Delaware Babies
Options

Daycare in Wilmington

Looking for recommendations for daycares in Wilmington, DE. I'm expecting at the end of March and looking for a place that accepts infants. Thanks!

Re: Daycare in Wilmington

• Options
    Congrats!! What type of daycare are you looking for? In home, center based?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No advice on daycare. Just wanted to say congrats on your lo!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! We are open to both kinds of daycare - in home or at a center. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm not originally from the area so I don't know of any places, except what I find on google!
  • Options
    Well I know there is a Goddard school in Wilmington, Hockessin and Newark. Kindercare, la Petite are a couple others. Those are a few of the centers that are around. I am not sure of in home centers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so much! We actually have some appts scheduled to tour the Goddard in Wilmington, COA in Hockessin, and Bright Horizons at Dupont. Have you heard anything about any of those places? I'll look at the Kindercare and la Petite. 
  • Options
    DD went to Babes on the Square Too for a few years until I switched jobs and it wasn't convenient for drop-off/pick-up anymore.  We had a good experience with them; they also have a personal chef that makes all the meals on-site which I loved.  I believe they start taking infants at 6 weeks, but I would call to check and make sure they have an opening.

COA is pretty good; DD is there now and I have no major complaints.  She'll be in kindergarten next year, but we'll be starting her brother there in January.
    m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the information! I am checking out those places in a few weeks, along with Little Folks Too. I'm glad to hear good things about Babes on the Square Too and COA! 
  • Options
    Where in Wilmington? (Concord Pike, Prices' Corner, etc.) It's a big city and not everywhere might be convenient for you.
  • Options
    We are open to all of Wilmington. My husband works downtown and I work in Philadelphia, so we are able to access the entire city!
  • Options
    we go to the goddard on the riverfront since my son was 4mos old.  its been great.  i work upstairs so i didn't research any others but have been please
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hello,
    I haven't been on here in ages and just decided to check out this page. I can't see the date of your post so not sure I am too late. We have both our kids enrolled at Babes on the Square Too. We LOVE it there! Love the administration, the teachers, kids, families, and most especially Chef Jim. Our oldest will start Kindergarten next year and she is going to be in shock with the food. My kids are spoiled.   Good luck with the search.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Babes on the Square Too off Foulk Road. Great experience with them so far;  they also have a personal chef that makes all the meals on-site which I love.  I believe they start taking infants at 6 weeks, but I would call to check and make sure they have an opening.
  • Options
    We use Little Folks Too and Love it there. My son has been there since he was 12 weeks old and is now almost a year. My niece and several friends use it too and their kids all love it (they are older).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"