Trouble TTC
Options

Intro and question

Hello, my name is Ashley. Im am 30 years old and my DH is 31. I have Hashimoto's.  We have been ttc  #1 for a year.  I called my gynecologist today and was told that my next appointment is at the end of January, which if we havent concieved yet will be 15 cycles.  I was told that annual visits must be scheduled at least 1 year and a day after the previous visit for insurance purposes.  Does this same rule apply to those who are ttc and havent after a year of trying?
DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

Re: Intro and question

• Options
    For insurance purposes, it really just depends on the reason for the visit. They could code the visit as a problem instead of as an annual. The problem being that you've hit the dreaded one year mark. Some practices are stricter than others. Having said that, a reproductive endocrinologist is really who you need to see. Have you checked your RE coverage? Will you need a referral?
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    If you are setting an appointment for an annual with pap then yes, they need to be a year and a day apart.  If you are going in to get say cd3 testing or a consult for trouble TTC if you've already hit the year mark they should be able to see you.  Sounds like they're just trying to save you from having to go in twice in three months...yet they just don't get when you've been TTC for a year you want in asap.  I personally would call again and ask for an appointment specifically to talk about trouble TTC and say "It's not for my annual pap so it doesn't need to be a year, I'm concerned because X" (Then give the reason like we've had no success after TTC a year or I have irregular cycles and we've been TTC for a year").  

Or better yet, as someone suggested - just jump straight to RE if you do not need an official referral from your OB.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto PPs, just make it clear that you're not scheduling an annual. If you're having any symptoms like irregular cycles, bleeding in between periods, really painful or heavy periods, etc, then you could just tell the scheduler when you call that you're concerned because (insert symptom) amd want to schedule an appt for evaluation of that problem, and not even mention the TTC trouble until you see your dr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
     I would start checking into RE's  .... check your insurance coverage etc...  You can do basic testing with your OBGYN but don't let him/her treat you. ( ie pass out Clomid)

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Welcome.  Glad you made an appt with an RE.  Good luck! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Welcome!  I'm impressed with your GETRIGHTTOIT-iveness, only waiting 5 days after the wedding to jump in to the TTC pool ;)

imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    @aliletz to be fair, we had been together for 3 years and lived together for a year prior to getting married.  We thought we were being proactive since we would like our children at least 3 years apart and didnt want our kids to miss out having playmates in their age group among our friends (we are the last to have kids).  Now that we have been trying for a year with no luck, im really glad we didnt wait, regardless of our original reasons were.

Anniversary

• Options
    I was sooo just teasing, I totally get you.  DH and I were together 3.5 years before we married too.  I'm just feeling silly today, didn't mean any offense at all!!
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    No offense taken!  Most people I know waited.  I have some friends that married early and waited 10 years before trying.  We just didnt feel like we needed to wait. :)  

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"