December 2010 Moms

Alaina Beth's birth story

Contractions were really strong October 8. Around 2 or 3 I was at 4 cm. My water broke around 8. When I got my epi I was at 6 cm and it felt great. They gave me a button to press if I needed it. By 8 cm I kept pressing and nothing happened. By the time I told the nurse, we figured out the button had a short and I was at 9. I was in excruciating pain so she kept pressing the button manually and turned me on my left side (resulting in my left side being numb wayyyy longer than my right leg. Talk about weird). 15 minutes later, OB came in to check on me and I told him I had to push. He turned me back on my back and said "oh. I guess it's time to have a baby". Ten minutes of pushing and she was out.

Now for the T&Ps. She was born with the cord wrapped around her neck resulting in low oxygen and fluid in her lungs. They immediately put her on me for skin to skin and I knew something was wrong because she was blue. I only had her a few minutes before they took her to start working on her. They told us she needed to go to the nursery for observation, so they let ds in for a minute to see her (he wrapped his arms around her and said "hey baby sister!).

Long story short, she's still in the nursery. X-Ray showed fluid in her lungs. She nursed for 45 minutes at our first feeding. By the second feeding, she was on IV fluid and they wouldn't let us hold her. I can go see her every 3 hours and now I can hold her. She's out of the worse part but still not in the clear. We are waiting for the pedi to come in for rounds and discuss further in detail what to expect.

Sorry this turned out so long. I'm mobile and can't sleep so it may be rambling. Here's a squishy for your time.
7 lb 1 oz 20" long at 12:56 pm

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

Re: Alaina Beth's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"