May 2013 Moms

Rosy Cheeks?

So my LO often has rosy cheeks. Today they seem even more red than normal. I put cream on them because I think they're a little dry and chapped from all the slobber. But today they're brighter and I wonder if I'm overlooking something? Anyone else have this?
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rosy Cheeks?

• Not sure what its from but you could try putting coconut oil on it?  I did this when my LO had the bad baby acne and dry skin and it really helped.
  • Loading the player...
  • yep same here. Haven't done anything though, I thought that she just happened to have rosy cheeks? I can see them being tied to teething though since they can sometimes get a low grade fever (99 or so). When she was sick she had really rosy cheeks and they got more and more bright the higher her fever went, so I think they might be related.
  • Maybe a bit of eczema? I second the coconut oil. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • smpeachey said:

E has rosy cheeks. They did look a little dry so I put lotion on them. But they have since smoothed out and are still pink. It makes him look like a Gerber baby.

Yea people say he looks like the Gerber baby a lot. Haha. I have been putting some aquaphor on it. I'll try coconut oil. It's quite cute but I just hope they aren't uncomfortable! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • K's rosy cheeks are from rolling. Sometimes she rubs her face on the ground while positioning her body to roll.

This for us too. It's better now that she is willing to lie on her stomach instead of thrashing.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • K's rosy cheeks are from rolling. Sometimes she rubs her face on the ground while positioning her body to roll.

This for us too. It's better now that she is willing to lie on her stomach instead of thrashing.
    Ahhhh, didn't think of that! He had been playing on my bed with me when I noticed they were really red, and he was on his tummy. Bet that did it! Thanks!
  • M gets this from several things I think. Rolling, leaning against something, rubbing her face like a giant spaz. She rubs almost eczema looking spots on the sides of her face I put CeraVe cream (not lotion) on her face and it all clears up by morning.
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"