Multiples

New here! ways to prevent Premature labor?

Hello Ladies,

I am 12 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) with twins.  A little backround...back in 2010 I was also pregnant with twins.  At 22w5d after spending 3 days in the hospital for premature labor (and 3cm dilated).  I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy and girl to soon and they passed away shortly after birth.  Since then I have had a healthy full term beautiful baby boy, who is now 19 months!  Now here I am again pregnant with twins and scared to death!!!  I have the best doctors looking after me and are confident I can carry these babies close to full term!  It still terrifies me though! 

Any suggestions on things that can help to ward off premature labor?  Maybe something you have done or your doctor has told you to do?  I am getting a cerclage next week and they are contemplating giving me the weekly progesterone shots (I have heard mixed reviews on this with twins though).  I have read drink lots of water, high protein diet, resting, etc.  Anything else?  I need success stories here!!  It's going to be a long 6 months, especially if I end up on bed rest with a toddler! I will do whatever it takes to keep these babies safe though!

Thank you!

Excited for our newest additions in April/May 2014!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

My sweet boy!!  So in love with him.. Owen 03/27/2012 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our twins born and died on August 2, 2010 (at 22w5d) due to Premature birth.  They were only in our arms for a little while, but they will be in our hearts forever.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: New here! ways to prevent Premature labor?

• I really believe that nutrition is key!! I intake at least 125g of protein everyday and if more that's awesome!! Try to use a protein shake, I know I use Herbalife which helps with 24g per shake! And other protein snacks I eat are fage yogert, turkey, cheese, etc.
    I also really listen to my body. If I'm out and about walking and I feel like I need to rest, I stop and rest. If I feel tired I'll take a nap. I also have a toddler (20 month old) and thank goodness for Disney junior because that gives mommy lots of resting time when I need it. I'm 23w5d and feeling really good! Good luck with your pregnancy!!!
    Expecting Twin Baby Girls! EDD: February 20, 2014

Visit my blog at www.bonny0374.wordpress.com
  • The cerclage will certainly help!  Otherwise, there is no proven way to prevent PTL, especially in multiples pregnancy.  Bedrest and progesterone suppositories have seemed to help me as my cervix has remained stable for 3 weeks.  Check out the high risk board - they are very helpful!

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was given and just started reading "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy, 3rd Edition,"  and it is all about your question!

https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Quads/dp/0061803073

image    image    image    image

• I was given and just started reading "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy, 3rd Edition,"  and it is all about your question!

https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Quads/dp/0061803073

I just started reading this book as well and I highly recommend it. It's all about how and what to eat, how much to gain, how to take care of yourself, and prevent those babies from coming too early...but chance are they will come a little before 40 weeks no matter what. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"