Pre-School and Daycare

daycare birthday party invite

DD just started a new daycare last month and got her 1st birthday party invite this week.  One minute she tells me she doesn't know the kid and doesn't want to go, the next she does know him and does want to go.  I'm leaning towards going because it's not for 3 weeks, so she should get to know everyone better, plus I'd hate for the poor kid to have invited everyone and no one go, or a bunch of kids go and DD misses out on alot of fun.  It's at Funplex, I've never been but I think it's a chain.  I think DS (16 months) would also enjoy it.  I'm thinking me, DH, DD, and DS all go, I'll keep DD w/ the birthday group and take her in for the pizza/cake while DH plays around w/ DS.  Is that ok?  I don't want them to think DS is crashing the party, I won't expect food or tokens for him.  

Re: daycare birthday party invite

• I'd go if nothing else to meet the kids and parents of the kids in her class. I had a mom and her daughter RSVP and ask if the dad and little brother could come along as well. At first I was a little taken back, but in the end it ended up not being a big deal. The dad kind of hung out with the baby while the girl and her mom stayed with the party.
    imageimage
  • I would not bring another kid, mainly because a lot of those places charge you for each kid who attends. If it were at someone's house, I would have no problem doing that. But (at least around here), the places that you rent only allow you a certain number of kids for the initial fee, and then they charge you a per kid fee after that. The place where I had DD's party charged me for anyone who crawled or walked, for liability purposes. The only kids they didn't charge me for were those who stayed in a stroller or wrap the whole time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • meg1974 said:
    I would not bring another kid, mainly because a lot of those places charge you for each kid who attends. If it were at someone's house, I would have no problem doing that. But (at least around here), the places that you rent only allow you a certain number of kids for the initial fee, and then they charge you a per kid fee after that. The place where I had DD's party charged me for anyone who crawled or walked, for liability purposes. The only kids they didn't charge me for were those who stayed in a stroller or wrap the whole time.
    I'm going to call and check, but I'm assuming it's open to the public while birthday parties are going on, like Chuck E Cheese, so what ever DS does we would take care of.
  • Recently had a similar situation where we were invited a couple weeks after a new kid started in the class and my kids said they didn't like him and didn't want to go then changed their minds and liked him and wanted to go Etc... My ended up being out of town and it was at a place where I wasn't comfortable watching both kids on my own so we didn't go but we mostly go to all the preschool parties we get invited to for the reasons already mentioned. I would definitely be sure to pay admittance for your other child and let the party person from the place know so they don't charge the host and when I have seen others do that they have often kept the other child away from the party room during cake and stuff just to kind of be nice and not expecting that one to be fed in case there is not enough or what have you basically like you said... I think ppl understand esp when the other child is littler... I had a number of siblings show up at my kids bday party this summer but I sort of anticipate it and made sure we had enough food to offer but would never make that assumption myself...
    Bday parties have been the best way for me to get to know other parents at all...
  • I'm a single mom who totes both of my kids everywhere. If one child is invited to a party, I always RSVP and let the host know sister will be joining but I will take care of the expense. Also, when I plan a party, I always allow for siblings. I find most parents who have multiple kids do the same. You may be in luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you bring both kids I agree to check in like you don't know each other and do not bring the little one into the party room. Honestly even if you are asked to by the parent I would nicely say no thanks and that him and DH are fine and going to spend bonding time because it is rude to crash the party and you do not know if they are inviting you because someone canceled or because they feel they have to.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"