LGBT Parenting

GTKY Friday! (9/27 Edition)

Take a few and help us get to know you better!

1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

2.     What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose)

4.      What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

5.      Are you happy with the size of your boobs? Have you always been?

6.      What kind of computer or device do you use primarily?

7.      What’s the last concert or show you went to? When/what is the next?

8.      Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!

9.      In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?

10.   What is your all-time favorite movie?

BONUS: PIP yourself! Some of you we’ve never seen! And if you’re not into that, PIP something else fun for us. J

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY Friday! (9/27 Edition)

• 1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.) Hmm... we don't really get too many subscriptions.  Internet!  I think that's all.  We used to get cable, but cable+internet is $115 and just internet is $30, we don't really watch too much tv so it was really hard to justify an extra $85/month.

2.     What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)  Only to Mexico.  Boring, I know.

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose) This is where I get really crazy!  I've lived on both the Eastern side of Wisconsin AND the western!  :)

4.      What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? My mom was always really crafty with our costumes when we were little.  Living in Wisconsin, it was always cold on Halloween night, so we had to design our costumes around our winter coats.  So the one year that stands out to me I was a bag of Jelly Bellies.  My mom took a huge clear garbage bag and cut holes for my legs, put me inside it, filled it with balloons, and sewed it shut over my shoulders.  She then taped the logo on the outside of the bag.  I even had a headband with the top part of the bag sticking straight up!  My mom got some serious amazing mom points for that one :)

5.      Are you happy with the size of your boobs? Have you always been? No.  not at all.  Pre-pregnancy I was getting ok with the (small) size of my boobs.  While I was nursing, I was incredibly happy with them because they got huge (huge for me at least!), and now that I am done nursing they got even smaller than before.

6.      What kind of computer or device do you use primarily? Mac.

7.      What’s the last concert or show you went to? When/what is the next? We went to a concert in the park.  It was just a little local one.  The next concert will probably be next summer, although B is begging to go to Vegas to see Britney.

8.      Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it! We are actually moving TODAY!!  :)  Our new house is on the entrance road to a huge local park.  The park is really pretty cool.  It has a zoo, a petting zoo, a fountain (for playing in), and tons of swingsets - and it's all free.  Here's our new house:

9.      In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far? The happiest moments have been watching other people hold N.  The look on my parents' faces is priceless.  However, nothing will top the first time I remember B comforting N and saying "It's ok.  Momma's here."

A little bit of background... I met B right around the time that I conceived N with my ex husband.  So B and I didn't plan to raise a child together.  We just ended up falling in love.  So for a while, during my pregnancy when we started dating, it was really hard for B to be ok with being a mom to N.  Which is why it was so huge for her to say "momma" and want to be a part of N's life.

10.   What is your all-time favorite movie? This is a hard one for me.  It really depends on what I am in the mood for.  I really like Inception though.  I think I could watch that movie over and over and never get bored of it.

Bonus PIP - This is a picture of B and I.  I'm on the right, in the white and blue shirt, and then B is in the navy sweater.

• KH826KH826 member
    edited September 2013

1. What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

My wife gets Self Magazine, but that is the only subscription by mail that we get. We have other Magazines/papers that we buy frequently, but we don't have subscriptions. We also have Verizon Fios for Cable/Phone/Internet. That's it for us - we are pretty boring!

2. What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)

I have traveled to Greece, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Bermuda and several carribean islands.

3. List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose)

I have lived in Maine, Massachusetts (suburb 30 mins from Boston) and Pennsylvania (various different Philadelphia suburbs and now 1/8 of a mile from city limits)

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

One year I was a rabbit jumping out of a hat. I think I was 10 or 11 years old. The costume was huge and very complicated, but I thought it was so cool and creative at the time. I'm pretty sure my mom hated it, but she was a good sport about it.

5. Are you happy with the size of your boobs? Have you always been?

Right now I would really like for my boobs to be smaller. I have posted about my boobs several times recently b/c they have been on a growing spurt since TTC and are now a full D cup. They were a D cup when I was in high school and college, but I was very heavy then and they seemed proportionate to the rest of me. I lost over a 100 lbs and my boobs seemed to settle at a nice medium C cup size, and I thought they were just right. Well, I have gained some weight since starting TTC and it seems that weight has gone right to my boobs and my hips. I upgraded to a D cup again a few weeks ago, reluctantly. Well, since then, they have been growing at an alarming rate (I know it is just pregnancy hormones, but still!)... my wife said to me this morning that they were HUGE and I almost cried. She totally meant it in a good way, but I am not loving their hugeness right now. I know they are only going to get bigger... oy!

