One & Done: Only child
Options

Hey there (intro)

I am a mom of a 2 year old girl and a former science teacher. Currently, I SAH, but hope to return to work in a year or two.

DH and I originally wanted to have one child when we got married (we're only children). After I got pregnant I started wanting another child. I finally convinced DH, even though he had some reservations, and we got a BFP. After a miscarriage 2.5 weeks ago he said he doesn't want to try again.

I'm trying to be grateful for the wonderful family I have, but it's hard. How do you accept what you have without wanting more? I don't want to pressure DH anymore. I just want to be happy.

What are the advantages of being OAD? When did you let go of all the baby gear? Our garage is full of bins.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)

Re: Hey there (intro)

• Options
    I just put together a bag of clothes to give to a friend. I felt like the tears were starting to come and got all emotional. I kept a little more than half of that size and I still had a tough time parting with them. Every piece had memories attached to it. I remember so much and I know giving the clothes away won't take the memories, but it's so damn hard.

I also feel selfish for keeping as many as I did when my friend's baby can use them. Instead I have these bins just sitting in the garage.

• Options

Don't feel selfish!  It's ok to keep stuff as long as you want to.  Like PP said, there's always someone else who can use the clothes if/when you're ready to part with them.

Thanks, BK! By the way, it's nice to see you. We missed you over on the Parenting board. How's Judith doing? Keeping you busy?

My mom came to stay until Sunday (she had vacation to take). I'm so excited to have freedom to go out or do projects around the house and here I am bumping. Lol. So much freedom! I don't know how to handle it. I might go to a cafe and read a book in peace...that's if I can focus on something. My attention span seems to be in line with DD's nowaydays.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"