Toddlers: 24 Months+

What time is bed time?

Just wondering what time bedtime is for your toddlers and what time they generally wake up.

We have been doing am 8pm bedtime for a while, but no longer have to get up at 6:30 to get ready for work/daycare...so I am finding that he seems to be waking up earlier and early each day and is taking shorter naps, wondering if we need to move his bedtime to 8:30 or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: What time is bed time?

• We put him down between 8 and 8:30 but he usually falls asleep around 9:30 or 10 and sleeps until about 8 or 8:30.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 7:00 if she has no nap. 7:30 if she naps. Many times she doesn't fall asleep at that times, but she needs the downtime in her crib.

We just got over a week of her waking in the middle of the night due to nightmares, and I think it was definitely linked to her not napping and a later bedtime. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • He's in bed between 7:30-8pm and falls alseep quickly.  He's up at 6:30am during the week.  He still has a minimum 2 hour nap at day care. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 7:30 on average.  During the week we sometimes put her to bed at 7pm if she seems overtired.  She's up between 6:30 and 7 everyday and (usually) naps for 1-1.5 hours.

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • DD goes to bed at 8:30 and gets up between 7 & 7:30.  I tried to push her bed time back to 9pm and it had the opposite effect that I wanted.  When I put her to bed later than normal, she ends up waking up earlier than usual.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bedtime is between 9/9:30 (usually closer to 9:30/9:45 is when she actually goes to bed) and she gets up around 8:30. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD is 2.5 and goes to be about 7-7:15 and is up at 6:45 on weekdays. She doesn't nap at daycare either. It's about the same on weekends except she catches up on sleep and naps 2-3 hours S& S. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bedtime is 8:00. Some nights he falls asleep quickly, others he's awake until after 9 (but in bed). He wakes usually between 7:30-8:00. Most days he takes a 2-hour nap still though we often skip on weekends because we're out doing stuff.
  • bluejettabluejetta member
    edited September 2013
    Bedtime is 7pm and she is usually asleep then (sometimes talks for 15-20min). She wakes about 5:30 most days.  We have not had luck trying to shift her schedule later. She entertains herself in her crib till we get her up at 6.  I wish she knew weekends were for sleeping in.
  • Bed at 8pm and wakes around 730 and 830. She plays in her crib some times and that is usually the 830 wake up days. Naps 1-3 hours
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 8:15 we read a story and say prayers after that it's bed time so I would say 8:30 is bedtime
  • DD# 1 is 3 and DD#2 is 20 months.  They both do dinner at 7:30, baths at 8, play for a while, then bedtime around 9.  They both fall asleep pretty quickly.  They wake up at 7 or 7:30.  
  • DD's bedtime is 8 p.m.  How long it takes her to fall asleep is variable.  I have to get her up around 6:45 to take her to daycare during the week, but on the weekends, she usually sleeps until ~7:30.
    She naps during the day, anywhere from 1-2 hours.
  • Ugh, we're playing around with this right now.  It WAS 8:30ish for a looong time, but she keeps waking at 6:30 and refusing naps, so I tried pushing bedtime way earlier so she'd get more nighttime sleep.  However, this just caused her to have extended night wakings and/or very early mornings.  So yeah.  I'm no help right now.  But from my obsessive Googling on the subject, I can tell you that most child sleep gurus seem to think 6:30-8 is the "correct" bedtime for toddlers, depending on whether or not they nap, and how early they wake up.  They're still supposed to be getting 12-13 hours of sleep a day, which is hard to come by in this house, try as I might.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We try to start bedtime at 8:00. He's usually asleep by 9:00. He is left to wake up on his own and that's usually by 7.

Nap is about 2-5.
  • 7:30-8:00 bedtime for DD.  We wake her up at 6:45-7:00 during the week to go to daycare, but she usually wakes up between 7:00 and 8:00 on her own on weekends.
  • We try to be in bed by 8:00pm.  They both sleep with us, which works for everyone at this time, and are up by 6am.  They take short naps at daycare. My husband and I have to be up very early and we have tried earlier bed times but we can't seem to get everything finished before 8pm.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"