6. What kind of computer or device do you use primarily?

For work I primarily use a Dell Latitude Laptop. At home, 99.9% of the time I am on my iPad. I haven't even turned my personal laptop on in weeks...

7. What’s the last concert or show you went to? When/what is the next?

My wife and I went to a concert at the end of July and we saw Fun. and Tegan and Sara. I don't know what is next... we don't have anything scheduled. My Father-in-law has been on a holiday concert/show kick lately and trying to get the family to get tickets to see shows together in December. I think we might do Transiberian Orchestra and maybe a muscial (not sure which one yet)... We usually go to 1-2 concerts a year and 3-4 shows. This year we have slacked a bit as TTC has consumed a lot of our time, energy and money...

8. Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!

So, as I mentioned, we currently live 1/8th of a mile outside of the Philadelphia City limits. Everyone is always shocked when we tell them our physical address is not Philadelphia. It is a city neighborhood for sure. The rest of our street is all twin houses, and then we are on the far end of the street next to a church, and our house is the only detached home on the street. So we don't really have any immediate neighbors (aside from the church, which also has a banquet hall attached in the back -- they have a lot of weddings there -- it is fun to watch out the window at wedding parties coming and going a lot).

9. In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?

I would say that so far, my happiest moment, has been marrying my wife. I described a few months back the moment when I walked into the barn where we had our wedding reception just prior to our ceremony. My wife had hand-made virtually everything for the reception and then she and her mom set everything up while I was out getting my hair and make-up done that morning. I was in my dress and all ready to go and the venue had me wait in the barn for a few minutes before I walked out to walk down the isle. I was in there by myself for a few minutes and I could hear the music playing and I knew my wife was out there waiting for me. The room was just so breath taking, and I was just struck in that moment by how amazing that day was and how lucky I was to be there and to be marrying such a wonderful, thoughtful, creative, talented person. I think that moment (followed immediately by when I walked out and started walking down the isle and my wife came back down the isle -- she was already up at the altar -- and took my hand and walked with me the rest of the way)... my heart felt the most full then than it ever has.

10. What is your all-time favorite movie?

Dirty Dancing

BONUS PIP: So this is me on our wedding day. It is one of my favorite pictures. I am not a huge fan of photos of myself in general, but this one I really liked.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

Cable/Internet

2.     What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)

Mexico, Canada, Great Britain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany.  I took two European trips in high school, so it's been a while.  Can't wait until we can afford to take a trip to Europe together. :)

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose)

Suburb of Jackson, MS until I graduated high school

Tuscaloosa, AL during college/grad school

Austin, TX ever since!

4.      What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

I have zero memories of childhood Halloween costumes.  My parents were not crafty, so I think they just bought us those crappy plastic smock/mask things.

5.      Are you happy with the size of your boobs? Have you always been?

I was really happy with the size of my boobs pre-pregnancy.  When I was running a lot, they got down to a size C and I really liked it.  I've been a D cup since I was a kid and I always wished they were smaller.  I've always needed a little less booby and a little more booty. ;)

6.      What kind of computer or device do you use primarily?

Mac and iPhone

7.      What’s the last concert or show you went to? When/what is the next?

Yikes.  It's been a while and I really don't remember.  I live in a music city, but I hate big crowds, so I'm not a fan of concerts.

8.      Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!

We live in a condo community, so it's pretty quiet.  Lots of retirees here, actually.  PIP-ing the only picture I can find of the outside.

9.      In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?

My wedding day was by far the happiest day of my life.  

10.   What is your all-time favorite movie?

2Mamaz, you love these "favorite" questions!  Ummm, I can't think right now.  I watched Dirty Dancing approximately 1,248 as a kid.  I don't know if its my favorite movie, but it's the movie I have probably seen the most. :)  

BONUS: PIP yourself! Some of you we’ve never seen! And if you’re not into that, PIP something else fun for us. J

Z and me at a friend's wedding - I was about 7 weeks pregnant here. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) I'm not a big magazine reader, but C loves her gossip mags so I get her subscriptions for People and Us Weekly (her two favorites).  For some reason, I get Martha Stewart Living, Everyday Cooking, and Rolling Stone.  I think my parents signed us up for those at some point but I just end up collecting them and giving them to my friends.  We have AT&T Uverse.  AT&T for our phones, too.  We get a discount from work.

