October 2013 Moms
Options

Tonight on "shit my DH/SO says"

huntjulhuntjul member
edited October 2013 in October 2013 Moms
So tonight DH asks in all seriousness "So are you going to get WIC?" 
I about spit out my drink laughing and said "No, honey, I'm pretty sure we don't qualify." 
DH: "Don't all women with infants and children get it?"

Any gems from your SO lately?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Re: Tonight on "shit my DH/SO says"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WIC?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*~
    Plumpynut loving on Baby Brother E
    ~*~
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers <3 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wic is women infants and children. Makes sure they have food. Although is that program still going with the furlough?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    KevsLove said:

WIC?

It's just something basically for women who qualify for Medicade. They give you money for certain groceries up until the child is 5.....
  • Options
    KevsLove said:
    WIC?
    Women Infant and Children - government run program

• Options
    KevsLove said:
    WIC?
    It's a government assistance program vaguely similar to food stamps for pregnant women or women with young children.  Why DH thought all moms get it is beyond me.  And yes, the program may be affected by the govt shutdown.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    Ah! Gottcha. Thanks. We've got UCCB (Universal Child Care Benefit - $100 month, per kid, till they're 6, regardless of income) and the CCTB (Canada Child Tax Benefit - geared to income until the child is 18)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*~
    Plumpynut loving on Baby Brother E
    ~*~
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers <3 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    edited October 2013
    I'm at work, sick with a cold, healing patients and using my brain...I text my husband who is currently not working due to, well you know, and he has the audacity to tell me he isn't doing anything nor does he have any plans to do anything...even though he has a "honey do list" that has been getting lengthier by the day. Um, no. Wrong.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    According to the article from a post a few down from this, WIC will be affected. No incoming $ for it, theyay have enough funding for about a week. Not good news for those that need it. The article was really interesting though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options

Last night my husband crawled into bed and sniffed my hair. He told me my hair smelled really good. And then told me it smelled like a stripper. I asked what the hell that was supposed to mean. He said it smelled like fruit and desperation. Thankfully I knew at that point he was trying to make me laugh or I would have killed him.

Omg this made me lol. My sister wore a different body spray /perfumr around her bf the other day and he told her she smelled good, but like a stripper. It has been cracking me up since. He realized his misstep but she thought it was hilarious as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    My DH this weekend had to work Sun which never happens, so he looks at me and says can't you have some Braxton-Hicks or something so I don't have to go in?  Umm.. no, I'm not going to jinx myself or fake labor so you can skip work!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yep my dh is back on shift today and said he hopes I go into labor before his days of so he Doesent have to work this week... Yea ok ill get right on that
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH: "You need to go into labor today. I don't feel like going in to work."

Me: 
    Haha, this was my husband today!

• Options

With the false labor I have had lately that likes to start at 8pm and end at 2am

Dh says " So if you think I am going to have to goto L & D, can we do it sooner rather then 12am because I need my rest " This is coming from the man who has been blissfully getting 8-9 hrs asleep every night while I have been getting 4 max. Grumble.

Then, the lack of sleep is catching up to me and DH says "Why are you so cranky today?" Umm... I have barely slept in 3 days, I have 2 sick kids at home a huge to do list and I am in constant pain, can barely walk, and am 39weeks pregnant. Why do you think I am cranky dear?

• Options
    Tonight dh told me he feels like a piece of meat because I want to have sexy time all if the time now muahaha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tonight dh told me he feels like a piece of meat because I want to have sexy time all if the time now muahaha
    This is my hubby as well hahaha
  • Options
    Mine keeps referring to himself as "DH" since he's read over my shoulder a few times when I'm on TB lol
    On a similar note, last night FI said "man all you guys do is post gifs? How does a cat shooting rainbows out of it's eyes express anything??"
    I died laughing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"