Food Allergy
Options

Blood spec in mucusy poop

Hi, we ebf and I have just noticed a spec of blood in the mucus of her poop. Is this an indication of a dairy allergy, or any allergy. If it is dairy, do I have to cut out all dairy from my diet or just strong dairy like milk, cheese etc, and be ok to still have baked dairy? This is new for me so any advice is appreciated. Also LO isn't fussy, or have any breakouts. She will get a bit of a rash wherever the poop touches. Thanks in advance.
Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Blood spec in mucusy poop

• Options
    This is just my opinion, but i would wait and see if it happens again. It might be something else. But if she's not fussing, i'd just chalk it up to a weird occurence. Now if it happens a second time, i'd be on the phone with the pedi and taking photos of the diaper ;)
  • Options
    I would call the pedi. They can test the diaper for trace amounts of blood because there might be blood that you can't see. Does she frequently have mucous in her poop? If so, that could indicate an intolerance to something that you're eating. Another reason to talk to the pedi.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happens with DD and lactation consultant told me it's fine if there are no other signs of an allergy  and a very small amount of blood but dr told me the opposite.....he told me to cut out all dairy and not to reintroduce for a few months.  Every baby is different as to how much bothers them and what types.   It's all a 'fun" trial and error.  Good luck!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much!
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"