1st Trimester
Options

Weird symptom I can't find any info on

I'm at 6 weeks. Every other day or so, I get the sensation that my period has started. Generally, I run to the bathroom in a panic and .... nothing. I haven't had even a bit of spotting -- not even after my pelvic exam. 

Is this common? Is it all in my head? 

I'm not really worried about it. Just curious if there's a physical reason for the sensation or if it's my brain playing tricks on me. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weird symptom I can't find any info on

• Options
    But ... is it physical or is it just me being subconsciously worried? That's my question. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I felt like that for awhile, I always figured it was just my being very paranoid. I was constantly in the bathroom making sure i wasnt bleeding. I'm reasonably sure it was because I was just waiting for my period to start, which was dumb because of course it wasn't supposed to start. It was just something that I had been looking for because it had been that way for 14 years. It took awhile for my mind set to change into.. "I'm pregnant, stop waiting for my period to start!"
    I haven't heard of a physical reason for it.. I would say odds are, it's psychological.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe you are feeling cervical mucus?
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    I thought it might be CM at first too, but I haven't had much of that. This actually feels like a really heavy flow. But there's nothing there. It freaks me out, even though it's happened enough times now that I know not to panic over it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Normal. I do it all the time. 

CafeMom Tickers

imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I feel like that off and on sometime Totally normal
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options
    This happens to me too... The panic and all. Earlier this week it was coupled with abdominal pain, and I thought I might miscarry again.
    Lie down and put your legs up for a while and drink some water :]
  • Options
    Felt the same way just today.  No spotting whatsoever, even after my exam this past Wednesday.  It's normal, I think it's just increased fluids.  
    image image

• Options
    I agree with cas889, increased fluids will cause that sensation. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lol I am always checking. Wipe and check. I think it's me being super paranoid, but who knows. I guess it brings me since relief just to know and see.
  • Options
    I'm like that too! It's probably partially having a little bit of extra discharge that you're not used to combined with the fear of your period starting. I constantly feel like I'm about to start - cramps, "wet" feeling, etc. Don't worry!!!
  • Options
    It's probably a mixture of both. I do the same thing.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am constantly checking. I think this is because it's my first pregnancy and I am terrified that I am going to have a miscarriage, I have been ttc for a year and a half and I have seen to many girls go through that plus I have PCOS and I know from the damn internet that a lot of woman with PCOS miscarry. So I am just a paranoid freak :)
  • Options

Normal.

You'll be watching for blood for the next 34ish weeks.

This.
  • Options
    34 ish nope you will start staring at the toilet paper praying not to see anything then at 37 weeks or so you stare at it praying to see something
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"