LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT-Ten Things Tuesday

Ok, folks, it is getting late! Let's have your Ten Things!

List ten things you want to tell us--any 10 things (they can be TTC/pregnancy/parenting related or not; many people choose to do a mix).
****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: TTT-Ten Things Tuesday

• Options

1. I just got my flu shot. I was all nervous and told the nurse doing it that I was pregnant, even though my doctor specifically told me to get the shot. The nurse was very sweet, and put me at ease. She said most newly pregnant women are nervous to get it, but that it is good protection for me and baby.

2. I think I have picked an OB. My wife and I discussed it again last night. It is on my to-do list for today to call their practice and try to schedule my first appointment.

3. I am mega tired today. I might be ready for bedtime by lunch time.

4. I have been lurking a little bit on the 1st Trimester boards the last week or so. Man, some of those peeps are a tad looney toons. It is comforting to read about some of the same things I am experiencing though, so I like to peak over there just to see what other people are talking about once in a while.

5. I am not looking forward to driving to Boston on Friday night. We aren't going to be able to get on the road until 3:30pm at the earliest since my wife can't leave work any earlier than that. We will likely hit rush hour in New York/Connecticut, so that will be fun. I need to plan lots of snacks.

6. I made a super yummy looking salad this morning that I brought for lunch. I am currently counting down until lunch time so I can eat it. I am pretty starving.

7. We currently have plans every weekend from now until Thanksgiving. I have mixed feelings about that b/c it helps to be busy and I think the 1st trimester is really going to fly by b/c we have so much going on... at the same time, I have been pretty tired a lot, and I feel like I don't have much down/rest time, so that is kind of a bummer.

8. We bought a new washer and dryer, and they were delivered on Saturday. I am amazed by them. It takes us about 1/3 of the time to do laundry now and the machines make no noise at all. It is pretty awesome. The dryer also has this steam setting for steaming the wrinkles out of clothes. My wife tried it this AM with a shirt she wanted to wear that hadn't been ironed. It is amazing. I feel like a bit of a loser for being so excited about a dryer, but I guess that is where my life is right now... HA!

9. I still haven't put a pregnancy ticker in my signature. I still don't feel ready yet. I don't know why. Not sure what I am waiting for now... maybe 12 weeks?!?!.... it feels like a milestone...

10. I miss my TTC friends. I still read everyone's updates, and I feel very invested in everyone's journeys. I don't always comment (I don't think I did before all the time either), but now I am more aware of feeling isolated from folks in the TTC trenches. I don't quite feel pregnant enough to hang out with the pregnant kids, and I don't really belong with the TTC-ers anymore... so right now I feel a little in limbo here. I know that sounds stupid. I don't think I am articulating well what I mean. It's just something I think about...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options

1) I got summoned for jury duty and I have to report to the state federal building on the 28th.  That's the same day as a big event I've been planning a long time for kids from the women's shelter to come to our building for fall activities and a haunted house.  It's in the evening so I hope I can make it!

2) This is my last TTT until I get to go to Wisconsin!  WOO!!

3) I have my ultrasound scheduled for Thursday.  I'm really hoping we see some good follies and that my RE will say I'm ready for my IUI!

4) I'm hungry for lunch.  I think I'll eat after I write this.

5) We're taking a couple friends with us to WI for the festival.  I'm excited to bring them.  One hasn't been on this trip with us before so it'll be fun to see how she likes the Dells.

6) We're supposed to visit some friends at a camp site tonight but it's going to rain.  I'm secretly hoping they call us to reschedule...

7) It'll be nice to take a long weekend.  It's been a while since I've taken time off.

8) The advantage of not taking time off is racking up my PTO.  I can accumulate up to 7 weeks in PTO, and unlimited for sick time.  I can use that time off for maternity leave so the less I use now the more I'll have later.

9) I've been temping and using my OPKs.  So far so good.  I'm curious to see if I really do have a temperature spike when I ovulate.  God willing I'll ovulate this month... stupid uncooperative body :P

10) I would love, love, love to be pregnant before the holidays so I could have happy news to share with my extended family.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

2) This is my last TTT until I get to go to Wisconsin!  WOO!!

