Baby Showers
Options

Bat signal

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12128531/ladies-on-their-2nd-go-around#latest I think my favorite response is this one: But, for everyone who says that the baby shower is to welcome the mom to motherhood and thus the mom should not have more than one shower, I checked and can't find anywhere that that is what the purposed is...From Wikipedia: In some countries, a baby shower is a way to celebrate the pending or recent birth of a child by presenting gifts to the parents at a party. There are dozens of other sites, that note that baby showers are to celebrate the impending birth of a baby and gifts are given to help ease the financial burden for the parents. If you research the history of baby showers, they used to be held about a month after the baby was born, but in post WWII America, they began to take the shape of what we recognize today as a baby shower. To celebrate the occasion of bringing a child into the world. Baby shower gifts, were to help the parents better prepare for the baby's arrival and the months that followed.
Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bat signal

• Options
    I totally agree.
  • Options
    @empireceo I love that no one on our BMB is even out of 1st tri, and this is already the second one of these ridiculous STM+ baby shower posts. Sigh.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JmeJme said:
    @empireceo I love that no one on our BMB is even out of 1st tri, and this is already the second one of these ridiculous STM+ baby shower posts. Sigh.

I know. We're still having losses left and right and then it's a thread about "iThis baby needs presents!"
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Empireceo said:
    JmeJme said:

I know. We're still having losses left and right and then it's a thread about "iThis baby needs presents!"

Seriously?! I didn't even think of anything shower-related until my supervisor mentioned throwing one for me, and that was around 20 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"