Multiples

XP: hospitalization-versary....then&now

So, a year ago....almost to the minute....I walked into L&D (for the sixth time), and so began the point at which my pregnancy went to crap. It's been flashback city this week -- between the Halloween stuff to the Hurricane Sandy coverage (which I watched when there was nothing on TV for the few days I was on HBR). Whew. 

In any case, in an effort to focus on the AMAZING progress the girls have made, and not dwell on how horrifying that week (and the weeks to follow) was/were -- here's a little Then & Now....

Then: The evening of Halloween, first permitted shower after days in the hospital, just coming off of a 48 hour antibiotic cocktail & mag sulfate drip (aka the worst.thing.ever). Little did I know, I would go into labor a mere 24 hours later... 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: XP: hospitalization-versary....then&now

• This awesome and your girls are adorable!

I will be doing the same thing a couple of months from now - we have Christmas Eve babies.  I often find myself thinking about this time last year and I'm sure it's only going to get worse as their Birthday approaches.  More and more I am thinking about trying to find a way to get in touch with our NICU nurses, we only had 3 the entire time we were there and I would love to be able to tell them how much they helped us through those first few weeks.
  • That is a really cute side by side - I am so glad to see that everything turned out ok and your girls are doing great! Every day I wake up lately wondering what today holds, and hoping everything is fine! (no ptl signs, but as you know, that can all change in a moment!) 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am on hbr and have been for 2 weeks with hopefully 2-3 more to go...I am having momo girls. This gives me hope!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Oh my gosh, I love this.  Thank you for sharing such a special story!
    image    image    image    image

• So adorable!
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What a couple of cutie pies! I remember reading your story back then, and can relate to all the flashbacks (it was around a year ago that I started posting on here, so a bunch of the first babies that I remember being born are turning 1 now....so crazy!) It is so nice to see the three of you so happy and healthy on the other side of it all:)
  • LucyRicardo3LucyRicardo3 member
    edited October 2013
    I can relate!
    My girls just turned two, but what is bringing back all of that is I am now at the same point in this singleton pregnancy as I was with the twins when I was admitted to hbr for 10 weeks.

I have an appointment with my MFM tomorrow for a fFN test and cervical length check. He had this scheduled several weeks ago when I was feeling great and said it was just a benchmark screen, but this week I've had quite a few BH and possibly one or two of the real thing so I'm nervous, even though I've been on weekly 17p shots since 15 weeks..  ( and just reading your words "Mag" drip is sending shudders down my spine, lol)

So I also stopped procrastinating having the twins' 2 yr pics done and had my photog friend squeeze us in for a quick shoot today. I hope to figure out how to update my siggy soon.

I love the SBS pics!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"