January 2014 Moms
Options

Share your favorite soup recipe please!

Last month I posted a thread about favorite crock pot meals, and got some fantastic recipes!

Now that Fall is upon us, how about listing your favorite soup/stew recipe? I love to cook, but for some reason, soups intimidate me. So I am hoping that your recipes give me the courage to try!

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014

Re: Share your favorite soup recipe please!

• Options
    Potato soup adopted from a clam chowder recipe.

In one pot cut up potatoes, onions, celery, and carrots. Add enough water to cover vegetables. As bouillon cubes. Add a couple teaspoons of minced garlic.  In a second big pot (I'd wait until veggies are almost done cooking, add a stick of butter. Melt. After melted add 1/2 cup of flour. I add a whole quart of half and half and then a cup or two of milk depending how thick you want it. Whisk together and stir regularly to thicken. Drain about half the water from the veggies. Pour rest into the other pot. Salt and pepper to taste. Then add a couple cap fulls of red wine vinegar to taste. It's more of like a chowder but comes out pretty tasty.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    I made this butternut squash soup recipe this weekend, and it was quite tasty: RECIPE

I threw in a little heavy cream at the end at DH's suggestion and I thought it was a nice addition. DH, DS, and I polished the whole batch off in one evening.

I also love this red pepper and gouda soup: RECIPE

It's one of DH's favorites. I always go for smoked gouda when I make this and it's sooo good that way.

Both of those are really good, but neither of them makes a ton and they are more like appetizer soups than main dish. For something a little heartier I like this chicken and quinoa chili: RECIPE
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is funny that you post this, because I'm making soup today!

It is a new recipe, but this is the one that I'm going to try today

• Options

I have this on the menu for tonight (although I've never made it before):

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/lasagna-soup-recipe/index.html

I also make this often and freeze a bunch - my 5 yr old DD LOVES it:

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/easy-chicken-and-rice-soup-recipe/

I'm pretty sure I listed all my other normal soups in the thread last time (chili, southwestern soup, lentil/vegetable soup)

• Options
    I love LOVE soups and stews. I could just live on those all day every day. Most of my recipes are in hard-cover since I like to modify and experiment and then write down the best version but this is my recent favorite (and needed no modifications): Minestrone

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I was looking for new soup recipes! I'm tagging this thread.

My go to soup is Stuffed Pepper soup:
    1 lb ground turkey
    I family size can of tomato soup
    2 servings of cooked brown rice
    1 package of red/yellow/orange peppers chopped in food processor
    1 large onion chopped in food processor
    2 cloves garlic chopped
    salt pepper
    2 tsps Red pepper flakes
    1 tsp parsley

In a large soup pot, sautee peppers and onions in olive oil until tender then add ground turkey and garlic and cook until meat is browned. Add seasonings.
    Cook the 2 servings of brown rice to box's directions.
    Add can of tomato soup and one can of water to the pot as well as the rice, salt and pepper to taste, bring to low boil and it's ready to serve. Dh and I like to add sone grated salsa jack cheese to it before serving with a buttered roll.
    For leftovers you may have to add a little water, rice will absorb extra liquid making soup thick.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is my new favorite. It's a weight watchers recipe, but it's SO good!

Chicken, Veggie and Orzo Soup

https://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=394891

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options

I've made a ton of the soups in this 50 simple soup compilation from the Food Network.  My favorites have been the spicy tortilla and the asian chicken (with dumplings instead of chicken), but most of them have yielded great results and they are SUPER simple to make: LINK

Also, not quite a soup but I made Rachael Ray's Indian Summer Chili this weekend - it's my favorite chili recipe (though I add beans, extra tomatoes and some other stuff too - you can really customize): LINK

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options
    https://blogs.kqed.org/essentialpepin/2011/09/18/tomato-chowder-with-mollet-eggs/

Made this last night. I use an immersion blender at the end to blend all the veggies in and thicken it (regular blender works too). Made it last night- easy and my husband loves it. Mmmm
  • Options
    Just had this one yesterday and it was AMAZING! my mom made it, she pureed this time but didn't in the past and said it's good both ways:

• Options
    https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/chicken-tortilla-soup/ This Soup is AMAZING and totally worth every step

*********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    @wilburbud

What type of cooked ham do you use?

• Options
    @km_md

Looks yummy! Let me know how it turns out, I will be adding this one to my list to try.

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I am going to try to make a new soup every weekend for the next few months and freeze the left overs for after Lexi arrives.

• Options
    HappyDoc said:
    Thank you ladies! I am going to try to make a new soup every weekend for the next few months and freeze the left overs for after Lexi arrives.
    great idea! I always plan to freeze the left overs of the soup I listed above but there are never any left overs because I cannot stop eating it. :)
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    I love chicken and dumplings, and when I found this recipe, I was hooked.  I like adding frozen veggies to it, which taste great!! this is definitely a weekend recipe, but so worth it

Proud Mommy of my Chloe Cat 

photo 19da4e93-5d4a-44cf-a048-cd3d58e26a62.jpgimage

Jan 14 Mom's January 2014 Siggy Challenge: Post Delivery Indulgences

imageimage

• Options
    Cara1024 said:
    HappyDoc said:
    great idea! I always plan to freeze the left overs of the soup I listed above but there are never any left overs because I cannot stop eating it. :)
    This sounds like my house! I always plan to make meals and freeze some for lunches for the week, but DH usually ends up eating it all so there is nothing left lol

• Options
    My go to comfort food is chicken noodle soup.  I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder with diced onion and minced garlic and use most of the chicken for a meal.  I leave the broth that the chicken made along with the bones and skin in the crock pot and put it in the fridge.  In the morning I add two bay leaves and a 32 oz container of chicken broth.  I leave it on low for 8-10 hours.  When I get home I cook a package of egg noodles and some chopped carrots (I would also add celery but DH hates it.  I also reheat any leftover chicken. I strain the broth from the crockpot and add the egg noodles, vegetables and chicken. 
  • Options
    My favorite is turkey and vegetable soup, using the turkey carcass after thanksgiving.

Break the carcass into smaller pieces (with some smaller meat pieces still attached) as well as the thighs, and legs if you still have them.

Add 1-2c of celery
    1-2c of carrots
    1-2c of onion

Put all of it into a stock pot and cover with water. Boil for around 1-2hrs (however long you desire)

Pull out carcass pieces, and pick pieces of turkey off bone.

I generally will add
    1c rice or noodles as well as
    1c zucchini or other veggies

Let rice/noodles cook til done. At this point I like to add some leftover stuffing for dumplings.

It makes A LOT of soup, so DH & I usually have enough for multiple meals, and freeze about half of it.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    I had this link in my recipes to try notes- it looks so yummy!
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/hearty-meatball-stew-recipe/index.html
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Options
    Chicken Tortilla Soup (recipe from Fix-it and Forget It Cookbook)

https://fix-itandforget-it.com/blog/2013/01/10/chicken-tortilla-soup/

I absolutely LOVE this soup!
    Baby Boy Due 1.25.14
  • Options

This is Pioneer Woman's Chicken and Rice soup recipe. It makes a great base and can be made into chicken noodle or chicken and dumplings. I also used this same basic recipe to make turkey noodle soup. I also usually add carrots to it.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/04/simple-hearty-chicken-rice-soup-itll-keep-ya-honest/

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"