Two Under 2

TTC for 2U2

Hey all, we are currently TTC for baby #2. Our son is 5 months right now. My question is, how long did it take you to conceive your second? I know every person and pregnancy is different, but I am just curious to hear everyone else success stories and any advice you are willing to share! :)
TIA

Re: TTC for 2U2

• Just once!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • One cycle. We got our BFP when DD was 5.5-months-old despite exclusively breastfeeding. Our DS came 3 weeks early, so they are only 13 months apart.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Loading the player...
  • First month after my period returned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• About 2 months for #2.

DD1 took about 5 months, DD2 about 2 months. I often joked with DH that we'd better be careful or we'd end up pregnant with #3 before we even decided to TTC.

*points to ticker* Surprise!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This board is a biased place to ask this question because obviously we all got pregnant very quickly. If you wanted a more accurate poll you should go to the tri boards or parenting and ask how long it took people to conceive their second child. To answer your question, it took one night of deciding that pull and pray was a viable birth control option. Ha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Never got a post-partum period after weaning from breastfeeding.  So one cycle, I guess?  

It took 18 months and medical intervention for #1, and 10 months for #3 (we were trying for 2u2 again, and obviously it didn't happen!).  #2 was just our big surprise!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lurk here, #1 and #2 are 2y9mo apart, we decided to TTC when 1 was a year but it didn't matter I didn't have a PP cycle until she was 16mo then 2 presumably anovulatory cycles then had 2 miscarriages.  #2 and #3 will be 23.5mo apart, we weren't preventing and had a PP cycle when she was 14mo and got pregnant that month which surprised me since I had no fertility signs that month.

So, while most people on this board will tell you they got pregnant with #2 quickly, there is a selection bias.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Just found out we're pregnant with our second.  Still BF and it took once.  We were out of condoms and in the heat of the moment decided we were ok with the small chance we could get pregnant, seeing as I didn't even think I was in my fertile window (periods were erratic while BF).  I agree though, we're a biased sample.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It only took us once. We found out when Teddy was 8 and 1/2 months old and it was only after the first cycle I got pregnant again. It just depends on the person.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"