Secondary IF

Introduction

Hi! I've been lurking for some time and I ask questions here and there and post responses but I've never formally introduced myself.

I'm Bree Anne, 39, married 4 years this coming Feb with a beautiful 3 year old girl. My hubs is 38 with superman sperm (that's what the RE said after the SA). So it's me, not him. :( I feel so responsible. We have been trying for 18 months to conceive our 2nd child and it has been very challenging. Like many of you, I never thought I would be going down the IVF route especially after my first DD was conceived so easily. She's our honeymoon baby and I'm so immensely grateful for her everyday. So many don't even get one baby. I want her to have a sibling so bad. We are extremely fortunate that my husband's insurance will cover a couple rounds of IVF and so here we go.

Anyway, I've tried Clomid 4 times and tried Bravelle and had a failed IUI. My HSG test was so painful and traumatic however, they found I have a blocked left tube which happens to be on the side that I have my best producing ovary - Oy Vey the odds. In addition, my AMH is <.16 and my TSH is .909 (I don't know what that even means but I guess it's in range?). Lastly, I'm quite heavy and although my RE doesn't think this is an excessive contributing factor, it does limit me to who would take me for IVF. Most here have BMI limits for safety reasons as they do their IVFs in their clinics. My last RE found another RE who has his clinic in a hospital and so we have just started seeing a new RE. The hoops for insurances and doctors alone make me riddled with anxiety.

We saw him on day 12 of my cycle earlier this month and since I had no follies (I seem to only ovulate when I'm medicated) he immediately did BW and a sono/hyst and started me on Provera to ensure my period comes timely and we don't have to wait for it. With my age and AMH we really don't have any time to waste (but who does?). He agreed to be as aggressive as possible. He's ordered my meds and all the injectables and we are waiting on the insurance to complete the pre-authorizations.  He told me once my period starts to call him and if it starts by Nov 1st they can put me in the next batch (which I don't understand batch - I've got a call into the nurse for more clarification).

So here I am, confused as ever, and waiting on my period. I've read a lot how many women feel so alone, even having a husband as support. I truly feel like I'm in a stadium full of people and I'm completely naked and crying my eyes out sprawled out on the floor and no one has any idea nor do they even notice. I'm tired of hearing "let go and let God" and "if it's meant to be, it will happen" or "at least you have one". This is really hard and keeping hope is difficult.

Thanks for listening.

Don't hump it, Love it! 

Happily married since Feb 2010, Sweet DD born Oct 2010, 39 years old, blocked tube, low . 09 AMH and high 21 FSH

It's not him, it's me!

September 2013 failed IUI - left blocked tube

November 2013 IVF - premature ovulation converted to IUI 

December 2013 "We were <are> on a break!!!" ~ Friends homage

November 2013 protocol: Menopur, Gonal-f RFF Pen 900, Ganirelix 250mcg, baby Asprin, Gonal-f RFF Pen 300, Z Pak, Novarel, Progestrone in Sesame Oil

Re: Introduction

• So here I am, confused as ever, and waiting on my period. I've read a lot how many women feel so alone, even having a husband as support. I truly feel like I'm in a stadium full of people and I'm completely naked and crying my eyes out sprawled out on the floor and no one has any idea nor do they even notice. I'm tired of hearing "let go and let God" and "if it's meant to be, it will happen" or "at least you have one". This is really hard and keeping hope is difficult.
    Welcome! I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I feel like this a lot and get tired of all of the people that say these things.

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Welcome and good luck! How lucky that you have IVF coverage!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kndeckar said:
    Welcome and good luck! How lucky that you have IVF coverage!

Welcome and Good Luck! And yes very lucky that you have coverage.  I hope your stay is short. But this is a great bunch of lovely ladies for support. 

• Welcome

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome!  I'm so sorry you've found yourself here but this group of ladies is pretty freakin awesome, so I'm glad you came out lurking to join us!
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Thank you ladies! My heart breaks for those whose insurance is not as supportive. I hope everyone's visit here is short-lived!

Mrs Castillo - Nurse just called me back. You were right! The batch is like a holding period to get all other IVFers on the same cycle. If I don't make this cycle then they will put me on BC to hold me off for 3 weeks. And I'm not going to take Lupron because of my low AMH.

Never thought I would pray for a period. 

O:-)

Don't hump it, Love it! 

Happily married since Feb 2010, Sweet DD born Oct 2010, 39 years old, blocked tube, low . 09 AMH and high 21 FSH

It's not him, it's me!

September 2013 failed IUI - left blocked tube

November 2013 IVF - premature ovulation converted to IUI 

December 2013 "We were <are> on a break!!!" ~ Friends homage

November 2013 protocol: Menopur, Gonal-f RFF Pen 900, Ganirelix 250mcg, baby Asprin, Gonal-f RFF Pen 300, Z Pak, Novarel, Progestrone in Sesame Oil

• Welcome and good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Welcome! Sorry you're here, but it sounds like you've got an awesome plan!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"