Working Moms
Options

Number 2 on the way!!

Finally got my BFP this morning and today I have gone from excited, to happy, to terrified, to OMG I'm dreaming. I just hope that I can manage my active 28 month old, my very active special needs students and a second baby on the way. Other teachers out there how do you feel with 2 or more???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Number 2 on the way!!

• Options
    I'm a teacher with #2 on the way as well! Congrats! I am also terrified about handling 2. I think it's going to be a steep learning curve. With my first I was terrified of giving birth, with my second its "how am I going to meet both their needs?" Both times I just say to myself, "lots of people do it so it must be possible!"

How long will you take off? You will be due at the beginning of the school year right?
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    I am not a teacher but I have a 14 month old and am expecting #2 in jan. I am also really nervous about how this is going to work having mine be only 1.5 years apart! The next few years should be crazy. I have a very demanding job so it is going to be tough. I travel 2-3 nights per week so it will be tougher on DH but he says he is up for it. I am going to probably start having to look for a less demanding job at some point. Be thankful for your hours and time off! I am sure it is very demanding to work with special needs kids, best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been tough. We haven't had number 2 yet, but our first just started walking and I started a new teaching job, and I've been more tired than usual. I've just started to get some of my energy back. I know it'll take some adjusting, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad since we just did this a year ago.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Luckily I'll be due at the end of the this school year so I'll get all summer off, I just feel so obligated to both my job and my family that I don't know which way is up. Oy to just make it through the first trimester. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"