2) I've been outside the country a few times: Japan, China, Spain, and France so far.  Been to Canada a few times, and spent a hot minute in Amsterdam.  I love to travel and wish I could do it more often but it is ex-pen-sive!  And I gotta save my pennies for baby-makin'.

3) I haven't moved a lot.  Outside of Indiana, I did my stint in Japan and I lived in Chicago for a short period of time.  C and I decided we hated city life so we moved back to Indiana.  I'm glad we tried, though, so we'd know.

4) C and her mom are obsessed with Halloween, so I'll tell you my favorite adult costume since my childhood costumes were hardly creative.  MIL makes us costumes every year from scratch, and they're massive, elaborate, crazy costumes.  We enter contests and usually win.  My favorite so far was the roller coaster.  C and I were strapped into a car made from cardboard, paper, and decals that made it look like a real roller coaster.  C and I walked down Halsted in Chicago for the parade with our arms in the air and screaming while leaning from side to side.  We had everyone laughing and we ended up getting best couple and best overall that night :) So much fun!

5) I love my boobs.  I've always been happy with my ample bosom.

6) I have a Mac at home but I hate it.  I mostly use my phone, or my Windows computer at work.

7) We went to Jason Aldean a week ago.  It was awesome :) He put on a great show!  Next concert... not sure.  Outdoor concert season is over, here, so we probably won't go to another show until next year unless there's a local bluegrass group that comes our way.

8) I live in a townhouse so our street looks like a typical apartment building complex.  It's nice and we've been really happy there.  We'll probably look into moving between our first child's 3rd and 4th birthday.  We definitely will need more space by that point but for now... snug as a bug.

9) I'm lucky in that I've had many more happiest moments than saddest moments so this is tough to answer.  I'll tell you one of them, at least.  When we lived in Chicago, we were both really stressed out from our long commutes and dissatisfying jobs so we'd leave all the time.  One of our first trips was to Wisconsin Dells.  It was the dead of winter and while we were crazy to drive further north in the snow and wind at night, it was seriously one of the best trips ever.  We got to our hotel and relished the quiet compared to the busy street corner we lived on.  We spent a long weekend going to the indoor water parks, visiting the cheesy tourist attractions from C's childhood, and enjoying the wonderful beer.  It was really romantic because it was just the two of us and we finally had time to ourselves to just relax and be together.  That break from the stress was very much needed because our short time in Chicago was spent taking care of other people and working long hours at our old jobs that were really boring and mentally draining.  We really needed to reconnect at that point and now Wisconsin is one of our favorite places to visit!  We're going back again in mid-October for the beer festival and we're taking some friends with us.  I'm really, really excited about it already!

10) Um... Well... This is going to sound crazy, but Kill Bill.  I'm normally not into violent movies - or Quinten Tarantino for that matter - but I love the story line and I love Uma Thurman, and I could watch Kill Bill 1 & 2 over and over and never get sick of it.

I'll PIP myself though I don't normally... The whole TTC thing is kind of on the down low for us (aside from close friends and family) just because I hate being asked about it and I don't want other people to know my business but I doubt anyone I know is lurking on the LGBT parenting board.  I'm just scarred because I was active on a board for lap band surgery (I decided against it in the end) and a colleague found me and started asking me all kinds of personal questions and it really freaked me out.  So... Yeah, that really sucked.  But again, that was rare, so I'll just assume it won't happen again.

• edited September 2013

1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

Internet, Fitness Magazine and Sony Playstation Radio

2.     What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)

Are you ready for this? Mexico and Canada :) 

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose)

I started life in Rhode Island. We moved to Michigan when I was 10 or so. When I moved out of my parent's house, I moved into a dorm on campus. From that point on, I moved every single year up until a few years ago. I've always resided in Michigan, though. Currently, I am rounding the corner to the third year in this house with my amazing wife. 

We didn't have a lot of money, so often, we were "hobos" or clowns. I think my favorite was when I borrowed a dress and was Glinda the good witch and was able to dress like a princess. 

Yes. I've always been happy and that is one thing I would never change. They are not big, but not small. Kinda perfect for me!

ASUS laptop, Kindle Fire HD and Samsung Galaxy S3 (and Ipod). I love gadgets, but don't like paying for the *newest* stuff. 