AHHH!  I couldn't help but smile when you mentioned WI!  Can't wait to hear about your trip :)

• Options
    1. I had a good long weekend. Got some little projects done that have been haunting me for months (transferring files from and wiping an old computer, touching up paint in our kitchen, sorting clothes that don't fit) and still got to relax, read, cook, work out, and snuggle my Juniebear.

2. My IVF nurse cleared me to continue PT after transfer/into early pregnancy if needed. Phew. We're winding down anyway but I don't want to have to end it prematurely.

3. My clinic, which is usually super organized, can't find our consent form for this transfer and if it doesn't turn up today, we're going to have to sign another one. Kind of annoying since we both have to sign in the presence of someone in the clinic and none of the offices are super close to our house. I am there all the time for monitoring, but my wife has to make a special trip. OTOH if that is the only thing that goes wrong this cycle, I will take it!!!

4. The lining check is the point at which my first FET got cancelled because I ovulated through my meds. Even though I'm on Lupron now to prevent that, I get a little nervous leading up to that appointment (which is Friday).

5. I either have to figure out how to give myself PIO shots on my own or make my sister give them to me for a couple of days after transfer. I am going directly from my ET to Maine with my family, and my wife can't go. I'm close to my sister (and she already said she will do it if she has to) but I'm pretty sure she hasn't seen my butt since we bathed together as babies, so that's kind of weird. My wife says there's no way I can PIO myself, but a few women on the IF board said it's fine. Can't decide if I'm feeling brave enough to attempt it!

6. And can I just say I am NOT looking forward to PIO in general. Most of this process doesn't bother me that much, even the gross suppositories. But I had a bad experience with the PIO last cycle and I am really dreading it. If I knew it would likely result in a baby, it would be a lot easier to say, "it's all worth it," but I've now endured it twice without a baby, so it's kind of a drag.

7. I can't believe that a bunch of you are 30+ weeks and are going to have babies within the next two months! Seems especially crazy for @herbabymama because I've known her since the IUI days...

8. I want to EAT ALL THE THINGS. I wonder if it's the increased estrogen?

9. @themommymonster, I think those necklaces sound so lovely! I vote for "Grammie."

10. @KH826, your post about missing the TTCers and not feeling like you fit in with the pregnant kids made me laugh...I have sort of an opposite reaction on the TTCAL board. For some reason I feel like I "fit" on PGAL better -- there are a lot of women there that I know from TTCAL, and a lot of the TTCAL folks are newbies that are much newer to TTC than I am -- but I don't exactly qualify to be on PGAL. At any rate, I do miss your voice in the TTC Check In but I'm also thrilled that you got to graduate! I feel fairly confident that I'll be joining you on the Pregnancy Check In shortly...just not so confident I'll stay there. :P
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@ball.and.chain - first of all, I am confident you will join the pregnancy check ins soon AND confident you will stay! :)

Secondly... I feel your pain (literally) with the PIO shots. I have been really struggling with them the last week or so. I am pretty sure my wife hit a nerve at least once. I have had radiating pain up and down both sides (it comes and goes, and it is worse when I am laying down and then get up quickly). I have 3 more weeks of PIO shots, and then hopefully I will be done. I absolutely cannot wait. I too feel like most of the IVF meds and procedures were not 1/2 as bad as I feared they would be, but PIO totally sucks. Like a lot. I was a trouper for a while... but after 7ish weeks of shots in my butt, I am officially over it.

Also, let your sister give you the PIO. I cannot imagine doing it myself, and I feel like that is one thing that I just don't want to worry about. If your sister is offering, I say let her do it!

Also, thanks for laughing at my feelings! ;-)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    1. Good midwife appt this morning. After sluggish weight gain between 28-32 weeks, I put on 3 lbs in last 2 weeks. BP is good and belly is measuring 33. Baby is still head down, which I already knew from his movements. I can see him stretching his legs out at times and occasionally he gets one up in the ribs. My mom tells me he is either counting or tickling my ribs. Silly. :)

2. FINALLY heard from insurance person at my dr's office. Because their birthing center is new (opened last month), they don't have all the insurance companies in network yet. She is going to submit a waiver with my insurance company to see if I can get in-network coverage. Keeping my fingers crossed. It really would have been nice to get this process started 2 weeks ago when I called the first time. Oh well.

