctor when I work is overwhelming plus I'm hormonal already so it's worse.

Thanks!

Re: IUI First cycle

• Options
    Hello!  What you are experiencing is very normal and the usual routine for medicated IUI cycles.  You'll have to go in a couple of times (unless you're lucky) to check follie size - you ideally want them to be 18+mm before triggering.  And clomid often makes cycles longer and your follies may take a bit longer to grow.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    Thank you both! I was a little skeptical of the RE today. The practice I go to has a few doctors, and this one is new and he was not so great with even keeping the sheet covering me so I was a little worried.  Hopefully my RE is in tomorrow evening when I go. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ams2576 it can be frustrating but i have gone 4 times in 6 days just for them to continue to tell me 'we aren't there yet' just today i was at 17.7 which still isn't quite there, you want 18 to 24.  Be patient even though I know it's hard, RE's are the most knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff... As for your cycle, i know what this like, my average is 48 days.  FX for you to get your IUI done this week. :)
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"