TTC after 35
Options

When to take the RE plunge???

Need some advice on when to see a RE...

I'm 37 (well I'll be 37 next week) and TTC #2. DS was born after 16 months of trying and a failed unmediated IUI four years ago. I also had a HSG then that showed no blockage. In June 2012 we started TTC again. I got pregnant in January and experienced a missed MC at 12 weeks in April. I also had a chemical pregnancy in June. We've been trying again since July with no success. My cycles are regular and I get receive positive opt results every month.

So ladies should I practice patience or be proactive and make an appointment with an RE??? I greatly appreciate your thoughts!

Re: When to take the RE plunge???

• Options
    Ticker warning.

I believe everyone will agree being proactive is the best chance for success. Although I experienced a natural pregnancy I completely believe seeing an RE and following his protocol made all the difference for me. I wish I hadn't waited so long, I may have avoided so many losses. I say go!! Best of luck to you and I'm sorry for your losses.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    I personally didn't waste any time and went straight to the RE. I'm too years older then you and felt like I didn't have time to waste.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    go now...especially with your history and recent losses
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I'm on it! Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"