Stay at Home Moms
Options

Halloween Candy

I went out and bought Halloween candy this morning. I always pre-sort the candy...I take out some of my favorites and always pre-fill the first bowl with the stuff I like the least.

Anyway, as I was doing this, I realized how much of the candy contains nuts, peanut butter, or is made in a factory that may contain traces of nuts/peanut oil. I am lucky that my kids don't have food allergies, but it made me feel bad for kids that do.

Anyone else have that realization too...?

Re: Halloween Candy

• Options
    Yep.  DD1 is in a nut free classroom this year.  We love some PB in our house so it's been hard.  All snacks except granola bars are peanut free in our house (to grab and go), so DD just can't take those to school.
  • Options
    Total bummer for kids with allergies, hey? When my DH and his sister were kids, they both had an allergy... I forget what, but an ingredient really common in most candies. They used to go TOTing and then give everything to their parents in exchange for less chores and stuff. 

I know there's an group in our town that organizes a nut-free TOTing zone on Halloween... it's like a few blocks of houses, all of whom have committed to only giving out nut-free (and a few other things... I forget) candy alternatives. They've been doing it for several years now... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We buy the nestle candy which is nut free. But I never though of all the other allergies. 
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD#1 has a friend who is allergic to corn syrup.  Try avoiding that on Halloween!  She still goes trick or treating but doesn't eat most of what she gets.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"