I went to see Wicked with my wife. We received the tickets as a wedding gift and it was amazing. I had seen it three times already, but my wife had never seen it. She was instantly in love!! I don't know what the next one will be!

8.      Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!

We live off of a busy road, but are 1500 feet away from it. It's very nice. We have a track-like circle driveway with our one neighbor and on each side we have beans and corn. 

9.      In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?

The day I married my soul mate. 

This is a pic of our space. We were fortunate to have it right at our house with a giant tent that looked like a castle. It was a diy-budget wedding, which was perfect for us. Nothing fancy. Just love. 

The notebook. 

BONUS: PIP yourself! Some of you we’ve never seen! And if you’re not into that, PIP something else fun for us. J

My wedding dress. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• 1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

Oh man... K gets Wired & Gamestop's Magazine. Then we get Real Simple and All You for the coupons. We also get the Sunday newspaper for coupons. We have cable and internet and Hulu Plus & Netflix. Yikes... maybe we should cut down on all of that, although the mag subscriptions were all free and we only pay $4/month for the paper.

Canada, Mexico, Belize, England, Ireland, Wales.

Always in Michigan. We lived somewhere until I was like 7 months old, then we lived with my grandparents, then in a townhouse with me and mom until I went away to school, lived in a dorm, an apartment, and a house, then came back home, and moved in with K 2 years ago.

Jasmine from Aladdin! 

They're quite large, but I've grown used to them as I've gotten older.

The iMac or my Samsung Galaxy S4

We went and saw The Wizard of Oz musical on our honeymoon in June...not sure what's next!

Suburban. VERY suburban.

Marrying K!

Remember the Titans? Back to the Future? Harry Potter? SO MANY!

BONUS

K & I are our wedding shower in April :)

M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

We currently have no cable or internet at home (well my sister lives next door and we steal her internet sometimes, haha)  I think the only magazines we get is Cosmopolitan, I need to cancel it because I never read it.  I think my wife likes it for the "articles"  haha

I have never been out of the United States, I know super boring!

I have lived in and around Columbus, Ohio most of my life.  I moved to Louisville, KY when I was 20-23 but moved back to Columbus to be near my family.  I have moved around almost every year and I am so glad that my wife and I have lived in the same apartment for over two years and just signed another lease.  I love not moving and we are lucky to be in a nice area.

GoaliesWife123 we didn't have a lot of money and I was always dressed like a hobo or had homemade costumes.  One year I was a dancer and wore my sister's dance costume from the year before.  I wasn't able to take dance because that year we couldn't afford the costume.  It's okay I am not traumatized at all ;-)

I actually do like my boobs.  I am lucky that I didn't develop until early 20s, as I have gained weight they have gotten bigger but they fit my body.  I of course wish they were a little perkier, but I am pretty lucky in that department too.

I think the laptop is a Dell, we got it from a friend a few years ago super cheap.  We need to buy a new one, but its not a priority right now.  

I went to a 4 day country concert this summer.  I saw Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, Trace Adkins, Thompson Square and Toby Keith.  Don't judge me for my love of country music

We live in an apartment complex.  It usually pretty quiet except the annoying dudes with loud motorcycles.  This is part of our shared patio aka "Lesbian Lounge"

It would have to be the night my wife proposed.  We were surrounded by friends and some family.  It was a thoughtful, sweet proposal.  Our wedding ceremony is a close second, but the entire weekend surrounding our wedding was tainted by family drama so it's hard to forget all of that :-(

Sound of Music

This picture was taken when G was in the hospital January 2012.  The original caption read "ET phone home".  We were trying to be silly sweet during a scary time.

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1. What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

We get internet, hulu and netflix, along with Xbox live and playstation network! That's really it.

2. What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)

I have traveled to Ireland and Canada.

3. List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose)

I've lived in Massachusetts (a suburb about 30 mins from Boston) and New Hampshire (In the middle on nowhere!)!

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

I was usually a black cat- never was one for awesome childhood costumes.

5. Are you happy with the size of your boobs? Have you always been?

I'm happy with the size of my chest- I wasn't always. I had a breast reduction that brought me to be where I wanted to. We'll see what pregnancy has in store for me though!

6. What kind of computer or device do you use primarily?

I'm an IT person, so I'm constantly working on some electronic device!

7. What’s the last concert or show you went to? When/what is the next?

My wife took me to see Matchbox 20 and the Goo Goo Dolls not too long ago.

8. Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!

We live in a fairly normal neighborhood- Can't wait to move though, we get a ton of people whipping into our driveway to turn around.

9. In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?

I get pretty happy everyday just waking up! It's the little things!

10. What is your all-time favorite movie?

Clue

image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • 1.) We don't have cable, but we do subscribe to netflix online and watch shows through our playstation on the TV. We also get a few Canadian magazines: The Walrus, This, and Shameless

2.) The U.S and Canada (depending on where I've lived they have both been trips), Spain, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Croatia, UK.

3.) Born and raised in Chicago. Lived in Williamstown, MA for four years for school. Lived in Washington DC and the immediate suburbs for a few years. Now live in Toronto.

4.) I was super lucky to have fantastic costumes that my mom made/designed. My halloween pics are some of my favorite pictures. Perhaps my favorite, though, was the one I made for myself in high school when I went as dinner. I made a table from a large cardboard box over my shoulder (my head through a hole in the middle). I think had a table cloth on it and a place setting clued to the table cloth. I then had a big platter around my head as if my head was what was being served for dinner. When I wanted to ham it up (pun intended) I put an apple in my mouth. :)

5.) Yes. Clothes often don't fit perfectly (men often don't have breasts and I tend to wear men's clothes) but they actually fit better now than they did when I wore women's clothes. Plus size women's close tend to be cut for very pear shaped folks and I am definitely not pear shaped. As a genderqueer d.yke (which I have not always been), I have a relationship with my boobs that I enjoy. I like having them and I like displaying them for M but they also aren't central to my gender identity (nor is a reducing of them central to my gender identity) so I don't need to make them appear or disappear, so I'm able to be happy with them.

6.) I have a Mac laptop. I also use an ipad and an iphone.

7.) Last concert was Kate Reid at Toronto Pride. Last show was CATS, which we left at intermission. I don't know what's in store next. :)

8.) We move on Sunday! (We were supposed to move Tuesday but are actually getting the keys today so we are moving up the move-in date). We currently live on a relatively busy street in a residential neighborhood. Our street is almost all houses. We are moving into a very densely packed neighboorhood that is full of high rise apartment buildings. Our building is on the far edge of the neighborhood and backs up only a forest/river, so I'm hoping that it will not feel too overwhelming. 
    I don't have a picture of our new building, but here's the floorplan. My office will be in the sun room. We are super excited to have 1.5 baths and a dishwasher. :)
    9.) I'm super emotional these days (possibly from the birth control I'm on for my endo) so I started crying when I was thinking about this this morning.
    My happiest moment was when I found out that my brother C (the one I talked about last week who had the seizures and was in a coma) was being moved out of critical care into a regular room and was being taken off of dialysis (short term kidney failure had been successfully reversed)! I was in the hotel room after sleeping for 4 hours and texted my dad to find out if he was ready for me to come back for my next shift at the hospital. He told me I had to meet him in a different room. When I asked him why, he told me the above news. I was so happy!!! It still makes me cry (including right now while I write this).

10.) I don't tend to watch movies over and over so I'm not sure how to answer this. The Princess Bride is certainly the one I talk to people about the most. I also loved But I'm a Cheerleader and I'm a total sucker for Imagine Me and You.

Bonus PIP yourself-- I'm on the viewer's left (the taller one) and M's on the right. 

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • herbabymama said:

Small B pre-pg, DD now and super happy! Sad to hear it will definitely not last past breastfeeding... K is getting a reduction in two weeks and I'm super sad about that. I'm totally a boob person.

I'm sorry to say, I was a regular B before pregnancy, went up to a full C while nursing and now am at an A.  :(  I will cross my fingers that you're new boobies stick around !
  • 1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

We get The New Yorker and Entertainment Weekly magazines; have cable and Netflix; I go back and forth on Xbox Live, so we can watch Netflix on TV - not a gamer really. And I have XMRadio in my car!

2.     What countries have you Traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.)

For work: Costa Rica, Mexico, The Philippines, Japan (Tokyo), UK (London), Canada

For fun: My first trip to Europe in my mid-20s was a month long and was France, Germany, The Czech Republic, Austria, Italy and Spain. My eyes were opened to the world!!! It changed me so much. Thailand, while having a good friend living there, was amazing - I got to visit like a local and not a tourist.  Other trips to Europe included Belgium and The Netherlands (Amsterdam) and repeat visits to France, Amsterdam, London.... I went to Bikram Yoga School in Acapulco, Mexico, and "lived" there for 10 weeks. And, being that it's 2 hours away, Canada.

