Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Board games for 3-year-old

What are some of your 3-year-old's favorite board games? 

Re: Board games for 3-year-old

• Options
    Candy Land, even my 2yr old can play it with a little help. We also love the Richard Scary board game - Busytown, I think it's called. We've also recently introduced Memory, and Chutes and Ladders is just waiting for a rainy day to try it :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Candyland, Memory.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Candy land, Jenga, and Hi Ho Cherry-O

• Options
    Most of the ones PP mentioned, but DD also loves this Tea Party Game she received for her birthday. She gets bored with Chutes and Ladders b/c it takes too long to win. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Zingo, Hi Ho Cheerio, Sneaky Snacky Squirrel (love this one), Ants in the Pants, Don't Break the Ice, Cootie, Candyland, The Little Engine that Could, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.  We have 2 bingo ones too - weather bingo and space bingo.  My kids love games.

• Options
    The Ladybug Game, Hi-Ho Cherry O, Candy Land, Cranium Cariboo.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    We have a lot of what was previously mentioned. DS also loves the Curious George Discovery Beach game. He also likes card games like go fish & old maid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My 4 yo recent fave board game is Super Why ABC's. It educational-recognizing letters, rhyming and spelling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS (almost 5) loves Memory. He will play that one by himself.
    He doesn't sit well for board games, or he will clear the pieces off the board each turn and try to start over from the beginning. That being said, we own most of the games mentioned above. Wishful thinking on my part. ;) 
    I noticed Operation has come out with a version that is a little younger than the classic one.

• Options
    I forgot about Bingo! DD got a Minnie mouse bow bingo game for her birthday that she loves!
    imageimage
  • Options
    LoCarb said:
    My 4 yo recent fave board game is Super Why ABC's. It educational-recognizing letters, rhyming and spelling.

Good to know! I got that game for DS (he loves super why!). We're going to give it to him for his bday or Christmas.

• Options
    JoannaJesJoannaJes member
    edited October 2013
    Uno Moo and Hullabaloo. Hullabaloo in particular is great, because it involves a lot of movement, and is pretty fast paced.

• Options
    We have the Spot It Jr. version and it's great -- very fast-paced. Also Uno Moo and Candyland are favourites around here.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers 

“The heart has its own laws ... and the truth is ... the truth is that you are the law of mine.”
  • Options
    I know you have a lot of responses already and our games are pretty much all the same as those mentioned but I am not sure how old your LO is (like just turned 3 or between 3 1/2 & 4?)... I got really excited to buy games for my twins when they turned 3 and found that games like chutes & ladders and candyland did not work for them until much closer to 4, even DD who can sit & do things for extended periods and 'gets' rules & things pretty easily. DS didn't last 2 minutes with either one. They still struggle w/ chutes & ladders, it is a painfully long game if ppl get sent down chutes a lot... SO, I'd recommend board games like that closer to four. 

Zingo was perfect at 3 and we also have I spy bingo which my kids love but they knew their letters before 3 so it depends on that. Uno Moo was ok but I really hate how it is basically set up to cheat when you pick animals, and they didn't get the 'wild' or the turn skipping w/ the skunk until slightly older so obvioulsy w/ a lot of them you have to just forgo rules or bend them.  Busytown was a big hit at our house b/c we love the books and they love 'spying' things and also I like that it is a team game since I have 2 kids (vs. 1 of them winning, they both have to get to the end to 'win').  Hi Ho Cherry O is the easiest one for littler kids I think but more on the annoying side for adults. HA.
    GL!
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! 
  • Options
    Snails Pace Race....very simple game involving colors. I love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options

We have the Spot It Jr. version and it's great -- very fast-paced. Also Uno Moo and Candyland are favourites around here.

I was going to say Spot It. We got the regular one when DD was 4.5 and I know a younger kid can do it. You can even change the rules for you in your head like if I am doing too good I find hers before mine so she has extra time.

Lucky Ducks is annoying but kids love it and it is easy. My kids did not play Candy Land until 4. Elefun was big with the kids at that age. Around 4 DD got really into Monopoly Jr and UNO.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    only one we have and no one mentioned is the princess cupcake game.  we don't actually play the game per se, but my daughter LOVES making the cupcakes to match the pictures.  hours of entertainment.  :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"