July 2013 Moms

The Princess Bride

sparkymcgeeesparkymcgeee member
edited October 2013 in July 2013 Moms
Have you seen it? If not WHY!? How old are you if you haven't. This doesn't compute for several of us. Obviously.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

The Princess Bride 108 votes

Yes. Of course! It's in my top five.
75% 81 votes
No. It's crap and you all are nerds.
13% 15 votes
Special Snowflake. I just wanted to pick something because I love polls
11% 12 votes

Re: The Princess Bride

• Loading the player...
  • It's a cult classic in my family! It gets quoted often!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more

I was waiting for it. Then no one posted it. So I did. Thank you for being awesome.

Meimsx no more
  • I've never seen it. No real reason I guess. I'm 27.

• Ijust really love clicky polls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Love! And I love the book too, maybe more than the movie. I'm 28. 

And I never learned how to post a GIF, so I'm just loving all of yours instead :)
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • the officiant at my brothers wedding...which I missed thanks to having baby ;)...started the ceremony quoting the guy from this movie :)
  • I was just watching the sex and the city episode with that guy. Carrie brings him as a date for her vogue editor.
  • This was my FFFC. Never seen it. I'm 34. What year was the release?

Bonus: 

• This was my FFFC. Never seen it. I'm 34. What year was the release?
    September 1987
  • When I taught geometry, we would show the scene with the wine/poison as part of our logic unit. It provides excellent examples of conditional/converse/inverse/contra positive statements as well as the laws of detachment and syllogism.

Naturally, I have just shown the clip to Lillian and taught her the lesson.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • It was shown to us in 6th grade...for some movie day...the teacher muted the fight seen at the end with Inigo and the Count because he says son of a bitch...and I think they muted when Wesley says breasts...else 120 12yr olds were giggling.
  • I saw this movie for the first time a few years ago. Dh was always quoting it and I never understood him. I watched some with a patient at work and loved it.

My all time favorite movie is Newsies.
  • This is such a childhood favorite of mine. We went to India when I was little (my grandparents live there) and I made my grandma watch it with me like every day. She can probably still recite lines from it too ;) I'm 31!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

This was the priest that officiated our wedding. I'm not kidding. I couldn't stop giggling during our counseling sessions. DH had never seen TPB so he had no idea what my deal was. My mom bought us 'mawwage' t-shirts.

• The book is amazing. I love it possibly more than the movie as well. Mimi, we must have a movie night sometime.

Meimsx no more
  • Looks like its not my type of movie. Sorry. :(

Bonus: 

• I've never seen it. I'm 30

• I've never seen this movie!!! I'm 30
  • SS, of course I've seen it, but it's not in my top 5.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• One of my favorite movies of all time! It gets quoted a ton in this house! We are constantly saying that things are "only mostly dead"...
  • One of my favorite movies of all time! It gets quoted a ton in this house! We are constantly saying that things are "only mostly dead"...

I love the mostly dead.

Meimsx no more
  • I love fisting!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Wuv.... twu wuv... wuv is what bwings us togetha twoday. <3 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My favorite movie!! I can't choose a gif to quote because I'd end up quoting the whole movie because I love all of it. Lol.
    BFP #1 7/15/2012
    Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
    BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
    (born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm 29 and have never watched this movie :(
  • 26 and never seen it.

BFP #1 5/16/2012 Heard/Saw Heartbeat 6/27/2012 No heartbeat at 11 weeks D&C 7/6/2012
    BFP #2 10/28/2012 EDD July 12, 2013
    BFP #3 6/24/2015 EDD March 8, 2016

Oliver born July 6, 2013

• I honestly didn't see it until college and it's not in my top five, but it's a great movie. Every time I watch Homeland I can't believe Saul is Inigo Montoya. Love Actually is my favorite movie. :):)
  • Yeah you lost me at giants and monsters. I have also never seen or read a Harry Potter anything.

Bonus: 

• Yeah you lost me at giants and monsters. I have also never seen or read a Harry Potter anything.

Ditto. Well...I did take my younger brother to a Harry Potter movie like 8 years ago, guess that counts.
  • edited October 2013
    It's not in my top 5 and I don't think it's crap.  It's okay.  Some parts are funny, but if it's on tv, I don't really sit and watch the whole thing.  I may leave it on as I do chores.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"