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose):

- Erie, PA and Albion, PA (grew up there)

- 1 year of college in Pittsburgh, PA

- 3 years of college in Kent, Ohio + 3 months in Akron, Ohio

- 20 years in Seattle! 5 on Capitol Hill, 15 in Fremont.

4.      What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

I think most of the time I'd repurpose a witch costume, or be something simple like a ghost. The most jealous I was of a costume was a girl who was a gumball machine - with balloons for the gumballs, wrapped in cellophane, with a red hat, red shoes and white tights.

As adults, J and I went to a Halloween party a few years ago as "ourselves in 8th grade" - it was awesome. She was all nerdy with her algebra book, Walkman, etc. and I was all big-80s hair, Journey t-shirt, stone washed jean jacket. Awesome.

I was in a c-cup by 5th grade and HATED them forever. After my weight loss surgery, I had a lower body lift, and a breast lift (reduction more or less...well, less actually). So at my optimal weight, I am a very happy c-cup today. However, having porked up a bit due to treatments and stress, I'm a D - but that is fine. NOT a DDD++ like in the past.

6.      What kind of computer or device do you use primarily?

My work machine is a Win 8 Asus Zenbook w/touchscreen. I have a Surface tablet. And a Windows 8 phone. And a little ipod Nano for music.

We saw The National last week which was awesome, but this week saw Phosphorescent (he's a dude) - kind of alt-folk/alt-country. Great show. Next up is Gary Clark Jr., J knows him better than me. That's coming this Friday. We love going to shows esp. once the rains return to Seattle (and they have).

Here's Phosphorsecent. J said, "I can see his religion in those pants they're so tight!" and, well, let's just hope he's a grower.

8.      Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!

We live in a neighborhood. Houses are close-ish but our street isn't very busy - mostly all owner-occupied homes built around 1915 +/-. Our house is 1919. We love it. Our 'hood is perfect for us - we can walk a few blocks to some restaurants, but you'd never know they were so close. This is a shot from our porch this a.m.image

9.      In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?

This is hard. I know, it's my own question. :) I'd say the best moment was when I realized I didn't hate my body anymore (this was before my weight loss). I was fairly consumed most of my life by being fat - in polite conversation I would call it "self esteem issues" but behind the therapists door, it was "utter self-loathing" - I turned that corner one day and my life changed.

Marrying J was amazing, but to be honest, we were both still so sad over losing our baby 4 weeks earlier (I was supposed to be 20 weeks at our wedding) that it wasn't the best time for us. It had nothing to do with how much we love each other, but we have talked about the cloud that was hanging over us during that time. Losing the baby was just bigger in that moment, due to timing, etc. But of course, marrying J  was a fantastic moment and being married to her makes every day awesome.

10.   What is your all-time favorite movie?

Ok, so J said to ask this because she is a movie person and I'm really not. That said, I went to a lot of indie/foreign movies in college and through my 20s. I think My Left Foot is an amazing film, and I love Strictly Ballroom for an easy fun movie.

BONUS: PIP yourself! Some of you we’ve never seen! And if you’re not into that, PIP something else fun for us.

Well, I PIP'd myself yesterday, so here's Dude (black and white) hanging out with J on her laptop,  and Manny and me cuddling on the front porch instead!!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• 1. I have Internet, Directv, and NetFlix.

2. I have never been outside the U.S. but I really want to travel abroad badly! So much to see in the world.

3. I lived 13 years in a tiny town west of Lubbock, TX. I moved to the D/FW area in the 8th grade and have been in my current town, Weatherford, for about three years. It's about 30 minutes west of Ft. Worth, where I work.

4. I can't really remember any stand out costume from my childhood. When I was in college, I went to an Anthropology/Biology major Halloween party and I went wearing a body bag. It was funny to here people's reactions.

5. My boobs are THE BIGGEST they have ever been!! I feel like they are all over the place and that is how a guy I work with knew I was pregnant. A co-worker also mentioned the other day that it is weird seeing me with big boobs. I prefer them smaller though as what am I supposed to do with these things!!?

6. I use an Asus laptop and my iPhone (more often than not) at home. I have a desktop windows computer at work.

7. The last show I went to was The Nutcracker and it was great. I have no idea what my next one will be seeing, but I would love to see Pink when she's comes in November.

