Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleepwear

We room share with our 3 day old DD and the room is 70 degrees + ceiling fan at low speed. How should I dress her? Is a cotton footed pjs and fleece swaddle ( the Velcro kind) too hot? We are in CA so it's not too cold yet. Just terrified of SIDS

Re: Sleepwear

• When you take it off, does she feel overheated? My doc basically told me that we know what she feels like normally so just pay attention. IMO how you have her dressed is fine. 70 is pretty chilly
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• I heard/read somewhere recently that they only need one more layer than what you would be comfortable in..
    Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I have DD in a side snap t-shrt, socks, and a miracle blanket.  Our house is kept at 70 with a fan on (it is a standing fan not a ceiling fan).  She seems to be ok but once it gets colder I'm sure I'll put something warmer underneath
  • Our house is at 72 w/ ceiling fan & we keep DS in footed pjs & fisher price swaddle cinch wrap
  • We have our girl in a cotton sleeper and cotton halo sleep sack. Our house is at 71.
  • My LO is a heater, so I have to be careful not over dress her. At 70 degrees, she is happy in a onesie and a swaddle blanket.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in northern Cali and keep the temp at 72 plus a fan.. She sleeps in footed pjs and an a&a swaddle. Was actually wondering the same question :)
  • My baby is always so hot. We keep him in a side snap t and a muslin swaddle blanket
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We keep the house between 70-72. DD is dressed in along sleeved onesie, socks, and a Velcro swaddle at night. She seems to sleep well and isn't sweaty when she wakes up to eat.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"