October 2013 Moms
Options

Strictly mobile users-Poll

2»

Re: Strictly mobile users-Poll

• Options
    In mobile cause the battery died on my Mac and I don't feel like replacing it.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Soooo lazy. I really only use my laptop if I need to work from home or do some serious googling. Otherwise mobile...soo easy and convenient.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am almost always mobile. Three main reasons - I live in the sticks with one slow, inexpensive internet option. Therefore, I get internet by tethering from my phone to my laptop. Second - the few times I did get on the Bump with my laptop, I found the long signature stuff annoying since I was used to getting straight to the posts without it. I know, I am a Debbie Downer. I do enjoy pics and gifs though! Third - we have "internet nazis" at my work. They monitor usage VERY, VERY closely. That is when a smart phone comes in handy during the day. ;)

• Options
    bnikiz said:

I didnt vote but... dd wont let me get on the computer with out being on my lap and trying to steal the mouse and bang on the key board.
    Also it is upstairs and we spend 90% of our day down stairs in the living room.

This. My DD is the exact same way. Mobile does kinda suck but it's the easiest way for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pmarie33 said:

And being mobile is no excuse for not giffing.

Is being a technological idiot an excuse? I would probably break my phone if I tried. Maybe I can get Siri to do it for me...
  • Options

pmarie33 said:

Is being a technological idiot an excuse? I would probably break my phone if I tried. Maybe I can get Siri to do it for me...
    Being tech challenged isn't acceptable either nowadays.

• Options
    pmarie33 said:

pmarie33 said:

Being tech challenged isn't acceptable either nowadays.
    I'm going to be one of those parents that needs help with texting. I'll end up on "damn you auto correct" because I had no clue how to fix my message. Luckily my husband is very computer savvy and will be able to keep up with it all and keep an eye on our daughters. I have already informed him that this is his responsibility.

The other day he told me about Google cars. I had no idea this was a thing.
  • Options
    none of the answers given. I have two laptops downstairs but it is easier for me to have my phone at hand than switch on the laptop, especially during night feeds.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Don't own a computer because we don't need one. My husband and I do everything on our phones. I had a brand new laptop and gave it to my mom cause we never used it.
  • Options
    I dot have a computer or laptop or iPad also I dot have cable or direct TV. DH and I are rarely home so we don't bother for the extra bills, also no land line we are strictly mobile in all sense. Here's another to be attacked, we don't have cars and use public transportation. 8->
  • Options
    Arod1087 said:

Ummmm truth..I'm lazy and getting the laptop on my lap while this big is uncomfortable. Sooo I lay on my side and bump from my phone.

Also..most the time the computer is in another room and no way do I have the determination to get it!

I could have written this myself. We need this as an option

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    I have a computer, but I feel like I'm pretty much always on the go so it's just easier to be mobile. If I get the time to sit down and play on the computer ( without falling asleep ) then I'll bump from my computer :).
  • Options
    You need a "I have a computer, but my DH is always on it" option!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I have a computer but it is old as dirt and very slow! Every time I start saving for a new one something else comes up. Oh well one of these days hopefully sooner than later!

• Options
    My work blocks TB, and when I'm home I prefer using my lpad or phone then sitting at my desk. Just convenience really.
  • Options
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    We have a Mac and a Sony laptop.... our internet is OK at best, so I never bother to get on either computer.

I did however update my ticker and siggy last month for SNL. And on my day off tomorrow I fully intend to do some extensive research to find a horribly disturbing costume fail :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I voted for the mobile is so awesome but the truth is I am to lazy to get on my PC when I can sit on the couch and use my phone or iPad
    BFP 11/24/2012 - EDD 08/02/2012 - MC 11/28/2012 @ 4w5d
  • Options
    DETrentDETrent member
    edited September 2013
    Bump is blocked at work, so I'm mobile 95% of the time.

When I am able to be on the computer, I like it so much more!
    july sig challenge: babies are not dogs
  • Options
    I am mobile most of the time because I am too lazy to go to the computer and log on unless I am at work.  This month however I am going to make a serious effort to do the siggy challenge. Better late (in the last month) then never. :) 

• Options
    I only have a desktop that is stuck in the corner behind all my sewing/crafting shit. Mobile means I can watch tv & bump! However, I do head on over to my desktop to change my Siggy as challenge changes lol
  • Options
    LeaLea123 said:
    I didn't vote because the bump website never let's me log in on my computer! It's fucking annoying!

Use a new browser. No IE!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    bnikiz said:

I didnt vote but... dd wont let me get on the computer with out being on my lap and trying to steal the mouse and bang on the key board.
    Also it is upstairs and we spend 90% of our day down stairs in the living room.

Pretty much this. Mobile is just more accessible these days.

• Options
    Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    edited September 2013
    NRyan55 said:
    My 2 year old doesn't let me get on the computer!

Not a good excuse. She's 2...you're 28! ;) that's just an age guess...amiright?

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    I checked that the computer will ruin my lyyyyfe .... but I'm lying.

Like Kim, I'm a special snowflake. At work, I'm on TB all day. At home, mobile cuz we don't have internet
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Options
    --halo----halo-- member
    edited September 2013
    Amjoy25 said:

NRyan55 said:

My 2 year old doesn't let me get on the computer!

Not a good excuse. She's 2...you're 28! ;) that's just an age guess...amiright?

Do you have children? Obviously I can't tell if you have a ticker for them because I'm on mobile! lol If you do, please bless us with your divine power of being able to successfully use a computer in their presence.

I don't use my laptop around DS for 2 reasons. 1. He wants to sit in my lap and "type". 2. I feel like a shitty mom for being on the computer when there are a billion other things I should/could be doing.

I can use it after he goes to bed, but that's usually when I finally get some time to shower or clean or prepare for baby.
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    I used to use my laptop but since we moved into our new place we haven't set up Internet. I have to get it soon anyways so I'll be back on a regular computer.

• Options
    Amjoy25 said:

I'm hearing a lot of laziness bumpies...I suppose I should have made that a choice.

Laziness is my reason. Our laptop needs a new battery, so that's out. The desktop is on the other side of the house and I really want to put my feet up and watch tv while on TB. I really want to participate in gif parties someday....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got on my laptop today and saw a bunch of scary sigs. Glad to be mobile.

::shudders::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"