8. The street I live on is an older street that feeds into the historical section of my town. Lots of trees and a huge back yard. I rent the house and have been there about three years. It's the first place that has felt like home in a long time. I attached a Google Earth picture of my house (apparently from last fall).

9. The happiest moment in my life so far was when I heard my little man's heart beat for the first time. I cried happy tears. :)

10. My all time favorite movies are Braveheart, The Notebook, and Fried Green Tomatoes. I can watch them over and over.

And a PIP of myself about a month or so after I found out I was pregnant. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Sorry I am so late to this.  I worked on it a bit yesterday and held off on posting because I wanted to post pictures and didn't have them on my phone.  But now I'm feeling too lazy so I'm just going to post as is.  :)

1. Yuppie alert!  Magazines: Martha Stewart Living, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, and This Old House.  We have FiOS for cable and internet, but we just had basic cable until we got a promotion for free HBO for a few months.  It just ran out and now we're paying because we're addicted, but it's probably going to be the first thing to go when we work on our budget.  We have a Netflix account and an Amazon Prime account for streaming.

2. I've seen a fair amount of the U.S., but have not traveled much internationally.  To date: Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, and France.

3. I grew up in a suburb of Boston, which I currently live in again.  I lived in suburban Philadelphia while in college, have lived in Boston proper and in three immediate suburbs, and for a couple of years I lived in San Jose, CA.

4. Mighty Mouse!  I was probably about 4.  My mom made all of our costumes.

5. I don't mind the size but the shape is not ideal.  I was a D before weight loss and went down to a C afterward; they are back up to a small D.  All of that is fine but as many of you know, boobs do not survive significant weight loss well.  I know breastfeeding will mess them up more so I'm not that worried about it at this point, but in an ideal world I would consider a lift post-kids.

6. I have an HP laptop and an HTC Incredible smartphone.  I prefer to use the former for most Internet use.

7. I used to see a LOT of live music, but I don't anymore.  I am not sure I can remember what the last concert was.  I WANTED to see Grace Potter and the Nocturnals with Josh Ritter at Tanglewood in western MA this summer, but it was a Monday night several hours from our house and we couldn't swing it.  No plans for the next one.  Theater-wise, I think the last one was August:Osage County a couple of years ago (it was AMAZING).  I'm thinking of getting my wife tickets to Once for Christmas but they are pricey.  She loves musicals and I hate them, so I know she would be super excited.

8. We live on a strictly residential, densely-populated suburban street.  Our neighborhood was a farm before it was developed in the 1920s.  Most of the homes date from that period.

9. My wife and I walked down the aisle at our wedding together, and the moment I loved the most was when we got to where our guests were seated (it was outside, on a lawn) and walked between them.  Everyone was standing and smiling and several people were crying, and I was really touched by walking amongst so much love and support, especially given that I know our relationship was difficult for some people to deal with at first.  I felt incredibly loved and lucky.

10. I am generally not someone who likes to watch movies over and over, but in college I went through a thing with Truly, Madly, Deeply.  It's lovely and sad and funny and I should watch it again sometime.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I WANTED to see Grace Potter and the Nocturnals with Josh Ritter at Tanglewood in western MA this summer, but it was a Monday night several hours from our house and we couldn't swing it.  
    I feel your pain, I wanted to see that show too, but couldn't make it happen for pretty much the same reason. :(
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • MY GTKY  Friday on Saturday instead :-)

1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.) Sunset Magazine, Economist

2.     What countries have you traveled to? (If you’ve traveled a lot, list as many or few as you choose.) About 35ish - including: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Germany, England, France, Italy, Spain, Holland, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras, Various Islands, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Indonesia (Bali, Lombok), Cambodia.

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. (If you moved around a lot, list as many or few as you choose) Lol - I think we counted 12 places in 14 years or something ridiculous like that. Northern California: Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Berkeley, Oakland, Roatan Honduras. As  a kid I lived on the East Coast, went to college in upstate New York, and lived in Germany. And now we just moved again to the town where EV will be working. It's a suburb south of where we've ever lived before. We've lived in Apartments, Cottages, Houses, Flats... I swear as I am currently unpacking our stuff I want to be in this house for AT LEAST 2 years.

4.      What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? Hobo - I dressed in my dads old tweed coat, and had a pipe to chew on. I remember loving the taste of the pipe.

