1st Trimester
Options

First Appointment Today

And it went pretty well!  He gave me a due date of 5/18/14.  He did an internal ultrasound and I got to see my LO, yolk sack and all AND hear the heartbeat!

Here are things I was not thrilled about- The heartbeat was in the 130s and he said that is a little low.  I guess we will see... Also, he said no running!  I am really not sure  how I feel about that since I normally run 18-22 miles a week and his reason was that it "jolts the baby." I am not sure how that bounces me around more than walking or the elliptical, so I am considering getting a second opinion about that.  At all the races I have done the last three years, I have ALWAYS seem pregnant women running in them.

Re: First Appointment Today

• Options
    I agree with PP.  From what I understand you can pretty much continue your existing exercise regime (especially this early and assuming there are no complications) as long as you listen to your body and don't overdo it.  I'm not a huge runner, but kept up a light jogging schedule until I was around 38 weeks with DD#1.  The only reason I stopped then was b/c I had to stop to pee so frequently that it wasn't worth it!

I would get a 2nd opinion.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you?  130s seems like an excellent heartbeat to me!  Also, no running at all?  2nd opinion for sure.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 7w1d today. I'm pretty sure I'm finding a new doctor. He didn't ask me anything about my workout history and habits.
  • Options
    I did some research of my own and I actually requested a switch in OBs today.  The 130s heart rate is completely within normal range and he did not give me a medical reason to not run.  I called him back to ask more questions on Friday and left a message.  I called back yesterday afternoon and left another message.  It is almost 4 PM 4 days after I left my first message and I have still not heard from him.

I talked to my friend who has a 3 month old and the same insurance and I do and she did not care for the OB I am seeing because she felt he was too conservative in his advice.  

All these things combined, I went in to the office today to switch my next appointment to a new doctor.  Hopefully someone from the office calls me back soon since I don't go in for 3 1/2 more weeks!
  • Options
    My babys hb was @ 114 yesterday (6wks & 2days + I'm HR) & my doc said that was a great hb. I'd get a second opinion! !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"