3. Last child birth class tonight! Crazy. We really enjoyed our Birthing from Within class. Would recommend it to anyone, especially those wanting an unmedicated birth. It does not demonize medical interventions at all - in fact, we discusses the benefits of having interventions available when it becomes necessary, even if unwanted.

4. Have nothing planned this weekend! Hope I can keep it that way! Next weekend will be busy - probably doing an amateur photo shoot with a friend at Z's request and throwing my friend's bridal shower on Sunday.

5. My back is killing me. :(

6. @KH826 - I get where you are coming from. We've had very different experiences, but I couldn't let myself get very excited about this pregnancy until our NT scan at 12 weeks, and then especially after we received Mat21 results at 14 weeks. First tri can be a scary time.

7. And just because a TTT is not complete workout a Bama pic - image

8. My cat, Lucy, was being such a booger last night. Finally had to kick her out at 5am.

9. Our A/C is leaking. Blah. And, yes, we're still using A/C. Although not tomorrow - high will be around 59! Back to 80s on Thurs. Ah, Texas.

10. Lunch time! Have a good day, peeps.
  • Options
    1. I have my repeat sono on Friday. Not looking forward to it, although I hope that without my tubes anymore it won't be as painful as before.

2. We had a frustrating meeting with our RE on Saturday. M and I had both been much happier with her communication over the last couple months but Saturday felt like we were back to the olden days.

3. M is not feeling well today and is leaving work early. I'm not sure the details but I hope she will want to go swimming in our apartment pool because I do.

4. I've started participating on the infertility board. That's where most of the IVF folks hang out and I want some IVF community as we get closer to our IVF. Also I don't want to just drop-in if I have questions about the process so I want them to start to get to know me now.

5. I am trying to write a conference paper proposal today and I am not having fun with it.

6. It is a gorgeous day today and I would like to hang out outside for house but that is probably not the best use of my time.

7. I'm pretty anxious about the prospect of being pregnant. It is something I want but it is also pretty scary--both in terms of what it could do to me and what I could do wrong.

8. I think if I do get pregnant, M will be the most amazing partner in pregnancy. She is already brainstorming ways to get me pregnancy clothes that fit and that work for my gender aesthetic.

9. Nov 21 (when I'm currently scheduled to start Lupron) feels really far away and really close at the same time.

10. I wish M and I were going to Chicago for U.S. Thanksgiving but it is impractical for a number of reasons.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    1. Kaden just fell asleep a few hours later than planned... He is teething really badly (4 teeth at once). I finally gave him some motrin and another bottle and lay him down again. I'm glad he's getting rest (for both our sakes ;-)

2. Our insurance is finally updated so I can go forward with my long delayed OB appointment.  I have one scheduled for tomorrow late morning, but EV and I might move it to Friday so she can go.  We'll see.

3. Getting excited about going to Tucson next Tuesday.  I know my parents are going to be so excited about seeing Kaden. Not sure what to do about their crazy dog (weiner dog mix)  hope she and Kaden get along. He loves animals but isn't always the gentlest and my parents dog is anxious. She forgets people (even my dad or me) if we leave the room for 2 minutes, she'll start barking like mad when we walk back in.  Sigh...

4. There's another JBF event (big consignment event) this weekend in San Mateo. The last time we went we spent hundreds of dollars but ended up with some great stuff.  This time maybe I should just bring cash and stick to that budget.  I really need pants for Kaden.

5. I've been dreaming of going to Disneyland with the family. Maybe for one of our Birthdays.

6. I need to study for my quiz tonight and my final exam this week.

7. EV and I were talking last night and she pointed out that maybe I was feeling low because I am pregnant again.  I've been pregnant or nursing a newborn since March 2010 and I guess she's right. I do feel a little overwhelmed that I am going to be pregnant and taking care of a newborn for the next year and a half. It's a daunting and exhausting thought. Don't get me wrong I am so grateful and excited about our family. It's just been 2 1/2 years with more time to go.  I told her that I thought I was holding it together pretty well all things considering ;-)

