November 2013 Moms
Options

Teeth!!!

lafsalotlafsalot member
edited September 2013 in November 2013 Moms
For a month (since my last cleaning) I have been struggling with my upper left back teeth. After yesterday, I finally gave in and called the dentist, they got me in this afternoon, covered me with several layers of lead and took an X-ray to make sure I didn't have a cavity or pocket of yuck! Nothing on pictures, so he poked around and said the gum is extremely irritated. Um, yep, that's why I called... So he found a little something and made my gums bleed and I am supposed to keep using salt water rinses and if it's not better call in 3 days. It was already a little better today before I went in but I have been going back and forth since my cleaning with nor being able to chew meat on my left side, which I didn't know is my primary carnivorous side! At least it feels a little better and not my tooth!

Re: Teeth!!!

• Options
    Yikes! I'm sorry, I hate having issues related to my mouth!
  • Options
    Ouch! I hope you are feeling better. When I opened this post, my initial thought was that the BABY had teeth! Can you imagine?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    artistlifeartistlife member
    edited September 2013
    I never had my wisdom teeth removed when I had my braces. One came in impacted many years ago. The others came in just fine. Then (there's always a "then"), I got a cavity in one of them last year and had it surgically removed the day before thanksgiving last year. I feel your pain. 
    ETA: posted before I was  finished.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At first I thought it was just because if the cleaning, then maybe I had something stuck, then pregnancy hormones causing issues... So that's why I finally went in. If it was an infection it could he bad for baby and I don't think I could have pushed with my mouth hurting that bad yesterday. It is better today. Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    When I have irritated gums or a pain in my mouth, I've found that those whitening mouthwashes REALLY work.  Essentially it is the hydrogen peroxide ingredient that does the trick.  I usually gargle with it right before I go to sleep (try for a full minute) and after a night or two I start to feel better.  Might be worth a shot if the salt water doesn't do the trick.  Feel better!

• Options
    My first top right molar was so sore last week I couldn't chew on that side for two days - I was about to go into the dentist when I recalled it could be a sinus toothache.  The pain vanished completely the next day but now the gum is swollen (a light pink pocket).  I recall this happened before also (during my 1st pg?) and the dentist told me it was minor and to let it run its course, which it did.  I'm still keeping an eye on it and prepared to go in - I'd also like to be safe than sorry.  Wishing us dental health...

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"