November 2011 Moms

Moms of Girls--Help with hair

DD's hair is out of control.  How do you do your daughter's hair?  What are some tips for getting her to cooperate while doing her hair? 

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15

Re: Moms of Girls--Help with hair

• I usually have her hair in a ponytail with her bangs clipped back, otherwise is down with the bangs clipped back.  I still use a changing table to change her (it's the only place she can't run away from) and she'll sit still if I give her some lotion bottles to play with.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I normally do either pig tails, or pull it up in one ponytail on the top of her head (pebbles style). She doesn't usually like it much, but I will let her play with the comb or watch a movie while I'm doing it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, ladies!  I put her hair in pigtails this morning and amazingly she didn't fight it.

• OMG, how do you get them to keep in pony tails or hair clips??!!!  DD is fine having them put in her hair, but within 10 minutes, they are out.  Ugh.  So I've given up and let DD run around with wild hair.  :)  But I would love for her to wear pony tails or clips....at least sometimes!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• OMG, how do you get them to keep in pony tails or hair clips??!!!  DD is fine having them put in her hair, but within 10 minutes, they are out.  Ugh.  So I've given up and let DD run around with wild hair.  :)  But I would love for her to wear pony tails or clips....at least sometimes!!!
    I used these : https://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_Accessories/Ouchless_Mini_Latex_Elastics_-_Clear?colId=9ee58b87-f51e-41d2-b7eb-b9c3fdd4a355&c_id=

Her hair held all day.

• Yeah, I've tried those (or a style like those) and she can even get them out.  :(  Maybe I just need to add an extra loop but it's so hard to do with such fine hair and I'm worried about getting it out myself if it's that tight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually do her hair half up or in pigtails. It definitely works best when wet, so I usually just have a cup of water with a comb to dip and get it wet. The only way she'll let me do it is if she's watching something on tv or on the ipad. Not ideal, but it is what it is. I have put hairspray on a couple of times to keep the flyaways at bay, but it's not an everyday thing at all. I also use the mini elastics. She pulls her hair out often, but it's easy to put back because it's been in the ponytail for a while. I wrap as tight as I can. Just try to distract her and keep telling her to leave her hair alone and that mommy likes it like that, she looks pretty, etc.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My DD's hair is out of control as well, but she won't let me do anything to her hair.  If I try to put a barrette in or a ponytail, she pulls it out.  Argh, I feel your frustration.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I usually do her hair half up or in pigtails. It definitely works best when wet, so I usually just have a cup of water with a comb to dip and get it wet. The only way she'll let me do it is if she's watching something on tv or on the ipad. Not ideal, but it is what it is. I have put hairspray on a couple of times to keep the flyaways at bay, but it's not an everyday thing at all. I also use the mini elastics. She pulls her hair out often, but it's easy to put back because it's been in the ponytail for a while. I wrap as tight as I can. Just try to distract her and keep telling her to leave her hair alone and that mommy likes it like that, she looks pretty, etc.
    Yep same here. Another great time to do it is when she's in her highchair eating breakfast or lunch. Anything where she's distracted enough not to notice.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I wish I could put my DDs hair in a ponytail. She has a short curly fro by nap time. The best I can do in toss a hat on her or hope she keeps her headband on so people know shes a girl and that I tried to brush her hair. If you look close you can see what looks like shadow. Thats fro. image
  • DD has the craziest hair as well but it's finally long enough to put half up or half up in pigtails. I just give her something to distract her and do it as fast as possible, which means it's usually a bit lopsided or messy. She is not good about letting me do it but she does like it once it's done, thankfully, so she doesn't try to pull it out.
  • Jasnem your little girl is so adorable; I love her pigtails in your siggy. 

I used these : https://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_Accessories/Ouchless_Mini_Latex_Elastics_-_Clear?colId=9ee58b87-f51e-41d2-b7eb-b9c3fdd4a355&c_id=

Her hair held all day.
    I ran out of the tiny very stretchy clear hair elastics recently and eventually bought the ones that LittleMommaBlueHen linked to. They are much much more difficult to use and not at all as gentle on her hair as the smaller (braces-bands-type) were. Does anyone know where to get the really small stretchy ones anymore? It's like they've disappeared!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I ran out of the tiny very stretchy clear hair elastics recently and eventually bought the ones that LittleMommaBlueHen linked to. They are much much more difficult to use and not at all as gentle on her hair as the smaller (braces-bands-type) were. Does anyone know where to get the really small stretchy ones anymore? It's like they've disappeared!

I have found those at Wal-Mart, Target and the beauty supply store (Sally's here). Look in both the girl's section of the store as well as the regular hair accessory section.
  • Dollar general has some that work really well for my two big girls' hair.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"