8. I think Kaden and I will head over to the library this afternoon.

9. We had so much fun at the pumpkin patch this weekend we want to go back. Alas there won't really be any time.

10. I am getting really excited about the Holiday season this year. I know I am so cheesy, but I just can't wait !!! :-)
  • Options
    1. We are officially in the TWW again
    2. I am loving babysitting an infant full time.  I feel like I am stepping into a "club" of people with kids, even though he isn't mine.  I can plan play dates and have gotten to see some of my friends with kids more.  I feel like our friends with kids never want to do anything with us anymore because we don't have kids.  Now we have something in common again.
    3. In reference to #2 I think this will only improve when we have foster kids and our own children of course.
    4. I spent hours yesterday helping my sister make center pieces for a wedding this weekend.  She is the Maid of Honor and put all of the crafty projects off until the last minute.  On one hand it was kind of fun, but annoying that she spends all of her days off doing fun stuff and partying it up then puts stuff off until the last minute knowing myself or my mom will always help her out.  She is 34 and is acting like she 21 again, its so annoying.
    5. I love this time of year in Ohio!  The leaves are starting to turn and the weather has been awesome!
    6. We had to have multiple friends fill out reference form for us to complete our foster parenting license.  I seriously almost cried reading all of them.  Our friends said really amazing things about us and our relationship.  It really made me feel great that people see we are a happy good couple.  
    7. The downside of being home all day and only having 4 channels is that I know what is on during the day all day now.  My favorite new show is Bethanny.  I have watched her since she was on Real Housewives of New York and love her!
    8. My wife gave me my trigger shot on Saturday and the spot really hurts.  It is a little red, but it seems to be getting better now.  
    9. We only did one insemination this month, I hope that it worked
    10. I need to find some motivation to go to the grocery store.  We are out of razors and have been for over a week, let me tell you how hairy my legs are right now.....Hahaha
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    StacyLH24StacyLH24 member
    edited October 2013

1.  C and I both took Friday off at the last minute and rode the bike down to Benezette, PA and saw some elk.  It was a beautiful ride, though cold on the way home.  I love big, wild animals and have wanted to go down for 3 years now. 

2.  We have several areas of large rocks near where we live.  We went to one yesterday, called Rock City Park, with my Mom and Dad.  We walked through them and had a great time.  It was beautiful. 

3.  I'm looking forward to something new for dinner tonight.  I saw a recipe for creamy tomato tortellini soup and I'm going to make that in a bit.

4. I'm not looking forward to getting up at 4:30 am so that we can leave the house by 5:30.  C and I are always super exhausted when we have to do this.  We'll be doing it again on Friday or Saturday depending on how things look tomorrow.  We also have a wedding on Saturday.  We are going to be wiped out by Sunday. 

5.  We stayed out late last night for pool league and had to get up early today as well.  We are both already tired.

6.  I went to get into the shower this morning and found a tick on my side.  I think it bit into me just as my finger passed over it.  I freaked out a tiny bit and woke C up.  I was hoping so much that it was a spider and not a tick, but I knew better.  C pulled it off in two pieces and I bagged it up for the Health Dept.  Unfortunately they don't test for Lyme Disease anymore.  I'm sure that it is fine because there didn't seem to be any blood in it yet.

7.  So far the government shutdown hasn't had a noticeable impact on us.  I'm afraid that if it continues much longer it will.  Hopefully it will end soon. 

8.  Though the early morning trips to Buffalo take a lot out of us, I'm happy to do it so that C can be a part of every appointment.  She hasn't missed one yet.  It is important to me that she be involved as much as possible. 

9.  I'm very thankful that my direct supervisor and our Director are so supportive.  They both know what we are trying to do and they are encouraging us all the way.  My direct supervisor went through a similar process when she and her current husband wanted to have a baby.  Unfortunately it didn't work out for them. 

10.  I am very much hoping that the third time is the charm.  If not, we consider our options and try to figure out what our next step shall be. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Happy Tuesday!

1) I went from platinum blonde to dark brown last week. I'd been platinum blonde for three years but it's a hell of a lot of maintenance. I'm still not used to the brown, though.

2) Managed a 40 minute walk around the neighbourhood today! Yesterday I couldn't even make it a block, the incision at my navel was really bothering me. But it's fine today.

3) I haven't needed any painkillers in over 24 hours! I hate taking pain medication, so I'm pretty stoked.

4) My nephew and his wife are expecting their first baby on Dec 1st. They recently announced it's a girl as well as her name... I'm keeping my thoughts mostly to myself, but Smurf agrees that the name they've picked is a little, well, impractical. It may be cute when she's little, but she has to live with it for the rest of her life. Naming a baby is a HUGE responsibility!

