Pregnant after IF
Options

Failed the 1-hr glucose test.

Crap! I really really don't want to do the 3 hour! I hope I don't faint. Nervous I have GD now! DH is upset with me because I've been eating like crap. That's what I get for craving southern "comfort food". Ugh.....
TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13

Re: Failed the 1-hr glucose test.

• Options
    Thanks! I know it may not mean anything, just sucks! Glad to hear it's not too terrible!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Options
    Aw man, the 3 hour does not sound fun. Sorry you failed. GL with the 3 hour.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're in good company...Jeanna and I both failed it too.  I went on to pass the 3 hr. both times (failed the 1 hr. both pregnancies), so hopefully you'll do the same!
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly unless your eating donuts and drinking soda allll day you didn't fail for what you ate. It will be. Ok no matter what happens!
    Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7
  • Options

You're in good company...Jeanna and I both failed it too.  I went on to pass the 3 hr. both times (failed the 1 hr. both pregnancies), so hopefully you'll do the same!

I sure hope so! Good to hear from you! Hope you are doing well with your little one!

• Options
    I'm so sorry. FX you pass the 3 hour!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I sure hope so! Good to hear from you! Hope you are doing well with your little one!
    We're doing very well so far, thanks.  It was a bit of a transition for DD at the beginning, but she's warming up to him and realizes he's here to stay, LOL.  He's sleeping 4-4.5 hrs. at night now, and just wakes up to eat, then goes right back down for 3-4 hrs.  Hopefully once his stomach is big enough, he'll start STTN.  I'm counting the days, since this was DD's pattern until she started STTN one night and never looked back, and that was at 6w2d.  Things could be way worse though, so all I'm really hoping for is that he sleeps longer by the time I go back to work in 5 weeks.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So many people fail the 1 hour!! You will be fine! I have to admit I was a but devastated when I found out I had GD, but really I am looking at it as a blessing now! I was eating HORRIBLE and so many sweets. The diet isn't that bad. It's like 6 small meals and if you do it right you never get really hungry, but it does suck to have to remember to eat all day. If you get it I will give you all my snack and menu ideas. Plus I weigh 12 pounds less this pg at this point than I did before!! OMG I am thrilled to not have to lose that weight again! I think this diet has been more of a life change for me. Especially,since my dad has type 2 (I think) and it is genetic so I am more likely to get it later in life if I don't watch the sugars. When is your 3 hour test? GL!!!!!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    Boo!! GL with the 3 hr test.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope you pass the three hour with flying colors! GL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You may not have GD, actually. I failed the one hour and had to do the three hour. I took my Nook with me, and it flew by. It's possible just that your glucose is high, but that doesn't make it GD. Mine at this point is borderline, so they told me to cut back on carbs, and I'll retest when I'm 7 months. Good luck!
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

You may not have GD, actually. I failed the one hour and had to do the three hour. I took my Nook with me, and it flew by. It's possible just that your glucose is high, but that doesn't make it GD. Mine at this point is borderline, so they told me to cut back on carbs, and I'll retest when I'm 7 months. Good luck!

It wasn't so bad! I actually just got the call back with my results. No GD, but like you I am borderline. So I was also told to cut back on the carbs and sweets. He literally called while I was in the middle of stuffing my face with a breakfast burrito. Lol. Guess it's time to make healthier choices! Boo. What happened to enjoying whatever you want during pregnancy?! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"