Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

what is your 5 month old's nap schedule like?

About how many hours does your little sleep throughout the day?

Re: what is your 5 month old's nap schedule like?

• Options
    What's a "nap schedule"? LOL. Seriously though, I would do anything for any semblance of a schedule or predictability. I try so hard and LO always has other plans...
  • Options
    1st nap 30 mins (2 hrs after he wakes up)

Each nap thereafter is every 2 hrs

2nd nap - 45 mins

3rd nap - 3 hrs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    was asking what lisalisa posted (nap schedule). Usually a morning, afternoon, & evening nap and was wondering how long they last. Thanks
  • Options
    My 2.5 yo DS is regimented for naps, but the 5 mo twins?  Not so much.  I try to put them down around the same time as DS at 1ish, and sometimes they go right down, other times, not so much.   They'll sleep like 2-4 hours if they go down for a real nap.  Otherwise they cat nap throughout the day.  T likes to sleep and will usually do so.  C likes to be awake and sleeps way less, so it's dependent on the day.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    DD naps for about an hour in the morning and an hour-hour and a half in the afternoon.  She often takes a short nap to/from preschool drop off for DS.  She sleeps about 11-12 hours at night with usually 1 feeding in the middle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ummmm shitty. Actually, it varies a lot. He usually only,takes two naps a day. Sometimes they're only 30 minutes each, some days an hour each.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    My little girl (1 week shy of 5months old) will sleep 30-45 mins in the AM usually 2 hours after she is up for the day her long nap is usually mid day for about 2-3 hours...I try to time this after a bottle...then another 30-45 min nap early evening...we put  her down for the night somewhere between 7-8pm, again following a bottle...she will sleep until 2-4am, wake for a bottle, then fall back to sleep until about 6am

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    He is 5 months old, and has a pretty solid nap schedule

up around 7:30am

First nap 1.5 hours around 10am
    Second nap 2 hours around 1pm
    Third nap 1 hour around 5pm

in bed between 8 and 8:30pm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First nap around 8:30 (sleeps 30-60 minutes), second nap around 11 (sleeps about 60 minutes), third nap around 2 (~30 minutes), last nap around 4 (30 minutes), bedtime at 6:00. This is a very loose schedule, and depends on what we're doing during the day, how long it takes her to get to sleep, and how long she sleeps. For example, she took very short naps this morning so she already went down for her 3rd nap at 12:30.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    20 weeks
    On a good day up at 07:30 then has two naps (possibly three)

First nap around 10am (30-60mins)
    Second nap around 1pm (1hour)
    Third possible nap around 4pm (40mins)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i believe at 5 months we were on a 2 nap schedule. Uusually combined 3-4 hours.  one nap at 9 and one nap at 2. at 7 months we are semi on that schedule-since she turned 6 months we've had 1 bout of teething, 2 head colds, learning to crawl, learning to stand, etc so daytime sleep isn't too predictable. USUALLY 2 naps, some days we have 1 good nap, a stroller/car seat cat nap and a moderate nap in the grip. it just depends. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    i will say she usually regulates to get herself AT LEAST 3 hours of sleep. yesterday she only got a quick morning nap in the car, than fell asleep for about 3 hours in the afternoon. today she did 90 min in the morning, fell as lee pfor 30 min in the car, so she'll probably sleep around 75-90 min for another nap 
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    Usually awake between 6:45-7:00

First nap around 8:30 (30-45 mins)
    Second nap around 11 (30-45 mins)
    Third nap around 2pm (30mins)
    Fourth nap (sometimes this nap happens, other times it doesn't) around 4:30-5:00 (20-30 min)
    Bedtime around 7-7:30

She can't seem to break past the 45 min nap.  I hope catnaps aren't forever.  She used to sleep longer, then she hit the 4 month wakeful and hasn't gone back to longer naps since then.  Every once in a blue moon she will surprise us with a 90 min or hour long nap, but it's a rare thing that we cherish when it does happen!
  • Options
    Nap at 9/10 for :30-:60
    Nap at 12/1 for :30
    Nap at 4/5 for :60-:120
    Asleep by 8/9pm until 6/7am

Usually total day naps are 2-4 hours. Some days she's been as little as 1 hour.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    katfaz said:
    Usually awake between 6:45-7:00

First nap around 8:30 (30-45 mins)
    Second nap around 11 (30-45 mins)
    Third nap around 2pm (30mins)
    Fourth nap (sometimes this nap happens, other times it doesn't) around 4:30-5:00 (20-30 min)
    Bedtime around 7-7:30

She can't seem to break past the 45 min nap.  I hope catnaps aren't forever.  She used to sleep longer, then she hit the 4 month wakeful and hasn't gone back to longer naps since then.  Every once in a blue moon she will surprise us with a 90 min or hour long nap, but it's a rare thing that we cherish when it does happen!
    This is exactly us! But she still wakes throughout the night. Guess we will get there one day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"