Multiples

DNA Test results are in! My twins are...

IDENTICAL!!

OB is a moron lol

Thank you to all who helped me finally pull the trigger and get the testing done. Now I can say with confidence, yes my girls are ID.

Re: DNA Test results are in! My twins are...

• I've been waiting for this announcement! How cool!

• Very cool! Glad you had the testing done! :) 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!  You'll have to update us the reaction when you tell the Dr.'s who told you they weren't...
  • I definitely will. Now I want to see a placental report to see if the tech was an idiot that said I had 2.

• Wow! It's crazy what your doctor told you.
  • megs2011 said:

I definitely will. Now I want to see a placental report to see if the tech was an idiot that said I had 2.

Congrats! But, they can have 2 placentas and still be identical. My girls were di/di and are identical
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hehe agreed. Love that a bunch of MoMs know better than medical professionals

• megs2011megs2011 member
    edited October 2013
    I definitely will. Now I want to see a placental report to see if the tech was an idiot that said I had 2.
    Congrats! But, they can have 2 placentas and still be identical. My girls were di/di and are identical

Oh I know. I've done my research ;) I don't think there were 2 just based on my u/s pic from 10 weeks and 12w6d. And I say this because the tech wasn't sure if there was a membrane between the babies (there was a super thin wispy one, and every u/s there was a mad search for one).

ETA: at my 12w6d u/s I had 1 placenta for sure. 10 weeks they said I had 2. here's my 10 week and 13 week u/s

View Full Size Image

• Yea!  Glad you have an answer. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • very cool, I've been waiting to hear the results. I was pretty sure they were identical, that ultrasound looks nothing like the ones for my b/g twins

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"