Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What type of snow pants? Winter boots?

I'm looking to purchase a winter coat and snow pants for my son, but I'm not sure what type. Are the overall pants (bibs) better than just regular snow snow pants or are the bibs too much of a pain? Any thoughts on boots too? I live in MN so it gets pretty cold here, but we do plan on going outside as much as we can. Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What type of snow pants? Winter boots?

• Michigan girl here. I spurged because DS is very active and we will need to be able to spend a lot of time outside for sanity's sake. I got DS a Carhartt coat off Amazon for $30 and Whalls bibs for $25. I haven't decided on boots yet though. I bought two pieces because a pair of coveralls probably won't fit for more than one year because of torso length. I hope that either the coat or bibs will be usable for a second year.

I don't like the cheap plasticy snow suits because they rip and it seems like they soak through quickly.

I haven't gotten boots yet so I'd also like to see some suggestions.
  • I like the 3 in 1 coats (I get mine from Children's Place).  I use the inner layer in the car since you can't use heavy coats but then I can send the outer layer with him to daycare for outdoor play and use it at home for outdoor play.  I've gotten the bib snow pants from Target and haven't had any issues.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"