5) My sister moves here from Calgary in exactly a week. She is staying with us until she gets on her feet... and I have done zip to prepare. I'm supposed to be clearing out my office so we can turn it into a bedroom for her. I guess I'll be working out of the dining room in the interim?

6) Smurf made this awesome pork tenderloin with maple-braised apple sauce for dinner today. It was so good I had to have seconds. Mmmm. 

7) One of our favourite things to do is make fun of commercials. The latest one we're snickering over is one for a new foundation from L'Oreal called "Magic Nude." Need I say more?

8) Speaking of commercials... has anyone else seen the Value Village commercial that spoofs Macklemore's "Thrift Shop?" OMG. Comedy Gold.

9) Seems like I'm not alone in being excited about autumn! It's definitely my favourite time of year, too. Thinking tomorrow I might make some pumpkin soup with the leftover puree!

10) A friend of mine turned me onto a website called elance.com, thinking it might help me land some more VA clients. Most people hiring seem to be cheapskates, but it might be a decent way to supplement my income during downtime... we'll see! :)

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Options
    KH826 said:

Also, thanks for laughing at my feelings! ;-)

Ha...I guess it would be more accurate to say it made me smile.  PIO is the devil!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
     2. Like ball.and.chain said, I'm also amazed I am where I am. You helped me make the decision to do IVF and I will be forever grateful for your support. I'm still banking on you being pregnant by the time my LO arrives!
    :x I hope that baby's middle name will be ball.and.chain!  :)
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

Sorry about your work situation, @herbabymama :( What a mess.  I hate it when supervisors aren't compassionate about their employees needs.  I've always been in the camp that family is far more important than work.  There are others who obviously feel different.  As long as HR is on your side there's really not much your boss can do but steam silently.  She'll get over it after you're back from maternity leave for a while.

My former boss gave me a lot of hell for going to class during work hours - even though I specifically told her in my job interview that I was a part-time master's student and I would need to take time off to go to my classes.  She said it was fine then but changed her tune when it came time to leave for classes to start.  Ugh...

• Options
    I'm late for ttt!

1. We are currently getting our floors redone. The landlord is paying for them to completely refinish the hardwoods in two rooms. They look amazing, but the smell is horrid.

2. In preparation for #1 we had to completely empty both rooms. I moved most of the light stuff while DW was working, but the next day I helped DW move a dresser.... And blew out my back again.

3. I am in excruciating pain. Went to the acupuncturist yesterday and she is amazing. She got me from a pain level of 10 to a 6 in one session. We are heading to Chiropractic today.

4. This whole back thing is hindering my attempt to help decorate for our big family Halloween party on Saturday. We have 30 people coming to our house... I still have to make my costume!

5. I am dressing up as Cindy lou Who and DW is dressing up as the grinch.

6. TTC related, I haven't seen a positive opk yet and am hoping I just missed my surge. I wasn't able to test like normal because of my back. We did an insemination Sunday and Tuesday and have one more for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

7. Michigan is awaiting a ruling on same sex marriage today. If the judge rules the ban is unconstitutional, we could get legally married. Unfortunately, the attorney general will be filing an appeal almost immediately, so we won't be able to enjoy it. It sucks.

8. If we do get to get a license before an appeal is filed, my Dad said he will perform the ceremony. He is ordained. We were shocked at this offer. In a good way!

9. DW is awesome. She took care of me (and still is) while dealing with my back. She is so protective.

10. Sorry I have been Mia. Our house is in shambles and it is hard to relax and enjoy the Pc! Miss you all!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    Update to my ttt: the federal judge set the same sex hearing for trial in Feb rather than ruling today. No marriage today.

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    1. I'm late too!
    2. On the train from JFK into Manhattan!
    3. I'm so excited. The work part of this trip was cancelled, so aside from a meeting or two, this is vaca.
    4. J is with me!
    5. Our priorities while here: Art, coffee, food and friends.
    6. Feels good to be in another world.
    7. I don't think I can shut up about being here.
    8. NYC recommendations?
    9. Overcast and fall feeling here. Around 70 degrees!
    10. Staying with friends who just got an apt. in the LES.
    ok I'm one-note Johnny today!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"