Dads & Dads-to-be

I HATE THIS OCTOBER!!!

You may remember my "vacation" that I had to start the month out, followed by the complications of my wife's gall bladder surgery... well this week, my body decided to join in the fray.  My appendix went to shit.  Thursday morning, woke up with some mild discomfort in the lower right abdomen, but dismissed it, went to work and it got worse as the day went on.  Decided to get checked out at a local ER.  3 hours just to get a wristband and checked in... said, screw it, I was starting to feel a little better anyways.  Woke up the next morning in a little more pain than where I left off Thursday, and it just ramped up as the day went on to where at the end of my 8 hours in was a serious amount of pain.  Went to an immediate care center tied into a different hospital, they took me right away (THANK GOD).  Got my CT done, and sure enough at about 5:30, found out, I had acute appendicitis and it had to be removed.  As I was trying to register and get my room, apparently my information got lost in the shuffle, so as I'm sitting there waiting to get my room, I feel the fever kick in.... which typically isn't the best of signs.  Finally got my surgery in at roughly 8... had a fever up to 103.  Found out my appendix had a slight leak, but nothing bad.  I just got home yesterday at about 5 PM... just in time to see my Colts win (the one highlight of the weekend).  Now I'm on work restriction for at least 2 weeks due to the physical nature of my job.  This October has sucked so much ass it isn't even funny.

Re: I HATE THIS OCTOBER!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"