Trouble TTC
Options

Tests back ( MTHFR and Insulin resistant) Need advice from those who have them!

Follow up from my Friday post:

So I got all my genetic testing back and I found out 2 things that we didn't know before.... ( I already knew I had Hashimotos which was again confirmed)

1. MTHFR ( c677t) Heterozygous. I don't know much about this but doing some research.  I started baby aspirin after my miscarriage so I was told to stay on it.  My Endo didn't prescribe anything else for it because she wants my RE to handle it.   So not sure what if anything else he will want to do.

2. Insulin resistance- My glucose levels are in the normal range but my pancrease is showing high insulin resistance.  I have not been diagnosed with PCOS. I have no cysts and no other symptoms.  My Endo went ahead and started me on 500mg of Metformin (extended release)  I will do this a couple of weeks then go up to 1000mg.  So far I have tolerated it really well.  I have weak ovulation so hoping this helps!

So not thrilled I have these two issues but I know it could have shown something much worse so just trying to be proactive and do what I can.  I see my RE next month to start treatments again so hopefully this info will help him with my treatment plan.   Any advice is appreciated!  If you have either of these two issues what are you doing about them?
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Tests back ( MTHFR and Insulin resistant) Need advice from those who have them!

• Options
    I have nothing specific to add to your DX... BUT remember.. knowledge is power.... you will get a game plan of what to do with the results.. and modern medicine can eliminate most issues.. :)

I freaked out when I found out about my blood disorder... but now its no big deal...  And I know what I have to do to keep it that way.. :) 

FX for your next cycle!!

Me:38 DH:40 TTC for over 3 yrs~
    Every test known to man- comes out that we are both perfectly capable of conceiving- 

Officially diagnosed with "unexplained infertility"

7/17/13-1st try with 100mg Clomid+Novarel+Prog.
    7/25/13 Mid-cycle U/S- 4 Follicles! 17, 16,L 16,15 R
    7/25/13 Trigger shot
    8/6/13 Beta Blood Drawn... Big fat Neg. 
    New RE:- 101 tests done during break cycle.. All look great! green light to hit the deck running!
    9/18/13- Cd 1- FINALLY! 100 mg clomid CD3-7- 75iu Bravelle 7-10   
    9/30/13 Follie count.. 3 on right. 2 on left-- trigger today
    10/2/13- IUI #1
    10/15/13 Beta #1- BFN.. :(

• Options
    ****siggy warning*****

I'm compound heterozygous for MTHFR (I have one copy of each of the genes).  Pretty much MTHFR has to do with the way your body absorbs/doesnt absorb folic acid very well.  The typical person takes the recommended amount of folic acid and absorbs it appropriately.  With people who have MTHFR we need about 4 times the amount of folic acid intake to absorb the same amount as the normal person.  I've been on Folgard for the last year since I was diagnosed, this has higher doses of folic acid and additional B vitamins as well (in addition to the PNV that has the recommended amount).  My RE didnt put me on baby aspirin or anything.  Hope that helps a little bit! 
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto what monimu said

For my MTHFR I take folgard two times daily along with a prenatal two times a day

Hope this helps

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled