Multiples

@tootsscott

In response to the bouncer drama you had:

Over the weekend I asked my "dear" husband to help me bring items to the car to bring to the Salvation Army. The pile included an old style small tv, and a computer tower. He was like "what?!?! That is all heavy stuff you want me to carry!!" (he sounded like a four year old having a break down!!) GUESS WHO carried it HERSELF to the car.   Finally he was like "what are you doing?!?!" and I said "Well you had a fit about it, so I am getting it done" 

**sigh**

btw I told him if he doesn't help when the twins arrive, I am booking a hotel for the night and leaving him home alone until he figures it out. 
********************************************************************************************
Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage

Re: @tootsscott

• So frustrating!! I've had the crockpot sitting on the counter since Sunday because it goes in a low corner cupboard and needs to be maneuvered and I can't do it. I've asked EVERY DAY for it to be put away!!

RAHHHH!!!!!!! >:(
  • Amylou333 - the "man cave" is supposed to be being converted to the nursery (and I am even letting him keep the xbox in there, in the hopes that he will hang out with the babes for late night needs!) but do ya think anything has been done in there? No. 

MH is just so clueless, if he was in as much pain and discomfort as I am, he would be checking himself into the hospital lol. 

If anyone finds out how to kick these dudes in the ass, let me know. 

********************************************************************************************

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • p.s. I think its funny we all have wedding photos with our dudes as our siggy pics! 

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Because apparently despite their assy behaviour, we still love them! Haha.

I would never let my H have an Xbox in the nursery- you are a good woman, @calicarly77!
  • Without the x-box in there, he might never step foot into the nursery - its a trick! (also, I really don't want it making its way to my bedroom or living room!!!)

Hah! Right?! Some sort of brainwashing perhaps? Well clearly these men had a reason to marry very motivated, proactive women. 

lol re changing pic to the dog!!

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • CaliCarly77CaliCarly77 member
    edited October 2013
    omg my husband just im'd me this (we are discussing what to do for Thanksgiving, since it will just be the two of us and I will not be able to be on my feet all day cooking!):

JC: Well, I want the stuffing made in the bird and packed tight
    JC: The happiest day of our marriage was they day you made that.
    JC: Our kids being born might come close, but...

OMG laughing SO HARD at this. Guess he liked that stuffing! 

ETA - for the record, he wants to try to make that himself - we will be eating at 10 p.m. I am sure!

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Had to chime in and probably piss all of you off (I'll still like you all!)  My hubby has been great.  There are little things he "forgets" to do, but they are the easy things I am truly able to do so it isn't an issue.  Yesterday I had the day off for dr. appts and decided in the afternoon to take all the screens off the windows upstairs and clean them (as well as the windows themselves) and he was sweet enough to put them back up for me as I thought I could do it but ended up struggling with a few.  If there is anything on a top shelf he'll jump up to get it for me, our 15 yr old son is the same way.  With him, I usually have to ask, but he's always offering to get me something if I'm sitting in my chair. 

As for Thanksgiving, my hubby makes the best turkey and dressing, but we're scheduled for a C-section the day before, so no Thanksgiving for us this year.  Instead, my hubby told me yesterday "The kid and I will eat turkey from the cafeteria on Thursday, but when you're home and up to it, we'll have our usual Thanksgiving celebration, I'll do everything!"  Most years we divide up the cooking duties. 

Did I mention my hubby is great?  :)  Sorry if you all hate me now.  (Honestly, like me he does have his faults, but through this pregnancy he's been amazingly helpful and attentive)

• :| 

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • CaliCarly77CaliCarly77 member
    edited October 2013

Tootscott- I just realized that you were the other bumpy with a cousin also having twins (your husband's cousin), and my cousin had twins a few days later. Now I am connecting the dots and realizing you are ALSO the bumpy who has a twin and whose husband has a twin. MH says he wishes he had "prior notice" to our twin genetics (my mom has twin siblings as did her mom, my cousin w/twins is my mom's niece). Anyway, holy moly twin genetics going on. 

