Pre-School and Daycare
Options

aziebella & others struggling w/ encopresis/poop potty training/constipation

groovygrlgroovygrl member
edited October 2013 in Pre-School and Daycare
I just discovered this book this week re poop training/constipation issues....  downloaded it & read it super quickly--- I know you (aziebella) don't seem to have constipation issues w/ your LO but I thought I'd share anyway....I knew a lot of the physiology already just from researching it over time and we've tried many of the things in the book in our struggle to PT our son but  I still found it really easy to read & understand & it seems like it would be a good way to approach the whole issue and I wish I had read it much earlier in the process (like 6 months ago...)...I am definitely going to incorporate a few more things and one area that kind of hit home for me was not stopping the miralax when things improve b/c they can go quickly backward and also some of the emotional stuff behind why kids withhold poop or are afraid to use the toilet & choose to ask for a diaper/pullup instead, etc...

this is the paperback but I got it on my kindle app
https://www.amazon.com/The-Ins-Outs-Poop-Constipation/dp/0985496916/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382226234&sr=8-1&keywords=ins+and+outs+of+poop

Re: aziebella & others struggling w/ encopresis/poop potty training/constipation

• Options
    It's No Accident is another good read. After struggling with chronic constipation, impaction, and loss of bladder control once the impaction issue was resolved, Dr. Hodges had a lot of good info. It felt so good hearing others had been in my shoes.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks! I hope your LO is donig better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's doing better, but it's a day by day struggle. Whereas she used to hold poop, now she is trying to hold pee. Unfortunately, pee isn't as easy to hold so there are lots more accidents.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"