I had an appt with my OB today, and our original plan was for me to go
to 41 weeks before a scheduled C-section (I am trying for a VBAC). If I
didn't go into labor before then, he would check me at 41 weeks and if I
was ready to be induced, he is willing to induce. However, his wife is
due with their first baby a few days after me, so he will not be on the
schedule the week I'm 41 weeks.
He scheduled my repeat C-section
for 40 weeks 5 days, because the doctor on that day IS VBAC-induction
friendly, where the next 2 days (leading up to 41 weeks) the doctors
would not be likely to induce me.
I'm really hoping I go into
labor before that on my own, BUT my OB offered to strip my membranes
(look away @ HFrizzle, I think you're the one who hates this talk), at
my 38 weeks 5 day appt, and then again at my appt at 40 weeks 1 day.
Would you let them try to strip them that early? I don't want to jump
the gun if baby isn't ready to come out (and I don't even think it would
work if baby wasn't ready), but I also don't want to wait too long and
miss any chances at "natural" induction that I have, because I also know
that a vaginal birth is a better option for baby than a C/S.