Even still, I NEVER thought I would have twins. Especially after my cousin drew that straw. 

ETA - WAIT there's more - Are you also Canadian?? I just realized you have the "Thanksgiving" chalk board up. I am too (not my husband though). And AmyLou, are you British or just living in the UK? I wonder what the stats are on Brit/Canadian twin genetics lol 

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Amylou333 said:
    @calicarly77 Yep- I'm a native Brit! Although I don't have the same twin genetics you guys have (p.s. Holy crap, how did either of you NOT expect twins with those genes?! Haha) Mine are from taking Clomid aka "twin crack"
    That is too funny that none of us are from the US. 
    Ha ha "twin crack"! 

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage

• Amylou333 said:

@calicarly77 Yep- I'm a native Brit!
    Although I don't have the same twin genetics you guys have
    (p.s. Holy crap, how did either of you NOT expect twins with those genes?! Haha)
    Mine are from taking Clomid aka "twin crack"

That is too funny that none of us are from the US. 
    Ha ha "twin crack"! 

@calicarly77 and @amylou333 - I love that the three of us aren't Americans. Haha, ill wait to get flamed for that one! I noticed the other day when I typed 'favourite' with a 'u' and realised neither of you would correct me! :) I tell MH about both of you and show him your bump pictures each week because its fun to compare!!

Yep, it's my hubs cousin who had the twins and we're twins, and we're having twins!! We all asked for this!! Haha, especially you @amylou333 with your twin crack!!

My dad is from England and we have lots of family over there still- infact my cousin from Berkshire who is a midwife is coming to stay for two weeks after the twins are born!

• Ps- I think it's time the three of us became FB friends!!
  • Hopefully no flames!! Does explain why we get on so well! 

I am 16th generation Canadian on my mom's side so I don't have any family on my mom's side still in France, but my dad is only second generation (his dad moved to Canada from Scotland when he was 4), unfortunately we have no ties left to Scotland.  ALL of my family is back in Ottawa, only my sister and I live in Los Angeles.  

Our babies will be "Canaricans" ha ha.  My husband is not only american, but he's from New England, and I NEVER liked boys from N.E. (went to college in Boston). But I met him in L.A. and liked him before I found out. He's got French Canadian roots though, so he's ok ;)  

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Amylou333 said:
    @tootsscott

Bwhahahaha I'll remember that next time I complain! I only have myself (and my bum ovaries) to blame
    Oh please, complain away. You wanted babies, not back spasms, vomiting, limited mobility, leg cramps, etc.!!  

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage

• Do either of you have two breach babies? Since they both went breach, I feel like I'm squishing them. I only feel movement way way down in my pelvis (well with the occasional head push out by my belly buttom), where my maternity pants sort of dig in, AND where my body folds when I sit - so seriously, seems like i am squishing the kids!! :S

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • CaliCarly77 I know your question wasn't to me, but both of my boys are breech. (I'm 33w4d) I feel kicking low in my pelvis and now they have decided to play patty-cake or something, because I can feel them under my ribs.  When I sit in a chair I feel them moving under my ribs, and at times, like you, feel like I'm squishing them.  :)

• No problem! Any insight is helpful! I should rename this thread "people in the third trimester"

OK - it just feels so weird how low the kicking is. And almost like the kicks are protesting the fact that I am sitting. Not much else I can do, I have to work!

TootScott - I can not believe that you are 30 weeks!!! Its kind of blowing my mind. 

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Ps- I think it's time the three of us became FB friends!!
    YES!! How do I find you? I am not searchable. 

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • @calicarly77 My baby A is breech and is SUPER uncomfortable.. I can't bend either a lot of the time and my husband thinks I'm a big faker! I get fingers and toes swishing around in my crotch and is super uncomfortable!!

I'll send you and @amylou333 a pm with a link to my fb page!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"