November 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else?

Had my normal appointment today--I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow.  My blood pressure keeps on creeping up, it had been hovering around 135/80 (ish) and today it was 142/85.  I was hoping I could blame it on being nervous, but I actually wasn't for once!  The Dr. measured my belly and felt around a little and said that she is probably going to be a large baby.  My husband asked for clarification if he just meant tall or big, and the Dr. said no--big all around.  The Dr. scheduled me to come back next Monday to re-check my blood pressure and for an ultrasound to check the baby's weight and amniotic fluid levels.  My Dr. seemed concerned but not "worried" if that makes sense.  I don't have protein in my urine or any other signs of pre-e except for high blood pressure.  Anyone else ever have the same thing?  Just curious!

Re: Anyone else?

• Options
    JamieCallowJamieCallow member
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I am in the same boat! My BP was 147/75 and because I have had several different instances with high BP they have sent me for weekly non-stress tests and BPP's. My BP was consistently high in the tests so I am glad my doctor took the step to monitor it. She did say she was not overly concerned and just wanted to monitor it.

ETA they are also saying he is on the larger size. During my first test the nurses were questioning the accuracy of my due date because of his size and how well he was doing some of the things they wanted him to (ie practicing breathing and such)
  • Options
    I'm 33weeks and my blood pressure was at 156/85 last week it's came down to 142/78 I've no swelling or headaches or protein in urine
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
    @JamieCallow It's nice to hear that someone else is in the same boat as me, even though I wouldn't wish anything icky on anyone.  I think the Dr. is just being cautious but it's always concerning.  He mentioned something about weekly non-stress tests depending what is up with my BP and baby size at my appointment next week.
    @leopardgurl831 I've checked it out at the grocery store and borrowed a home BP cuff system from a guy DH works with and unfortunately it's riding high all the time (high 130s over 80 something).  I was seriously hoping it was just because I was at the Dr. 

Hopefully it's nothing, but we'll see!
  • Options
    My BP has been steadily climbing as well.  However, I have also had blurred vision and swelling to go along with that.  The highest it was was at my last OB appt last week.  My BP hit 160/98 (if I remember correctly), at which time my OB made me lay down and they monitored me every 15 min for about an hour and it was back to normal when they let me leave.  I have a cuff to test mine at home, but I am now on weekly visits and every two weeks a urine collection and if anything progresses we will be talking early delivery for this LO.  I have also been put out of work and am entering week three of bedrest....
  • Options
    crwjcc1 said:
    My BP has been steadily climbing as well.  However, I have also had blurred vision and swelling to go along with that.  The highest it was was at my last OB appt last week.  My BP hit 160/98 (if I remember correctly), at which time my OB made me lay down and they monitored me every 15 min for about an hour and it was back to normal when they let me leave.  I have a cuff to test mine at home, but I am now on weekly visits and every two weeks a urine collection and if anything progresses we will be talking early delivery for this LO.  I have also been put out of work and am entering week three of bedrest....
    Best wishes to you and LO!  Hopefully LO keeps on baking with no further issues.  I'm hoping the Dr. is just being cautious.  I'm more concerned with the BP than the size of the baby as both my husband and I are tall and I'm not a teeny tiny lady!
  • Options
    Thanks!  The original goal was to hit 35 weeks and we are nearly there.  This LO is also measuring large- he was already measuring 5lb 7 oz at our last u/s two weeks ago.  So, I am not so concerned about size, just making sure he is as ready as he can be to come out and join the family :) 

Your doc probably just wants to be cautious and hopefully everything will stay normal with the Bp :) At least this way they can make sure you aren't showing any other signs of possible pre-e. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"