5.      Are you happy with the size of your boobs? Have you always been? Yes, now they're a DD, but mostly they've been a size C (a B when I was a young teen).  I've never felt they've needed to be bigger or smaller :-)

6.      What kind of computer or device do you use primarily? Right now EV's Macbook

Ummmm..... Ugghhhhhh.  No idea its been a long time.  Would Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas in December 2012 count?

8.      Describe the street you live on. Stark or populated? Apartments or houses? Busy or quiet? BONUS: PIP it!  WOOOOHOOOOOO just moved. It's a quiet development. Shady street, green lawns. Nice houses. We moved into a 3bd/2.5 bath house.   I love the neighborhood - there are parks in the development and a state park nearby. We're in walking distance to an organic grocery store and yogurt shop- what more can I ask :-)

9.      In contrast to last week, what has been the happiest moment(s) of your life so far?    A day or two after Kaden's birth, holding him in the glider I was so overcome with emotion and love it felt like it would crush me. But it was beautiful and I felt God in that moment. Other moments including seeing ing beautiful things (which is why we love to travel). I usually feel overwhelmed with gratitude and wonder when traveling.  My wedding day. And the mornings when EV and I cuddle or she holds the "mini-nugget" (which is what we're calling this baby).

10.   What is your all-time favorite movie? Harry Potter(s)

• Last night, I was showing J some of the pix posted and she read my reply and scolded me for forgetting both big trips we took together last year! Bad wife. I'm just hoping it's pregnancy brain :)

So to correct myself: Last year I joined J on a coffee-sourcing trip in central Honduras, after which we vacationed on Roatan for a week. And in December, we went to Australia and New Zealand - it was a work trip for me, but J and my BFF sister tagged along. They apparently had a great vacation together :) I worked but saw enough of the sites to say I've been.

Phew, all better.

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• I may be a few days late but I am new to the boards, so that's my excuse! This looked like fun so I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

1.      What subscriptions to get at your home (magazine, newspaper, cable, radio, etc.)

I have a Netflix and a Slacker Radio account (I stream A LOT), so we obviously have internet, too. We do have a cable subscription, but to be perfectly honest, the only time it's on is when Smurf is watching hockey or the Food Network... neither of which I particularly enjoy... so I don't actually watch that much TV on the TV set itself! LOL

2.     What countries have you traveled to? 

I have been to France, Monaco, Italy, and had a pitstop in Amsterdam once, when we were emigrating to Canada from Scotland. I don't consider traveling to the UK "traveling" since that's where I was born and I go there a lot.  Smurf has been to Mexico, Bali, Australia, Ecuador, Galapagos, and England. We've both been to various states and provinces in the US and Canada.

3.    List everywhere you’ve ever lived. 

Great Yarmouth, England (where I was born); Oldmeldrum, Scotland; Calgary, Alberta, Canada; and London, Ontario, Canada (where I currently reside). Smurf is less worldly; she grew up in Scarborough, Ontario, and moved to London 20-ish years ago for university and never looked back.

TBH, Hallowe'en is not that big of a deal in England like it is here in North America (at least it wasn't when I was growing up there... this was 25-odd years ago, mind you) so I've never really gotten into the whole dressing up thing. I think I only went trick-or-treating twice as a kid, and I didn't enjoy it much because I was living in Calgary at the time... AND HOLY COLD. 

Not really. They're kind of huge. Ask me about my love for running but hatred for sports-bra shopping. I'm amazed the girls haven't bruised me in the face yet. Smurf's are perfect, IMO, but she might tell you different. I guess the point is we both like each other's and that's kind of the point, isn't it? LOL

Mainly a laptop (HP something or other running Win8. Kill. Me. Now.), and to a lesser extent my phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) and my BlackBerry Playbook. 

Elvira Kurt! Got to meet her after the show, too. What a dream. As for the next show... I'm not entirely sure. A bunch of friends want to go see the Indigo Girls next month but to quote Santana, "I just can't go to an Indigo Girls concert. I just can't."

For a street that's only a block long, it's RIDICULOUSLY busy. One side of the street has houses on it (maybe 6 in total? that's pushing it though) and the other side has three three-storey walkups. There's always a lot of cars parked on our street, but I never see people. I think it's a conspiracy.

Honestly? Finding out that I only have to wait three weeks for my laser laparoscopic surgery. I love how quickly things move along here.

Love Actually. I watch it every Christmas Eve, no excuses.

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Thank you!! :)

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"